The ones that got away which I regret now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    This is both an easy thread to reply to, and painful at the same time. I'll mention to that got away that still grieve me two that got away. The first one is an original US Property marked Government model 1911, dated 1943. I let that one slip through my fingers at a time when some family needs arose, so at least I don't feel quite so bad about that one because I was helping family. The other one, an HK P7M13 brand new in the box hurts a little more. That was at a time when I was getting into the "big Boomers" and traded it for a Freedom Arms 454. Still love the big Boomers for sure, so no complaints in that regard. But I doubt I'll ever find a new in the box ( or even a used one for that matter !) P7M13 again, that I can even come close to being able to afford.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Ive never understood the selling of firearms for any reason other than its a piece of junk. If its a gun I like I am keeping it. Its never going away I dont care how down I get. Lose the house.... screw I will sleep on the streets with my gun safe chained to my body.
    Trading is a different story but no selling for me.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    A buddy of mine had a Kimber 45 he wanted to get rid of , so I sold a Colt MK4 45 here and bought the Kimber, Then sold the Kimber and got a Les Baer 45. Long story short wish I had them both back.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I regret almost every one. I usually never sold one to purchase another. At the time I needed the money for a bill or something. Now older and more secure I want every one back. I cant remember how many 3rd gen Smiths I have gone thru. Mostly back in the 80s 90s when they were plentiful and in every shop.
    A Kahr K9 when they were new. If I would have kept everything my collection would be a awesome

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I traded a Dan Wesson 357 which was very used for a custom Nikko o/u skeet gun that fits like a glove and is dead on. I wish I had grabbed the Nikko outright.I passed on a NOS Walther p-5 in the box for $500.00.............still think about that one.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I had a 6" Colt Trooper Mark III. When they brought in handgun season for deer, I convinced myself I needed something in stainless that was more resistant to weather and brush. Sold it and bought a 686. Now, I love my 686 , but really wish I had that Colt back.

Pfcmaurx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Jeffersonville
    So I'm sure I'm not the only one that traded a gun for a different one and later regretted making that decision. I once owned a Beretta INOX 96 compact and have regretted trading it away which leads to this post.

I'm thinking on posting a WTT the Sig P320 compact for the Beretta but thought I would ask for your thoughts?

Feel free to to also post your "the ones that got away for something different".
    I traded a Benelli M4 for a few hand guns and a rifle. I made out on the better end of the deal but I still miss that gun.

E-4 461

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2021
    Terre Haute
    stainless Colt King Cobra 6"
    2 Colt Derringers I sold for $50 each now worth about $2000
    Smith&Wesson 629 6" half-lug
    pepper box derringer for $50
    :bash:

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Many, many years ago when my Grandfather passed, relatives were offered his firearms so they remained in the family. I put my request in for a Browning Superposed. Beautiful 12 gauge from the 40's or 50's with vented rib and engraved receiver. Sadly, my Dad forgot to relay the message and that shotgun, along with almost every other gun, went with an Uncle to California. :(

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Gun I traded away that I most wish I had back:
    Bren Ten Marksman Special

One I passed on buying that I most wished I’d gotten:
    Austin Behlert mini HiPower (Browning HiPower with shortened slide and grip, plus other touches).

Sold/traded at the wrong time:
    Colt Python, 6” blue. At the time (mid 90s) they sat in display cases at $350. That’s what I got. And now...

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    Colt agent from 1960 with a plum frame.
    Gen 2 G22 Detroit police trade in
    S&W 66-3 4” bbl
    S&W 586 no dash 4” bbl
    I miss them all but regret selling the Glock the most. Ended up with some pretty cool trades out of the others.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Actually, any and all of my semi-autos that I sold. I only kept wheelguns, and now I wish I had kept at least one of my CZ's.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    For a time, I viewed my guns as an alternative bank account. Occasionally life happened, and I've had to sell a few; not many that I miss specifically, as it was early in my "gun life" but I miss them all when I see what they're selling for these days!

Top Bottom