• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    you guys go ahead and keep running around like John Wayne, making us all look bad and giving up your elemental surprise.

i'm gonna keep it concealed like my permit says

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What! It's threads like this, especially at this point in the progression, where sarcasm is more prevalent than anything else.

He's CCing his sarcasm!!!

That way he maintains the element of surprise. Plus, he can't have it stolen by nearby 5YO girls.

Pohaku

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    In the middle
    Excellent post OP! Very concise and very thorough. I am new to the whole "carry" issue as I have never been fully aware of how the benefits truly outweigh the hindrances. Well this has changed and I'm finally in the process of getting my permit to carry. I have always assumed that I would conceal carry based on the desire to draw as little negative attention to myself as possible when I go out. Although I am intrigued by your arguments for open carry I ultimately feel that the cons would outweigh the pluses in my sphere. We've all seen the open carry videos posted on You Tube where citizens are confronted by law enforcement and a chess game of will ensues. Of course most of these encounters and confrontations are the sole purpose of said individuals, to either make a point or shamefully, for personal publicity, and the carry is oftentimes an assault or long rifle. Personally I think if you go out looking for confrontation you will often find it and well, misunderstandings and accidents as well. I'm not sure the risk outweighs the rewards here and although my carry would just be a handgun the last thing I want when I go out is to be stopped, harassed, misunderstood and possibly injured at every junction just because of ignorance and paranoia. Yes it's my constitutional right to open carry with a permit but is it really worth all the hassle?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Yes it's my constitutional right to open carry with a permit but is it really worth all the hassle?

:dunno: Constitution doesn't require you to have permission by the fed or state. It is your "state" granted permission to open carry "with a permit".

Oh and :welcome:

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Excellent post OP! Very concise and very thorough. I am new to the whole "carry" issue as I have never been fully aware of how the benefits truly outweigh the hindrances. Well this has changed and I'm finally in the process of getting my permit to carry. I have always assumed that I would conceal carry based on the desire to draw as little negative attention to myself as possible when I go out. Although I am intrigued by your arguments for open carry I ultimately feel that the cons would outweigh the pluses in my sphere. We've all seen the open carry videos posted on You Tube where citizens are confronted by law enforcement and a chess game of will ensues. Of course most of these encounters and confrontations are the sole purpose of said individuals, to either make a point or shamefully, for personal publicity, and the carry is oftentimes an assault or long rifle. Personally I think if you go out looking for confrontation you will often find it and well, misunderstandings and accidents as well. I'm not sure the risk outweighs the rewards here and although my carry would just be a handgun the last thing I want when I go out is to be stopped, harassed, misunderstood and possibly injured at every junction just because of ignorance and paranoia. Yes it's my constitutional right to open carry with a permit but is it really worth all the hassle?

Suck up!:p

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yes it's my constitutional right to open carry with a permit but is it really worth all the hassle?

Congrats on reading the OP. OC or CC depends a lot on the type of personality you have. If you are not a very outgoing and engaging type of person obviously OC may not be for you but if you love engaging in discussions about laws and educating people OC might be a great way to do so.

But OC is bad, the cops don't want you to do it, and you will get shot a lot.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

It's not for pussies, that's for sure.

Top Bottom