• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But it is us, old nerds, that aren't into even more apps and paying cbs for a tv show that would give a new ST series a chance.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Orville wasn't... bad. Wasn't awesome, either.

Most definitely NOT a Babylon 5 type quality, and their graphics started out on souped up home computers! And the writing/acting combination will never equal that of Firefly, so any comparison in that direction just isn't fair.

I'd say the next few episodes will show its true merits...or lack thereof. I'll wait and see how good, bad, or ugly it gets.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I watched it. Boring, but it did have a good surprise ending. If I am desperate, as in nothing else better to do, I will watch it again. Or I could let it play while I clean my guns.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    OK, I had to sit back, ruminate a bit and read through an old book.
    I wonder, has anyone here read The Omega Conspiracy published by the Welsh theologian Thomas in 1986?
    He made the statement that with all that Hollywood "has churned out an avalanche of movies majoring on obscenity, vulgarity, sodomy, voyeurism, tranvestity, beastiality..." that Hollywood had then yet to portray the ultimate, that of having carnal relations with extraterrestrial beings. The kick off for that tv show pretty much filled the bill. Such has been so normalized that a space opera for kids is started that way, not that the "programming" is by any means fully accomplished.
    Any how, where we were, where we've been and where we're going is of interest to me so I look at it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I enjoyed the first episode, but then I was expecting to.
    I've been a life-long Trekkie, thanks dad.

I do hope this series has legs. I'm a fan of most of Seth MacFarlane's work.
    Looking forward to the series.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK, I had to sit back, ruminate a bit and read through an old book.
    I wonder, has anyone here read The Omega Conspiracy published by the Welsh theologian Thomas in 1986?
    He made the statement that with all that Hollywood "has churned out an avalanche of movies majoring on obscenity, vulgarity, sodomy, voyeurism, tranvestity, beastiality..." that Hollywood had then yet to portray the ultimate, that of having carnal relations with extraterrestrial beings. The kick off for that tv show pretty much filled the bill. Such has been so normalized that a space opera for kids is started that way, not that the "programming" is by any means fully accomplished.
    Any how, where we were, where we've been and where we're going is of interest to me so I look at it.

Wait, didn't Captain Kirk do the nasty with some green chick in the original Star Trek series? Or was he just "tempted"?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, now I'm disappointed in all of you.

Spock- half human, half Vulcan. Do the math.

Counselor Troi- half Betazoid, half human. Figure it out.

...and we all know Kirk and Riker tapped everything vaguely female regardless of species.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Finally got around to watching it on DVR...liked it.

At basic level, it is a lighter, mildly edgier version of various Trek series. It is, however, free of 'cannon' and has a few twists. I also like the ship design relative to Trek ships.

I'll keep watching, it beats most other scripted shows on TV these days...

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I enjoyed it, but you have to come at it from the perspective of "Galaxy Quest" not "Star Trek", and recognize that Seth McFarlane is the guy behind it. It is DEFINITELY not meant to be serious.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

...and we all know Kirk and Riker tapped everything vaguely female regardless of species.

It's times like this I regret not continuing my education. Well said HoughMade.
    IF I would have said this I would have at least got an infraction for language. Yea, nothing was safe around Kirk and Ryker. Talk about a pack of dogs....

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Kinda lost interest with marital infidelity being the grease at the start of the show. Called it on his new officer being his ex and walked away. Well, actually I have a gut bug and had to go back to the bathroom but I did walk rather than run.

They gave the punch line to that one in the trailers.

beat me to it. Lots of half-breeds of many species. one of the TNG episodes DID put out an explanation of everyone being generally the same shape and genetically compatible: most of the quadrant had DNA seeded or at least tweaked by an ancient race seeing what would pop up.

For the truly inquisitive: Hybrid | Memory Alpha | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Top Bottom