• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Obama's plans for 2014? Is he going to resign!? Who knows, maybe people will become disgusted enough with him that Rand Paul will be POTUS in 2016

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    that is incredibly short-sighted and dangerous. simple suppositions for an incredibly complex matter. very apathetic. 'we're screwed either way, why bother getting out of bed'

while you have a valid point in that NRA is enjoying huge contributions right now, they're also BUSTING their asses to get the message across. Stand and Fight anyone? have you EVER remembered a time when NRA advertisements penetrated every medium? no. you had to go LOOK for them.

the goal of progressives (communists) isn't to MAKE money, its to make NO money. as in, get rid of it. as well as liberty, free will, choice, etc.

Get right would ya? If there were no more guns in this country, there would be no Brady campaign to prevent gun violence / The Joyce Foundation/FSA/etc. If there were no gun restrictions, there would be no NRA/GOA/NAGR/CCRKBA/ etc. All of these organizations are suupported/fueled by money. (like it or not) Neither side is doing it for the sake of nobility. So IMO, apparently a very apathetic one:dunno:?, if the huge sums of cash weren't driving this war machine, we would not even be having this discussion.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I sure wish more people would of joined the Ron Paul program. He was all for less gov, bringing our troops home, etc. Hopefully we as a republic can survive the dictator in office

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but both parties are on the same side. Like it or not, it's true. They are playing each other against the middle(us, we the people) Think about the gun control idea. No party wants guns to go away, and no party wants an unlimited amount of available guns. They both get way to much money from the anti-gun lobby and the gun lobby. It is just a way to make money. Plain and simple. If there were no guns, no "Brady campaign" and if no gun restrictions, "No NRA" Neither side wants this, why? Because there is too much money at stake, all being paid for by "We the people"

that is incredibly short-sighted and dangerous. simple suppositions for an incredibly complex matter. very apathetic. 'we're screwed either way, why bother getting out of bed'

while you have a valid point in that NRA is enjoying huge contributions right now, they're also BUSTING their asses to get the message across. Stand and Fight anyone? have you EVER remembered a time when NRA advertisements penetrated every medium? no. you had to go LOOK for them.

the goal of progressives (communists) isn't to MAKE money, its to make NO money. as in, get rid of it. as well as liberty, free will, choice, etc.

I have to disagree with your take on longbarrel's statement. Where does he state that it is essentially pointless to do anything? I believe the point he was trying to convey was whether they have an"R" or a "D" by their name, they are still the same coin.

The super majority of politicians on Capitol Hill WANT you to believe they are playing a game of football, where it's an "us" vs"them", "R" vs "D", "Conservative" vs "Progressive" and they do everything they can to maintain and promote that illusion. The effects of which can easily be demonstrated right here in this thread. The notion that all Republicans will be kinder to our 2nd Amendment rights while all Democrats will hinder said rights,or that all Republicans are Conservatives and all Democrats are for Social and Economic Equality; these concepts are drilled into our heads by the media and I am HORRIFIED every time I hear or read someone else spout them off as factual and absolute.

Despite what the talking heads on TV would have you believe, both major parties are that way because I know the game, play the game, and manipulate the game. A decent chunk of the Republican party will continue to tell you that we need to keep our greater than Cold War military spending to defend against terrorists (not economically conservative). A decent chunk of the Democratic party will talk about the need to maintain urban poverty programs (not social equality, you won't find the same resources in rural America as you will find in Chicago).

What I'm trying to get at is this. If the majority of the voting populace of this nation continue to believe it's a choice between an "R" or a"D" with no other options, then it doesn't make much difference which they vote for, the final outcome will be pretty close to the same. Consider these questions, honestly and as objectivelyas possible:

-Do you truly believe this farce of a gun debate would NOT be happening if Romney had won?

-Have you NOT seen a member of the Republican Party vote FOR a bill that would hinder our 2A rights?

-Have you NOT seen a member of the Democrat Party vote AGAINST a bill that would hinder our 2A rights?

The division in our perceptions of what each of these 2 parties are for and against is absolutely manufactured and generally false. No one side can or will be allowed to win their debate, because then the gladiator fights would end and we would have to look outside of the arena at the crumbling Rome around us. Just look at these "fiscal cliffs", intentionally created and crafted to reoccur as often as possible so we can continue fighting and debating amongst ourselves. This sequester is supposed to amount to approximately $85 billion in federal spending cuts and the federal government is still projected to spend more this year than in 2012.

The only way to get things turned around is to stop voting based on party affiliation and start voting on the individuals and their records. There are some Democrats that can help our cause, there are some Republicans that can help our cause, there are even some members of other parties or independents that can help our cause. There are also plenty of members in all those parties that can hurt our cause.

Just my :twocents:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I agree totally. These next two years Obama will spend trying to win the House in 2014. The guy is still campaigning and will continue to do so for the next two years.
    You are correct! Sequester was the O'sters big idea two years ago. He now blames the Republicans for its actual implementation. You will see this technique over and over again for the next two years. Remember "Tell a lie often enough and it eventually will be believed" and becomes the truth. The bigger the lie the better. A large percentage of the population will believe the lies and how do you counter that?:dunno:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I have to disagree with your take on longbarrel's statement. Where does he state that it is essentially pointless to do anything? I believe the point he was trying to convey was whether they have an"R" or a "D" by their name, they are still the same coin.

The super majority of politicians on Capitol Hill WANT you to believe they are playing a game of football, where it's an "us" vs"them", "R" vs "D", "Conservative" vs "Progressive" and they do everything they can to maintain and promote that illusion. The effects of which can easily be demonstrated right here in this thread. The notion that all Republicans will be kinder to our 2nd Amendment rights while all Democrats will hinder said rights,or that all Republicans are Conservatives and all Democrats are for Social and Economic Equality; these concepts are drilled into our heads by the media and I am HORRIFIED every time I hear or read someone else spout them off as factual and absolute.

Despite what the talking heads on TV would have you believe, both major parties are that way because I know the game, play the game, and manipulate the game. A decent chunk of the Republican party will continue to tell you that we need to keep our greater than Cold War military spending to defend against terrorists (not economically conservative). A decent chunk of the Democratic party will talk about the need to maintain urban poverty programs (not social equality, you won't find the same resources in rural America as you will find in Chicago).

What I'm trying to get at is this. If the majority of the voting populace of this nation continue to believe it's a choice between an "R" or a"D" with no other options, then it doesn't make much difference which they vote for, the final outcome will be pretty close to the same. Consider these questions, honestly and as objectivelyas possible:

-Do you truly believe this farce of a gun debate would NOT be happening if Romney had won?

-Have you NOT seen a member of the Republican Party vote FOR a bill that would hinder our 2A rights?

-Have you NOT seen a member of the Democrat Party vote AGAINST a bill that would hinder our 2A rights?

The division in our perceptions of what each of these 2 parties are for and against is absolutely manufactured and generally false. No one side can or will be allowed to win their debate, because then the gladiator fights would end and we would have to look outside of the arena at the crumbling Rome around us. Just look at these "fiscal cliffs", intentionally created and crafted to reoccur as often as possible so we can continue fighting and debating amongst ourselves. This sequester is supposed to amount to approximately $85 billion in federal spending cuts and the federal government is still projected to spend more this year than in 2012.

The only way to get things turned around is to stop voting based on party affiliation and start voting on the individuals and their records. There are some Democrats that can help our cause, there are some Republicans that can help our cause, there are even some members of other parties or independents that can help our cause. There are also plenty of members in all those parties that can hurt our cause.

Just my :twocents:

fair points indeed. while voting along party lines is indeed dangerous - IE, just look at how McCain and Graham have turned this week - if the independents, libertarians, other third parties, if they don't gain traction, SOON, and HARD, it'll be back to R and D party. it does however go back to my point of apathy, if you didn't even BOTHER coming out, you've ZERO right to *****. period.

on the gun control matter, its simply the 800 pound gorilla in the room. its just the start. we can all agree its the only right that guarantee the rest of them.
    I really have a hard time believing NRA lines their profits from gun companies. look at the companies that refuse to sell to the gun-ban states. small potatoes. you won't see Colt or Glock signing on with them, and for good reason - if they entirely cut off civvy sales it wouldn't even make a DENT compared to their Fed, Mil, and LEO sales.

if the NRA lobby profits from gun makers, it would be the civvy manufacturers (IE Taurus, whatever) which enjoy mostly civ sales.

so, in summary, it comes down to 'us vs them.' I truly believe that certain companies and lobbyists are for 'us.'
    If I were wrong, the NRA would fold under the MASSIVE PRESSURE companies like Glock or Colt could put on them.

Georgia A Hines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I am going to say this; do with it what you may.
    The jews were denied gun ownership so they could be gathered in groves and no way to defend their lives!
    I am of the opinion that Obama was elected way before the election. He is not what President means, so we are w/o presidential leadership. IMO he is a puppet being driven by his ego and a group to bring about as much destruction to this country as they can. If his second term had not came about then this would have ceased for awhile.
    He is not here to protect this country, he is helping to destroy.
    The United States was not attacked on our own soils from other countries because we have been allowed the essentials to maintain our freedom. AND we are brave enough to stand for our rights. That is true Americans!
    He has put little to NO effort in controlling gangs and substance infiltrating our country. What ever the percentage ( statistics if any) is a lot of killings and crime by the use of guns. Taking guns away is not going to stop anything except our protection. He is of no use at all.
    We will have what we need (armed, discipline, sufficient ammo to keep our freedom!
    All those that cannot think for themselves and the safety of their families will have a rude awakening someday, the rest of us are more creative in how we can protect us and ours. We may lose sometimes but it will nt be for the lack of fighting. May God bless America and bring about someone real soon that looks to God for directions. IN GOD WE TRUST

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    fair points indeed. while voting along party lines is indeed dangerous - IE, just look at how McCain and Graham have turned this week - if the independents, libertarians, other third parties, if they don't gain traction, SOON, and HARD, it'll be back to R and D party. it does however go back to my point of apathy, if you didn't even BOTHER coming out, you've ZERO right to *****. period.

on the gun control matter, its simply the 800 pound gorilla in the room. its just the start. we can all agree its the only right that guarantee the rest of them.
    I really have a hard time believing NRA lines their profits from gun companies. look at the companies that refuse to sell to the gun-ban states. small potatoes. you won't see Colt or Glock signing on with them, and for good reason - if they entirely cut off civvy sales it wouldn't even make a DENT compared to their Fed, Mil, and LEO sales.

if the NRA lobby profits from gun makers, it would be the civvy manufacturers (IE Taurus, whatever) which enjoy mostly civ sales.

so, in summary, it comes down to 'us vs them.' I truly believe that certain companies and lobbyists are for 'us.'
    If I were wrong, the NRA would fold under the MASSIVE PRESSURE companies like Glock or Colt could put on them.

Have you happened to look at some of the people on their board of directors?? Just curious? Might be worth checking out.:dunno:

Top Bottom