• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    So lately as I've been building and enhancing my collection I've decided that my revolver game needed to be stepped up a little bit, While browsing my local shop here I managed to find my almost dream revolver. Granted it's newer production, and the barrel is about 2 inches too short, but in the end for about $1100 out the door I finally picked up my first Python. Growing up my father's collection consisted of pythons, diamondbacks, and several other Colt's. However when he started teaching me to shoot revolvers the Diamondback became training tool early on. (He still has it and I still shoot it constantly to this day). Anyway, Here's my current favorite Colt that I own. Now I just need to talk my dad out of his older 4 inch model to go with it.

Attachments

• Python Logo.jpeg
      Python Logo.jpeg
      395.9 KB · Views: 93

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Congratulations, I am always glad to see someone be able to get what he really likes.

In the 70's, A 6" Python and a Gold cup were two things you were proud to have in your Pachmyer bullseye pistol box. A Unertl spotting scope on the bracket was the icing on the cake. That set up was way difficult to afford, but once you got it, you were proud.

I don't have the Python or the Gold Cup anymore, I don't even have the pistol box or the spotting scope, but I am glad I had a chance to enjoy them at that time in my life.

I hope you really enjoy yours.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Beautiful revolver. I have been tempted many times by the new 3" Python. Maybe one of these days. I grew up with S&W's which I still use today. Have owned probably a wheelbarrow full over the years. Did play with some Rugers here and there. But I have never owned a Colt revolver. Nothing intentional it just never happened. Maybe I need to fix that?

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    nice wheelgun man!

I got my first revolver on here when I joined, and that started the collection. S&W is enough to learn about, I haven’t even tried learning Colts yet. What confuses me is some are <$1000, while some are near $3000 for what seems like the same gun. Same kinda goes for Smith but it seems more apparent what’s different and why the price varies. With Colt they have more collector peculiarities that I am ignorant to.

One thing that is consistent is their aesthetics. A work of art!

Top Bottom