• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustJohnKB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Whiteland
    For "bad" decisions, it could of gone a lot worse. But on a side note, not looking forward to my own to surprise me with there own "bad" decisions

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My 18 year old came in with a tat I looked at it then looked at him and told if he could afford a tat he could afford rent!! $50.00 bucks a week! no more tats! :)

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Nice ink, but at 19 and still in the home (I am assuming he isn't in school) time for a rent check!

at least he didn't get it on his neck or face!

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Yep my daughter is counting down the days. I'm in a hurry to get her out to college or her mind on something else. Nonetheless the reality of the matter really makes me cringe.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    definitely well done, but I'm in the "if you can afford a tattoo, you can afford rent" camp.

Just because they can make their own decisions doesn't mean they're gonna like the results of that decision. Law of unintended consequences, Son.:):

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I must be missing the point of this thread. What's the issue? Could he have not done this if he weren't living at home?

He's living at home and not paying rent? That's crazy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son got a fem in his recent years. He is 31 now and capable of making his own decisions but one of the tats shows on his neck....:dunno:
    I have a few but they can be well hidden with a simple T-shirt. Never understood the neck thing.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    my daughters both have multiple tats, both where they can be covered for professional reasons. Oldest got her first one when she lived at home, I didn't care. School and work and I wasn't supporting her other than a roof. youngest got hers once she was out on her own.
    Whether we like it or not, they are adults at some point. we may disapprove of things they do, but we can't stop them. Raise them with the right tools to make wise decisions on their own. How they use those tools when they are an adult is up to them. We just hope they use them wisely.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    my daughters both have multiple tats, both where they can be covered for professional reasons. Oldest got her first one when she lived at home, I didn't care. School and work and I wasn't supporting her other than a roof. youngest got hers once she was out on her own.
    Whether we like it or not, they are adults at some point. we may disapprove of things they do, but we can't stop them. Raise them with the right tools to make wise decisions on their own. How they use those tools when they are an adult is up to them. We just hope they use them wisely.

I started getting tats at 40 yrs. old. My kids grew up around people sporting art. Now that I think about it, all of my kids have some kind of tattoo. It is the new thing with them.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was late 20's cm. DO I wish they had waited? absolutely. They have a meaning behind each piece they have though. A grandpa that died, their little brother and they bond the 3 children have, etc, etc. Nothing was on a whim.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I have 2 "adult" aged kids living at home. They both know that there is no age that allows them to ignore the rules of the house. That being said, I would not be a good parent if I still treated them like children.

Top Bottom