• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think he spoke truth, they both have positives and negatives, that's pretty much par for the course. I think they should hit where you aim, granted you do your part. Maybe I will do a test on my wife's M&P 9 and write down the results. Sounds fun.

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    I own both a G19 and and M&P Shield 9mm and love them both for different purposes. if i am really worried about concealment the Shield is what i go with but if im wearing a coat and concealing is not a problem I go with the G19. as far as range shooting the G19 is way more comfortable because of its size. But for the smaller frame of the Shield it is surprisingly comfortable

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive had both. I like the M&P feels very good in the hand an functioned perfect. But I own a Glock now I hit what I aim at with the Glock, I cant say the same about the M&P. Not sure what it was but Im a far more accurate shot with my Glock.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I think that it's mostly personal preference. Although I prefer Glock's myself, I can't argue with the M&P line though. It is a good quality and well designed product.

I helped a friend buy a like new M&P 9 compact for a really good deal. I guess the newer M&P production (this was a 2013 sample) is better than the old. I say that because the trigger on this gun is stock and was pretty darn nice. I can't complain about the accuracy either.

My friend` has rarely shot long guns and only shot a handgun once in his life. I took him to the range this last Saturday and I started helping him with safety, grip, trigger control & sights. After about 30 minutes of instruction, he was shooting the center x ring out of the target at 15 yards. I was very impressed and proud of him. That was with slow fire and the time for him to focus on fundamentals. When he sped up, he started going all over. But for a new shooter, he was doing great in my opinion. I had to keep reminding him "slow is smooth...then smooth will be fast".

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That's the first video I've ever watched of Kyle Lamb, thought it was good overall. The several 9mm M&Ps that I've owned seemed just as accurate as any of my Glocks, but admittedly never compared them beyond 15yds, so maybe that is where the difference starts to show up like others have mentioned. In regards to shootability I find the sub compact Glocks to be easier for me to shoot for long periods compared to the compact or full size Glocks. Really considering trading off my G17 and picking up a M&P40 fullsize, but haven't committed yet. Last outing with the G17 it was the only one of my handguns that I shot consistently left of POA (which all compact/full size Glocks have done this for me). I analyzed this the other night and concluded it was due to the grip design/ergonomics of the compact & fullsize Glock and my inability to get proper finger placement on the trigger and causing me to push the trigger to the left while squeezing it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I've got an M&P 9 and my son has a G 19.

We used to trade back and forth a bit when we'd shoot, but now we mostly stick to our own guns. He prefers the ergonomics of the M&P over his and I like the Glock trigger over mine.

The holes in his target always seem to be clustered much closer to the center than mine, but that has nothing to do with the guns.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I would match his hi tech VTECH M&P with my low tech Glock-23 2nd gen any day.

Mi bet my life and my families lives on it

nuff said, personal opinion

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    4487CZ_Motivator_zps092eeee4.jpg

Top Bottom