• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The closer we get to the Olympics the worse the prognosis seems to be getting. With massive crime rates, a history of corruption, drug trafficking, ransom, and human trafficking, the 2016 Olympics in Rio are poised to be incredibly problematic.

I'll just dump a few articles here for your reading pleasure:

Unsanitary living conditions: 'Rio's filth' spoiling 2016 Summer Olympics - Business Insider

Mutilated corpses at Olympic competition sites: Body parts wash ashore next to Rio Olympic venue | Daily Mail Online

Construction delays: Rio Olympics venues far from complete with just 5 weeks to go | Daily Mail Online

Open warfare in the streets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Lx0qpbz_Y

^Fun fact on above, skip to 15:10 to see a Madsen light machinegun still in action.

Athletes pulling out: Rio Olympics 2016: Jason Day and Shane Lowry pull out over Zika fears - BBC Sport

Even the governor doesn't think it's going to turn out well: News from The Associated Press

Locals warning tourists: https://twitter.com/Cecillia/status/746856851673841664

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ap_18127982389.jpg

Looks like a party beach!!!! :rockwoot:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    In one of the bright spots, I read the new subway system will be finished in time. :)

The fly in the ointment is that it will be finished only four or five days before the Olympics start. Plenty of time for ironing out the glitches before opening day!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    In one of the bright spots, I read the new subway system will be finished in time. :)

The fly in the ointment is that it will be finished only four or five days before the Olympics start. Plenty of time for ironing out the glitches before opening day!

Measure twice, cut once. What could possibly go wrong with a brand new subway system?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You didn't even touch on any of the doping or gender issues regarding the athletes. Russia was flat out banned from the olympics due to some James Bond ****. State sponsored doping, KGB, etc... it was strait out of an action movie.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Attending the Olympics is not a cheap vacation. Those that can afford it will likely have some pretty high expectations of their accommodations and how they like to be served. I think many spectators will be in for a rude surprise when they are paying top dollar money and getting a third world experience.

I can't imagine what the corporate sponsors will be spending to host some private events.

Sadly all the money spent will not lift the country/continent out of second/third world status and the people that should benefit from it will only suffer and never see a dime of benefit.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    BogWalker wrote: "The closer we get to the Olympics the worse the prognosis seems to be getting. With massive crime rates, a history of corruption, drug trafficking, ransom, and human trafficking, the 2016 Olympics in Rio are poised to be incredibly problematic."

And that's just with the IOC! Rio itself will have its own challenges, to boot!

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    You didn't even touch on any of the doping or gender issues regarding the athletes. Russia was flat out banned from the olympics due to some James Bond ****. State sponsored doping, KGB, etc... it was strait out of an action movie.

I thought the Russian athletes were just Jennering? You know, identifying and ****.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I went to Brazil a few years back to review a company for future business.
    Flew into San Paulo.
    Words cannot describe flying over the city and seeing all the slums, they just go on for miles and miles.
    It wasn't so bad once you got out of the city, but the trick is getting out of the city.
    We were right in the middle between San Paulo and Rio.
    I asked our host about what Rio was like one nite at dinner.
    He asked if I had flown over San Paulo.
    I said yes and he said imagine that with lots of hills, and add more filth. :n00b:
    He said they stay as far away from Rio as possible.
    They didn't want to lose their life.

Top Bottom