GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I were them I'd shrug it off and openly carry on my business and allow any employee who wants to carry as well.

I would too. I bet I could get some of my armed friends to come hang out as well. But I heard this guy being interviewed and he just wants to mind his own business and be left alone. He sounds like a nice person that's not into statement making business.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a judgement call. In a free country you would have a right to refuse sevice for any reason--even religious ones.

I have refused to work for people just because I did not like them. Religion or gender Bias never entered into it.
    I have installed systems for openly gay men.....I mean "Openly" cross dressing men wanting to be female. They never bothered me in an uncomfortable way and I went about my work.

Now, I have told a few A$$ hats to go **** themselves over the years. That should always be a choice we can make with no reprisal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have refused to work for people just because I did not like them. Religion or gender Bias never entered into it.
    I have installed systems for openly gay men.....I mean "Openly" cross dressing men wanting to be female. They never bothered me in an uncomfortable way and I went about my work.

Now, I have told a few A$$ hats to go **** themselves over the years. That should always be a choice we can make with no reprisal.

At least reprisal from the government. People ought to be able to complain as they leave your shop or as you walk away from their project. They ought to be tell their friends how you treated them. They get to be little whining *****es, if they want to. But when they go threatening to burn your business down or harm your family, I will not stand with that. And I will condemn them for it.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    You shouldn't refuse because they are Muslim, you should refuse because it is in bad taste. If the WBC came in and asked you to make the same thing would you make it? The religious part is irrelevant, it's the taste. And not the sugary kind.

It has absolutely nothing to do with bad taste.
    IT'S WRONG!! Wouldn't matter what religion or sexual persuasion they chose. If I choose to believe that it stands in stark enough contrast to my values then I should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
    Its funny how folks that want the gov't to force others to do things think its great until the gov't starts forcing them to do things they don't wanna do.
    I guarantee you won't like the taste of it.
    This is picking up steam and it won't be long before you see things from a different perspective.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If Crystal O'Conner is only 16, that needs to be more widely publicized. There have been some pretty hateful remarks about her appearance being made. That's cyber bullying, and we are told it's unacceptable. Hold the left to their own standards.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The rest of the country is cyber-bullying all of Indiana...but apparently it's only bullying if it fits a specific agenda. Besides, its so much fun for the coastal elites to slap flyover country.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If I were them I'd shrug it off and openly carry on my business and allow any employee who wants to carry as well.

I would too. I bet I could get some of my armed friends to come hang out as well. But I heard this guy being interviewed and he just wants to mind his own business and be left alone. He sounds like a nice person that's not into statement making business.

That's probably not a bad call. I would guess that 99% of the hater-spewers are also major cowards.

It's the 1% you have to be concerned about, however.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The forces of progress are surging forward.

Up from $410 to $435 with a mighty $25 donation.

Support Indiana Youth Group by Boycott MemoriesPizza - GoFundMe

I must say, they are quite impressive in their zeal and dedication (especially when it comes to spending their OWN money).

Do these people have any money. Do many of them work.
    I am retired and have no time to carry signs and stop traffic.
    All mouth and no A$$.....typical Bravo Sierra from a bunch of loud mouths that will cut and run when the tide turns.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    The Indiana amendment prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide goods, services, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or U.S. military service.
    The measure exempts churches and affiliated schools, along with nonprofit religious organizations.
    House Speaker Brian Bosma said the law sends a "very strong statement" that the state will not tolerate discrimination.
    Business leaders, many of whom had opposed the law or canceled travel to the state because of it, called the amendment a good first step but said more work needs to be done. Gay-rights groups noted that Indiana's civil-rights law still does not include LGBT people as a protected class.

the gutted bill "is a good first step" but now we need civil rights law to designate LGBTFRSKLNCR-BDMNIEW
    as a protected class

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Indiana amendment prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide goods, services, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or U.S. military service.
    The measure exempts churches and affiliated schools, along with nonprofit religious organizations.
    House Speaker Brian Bosma said the law sends a "very strong statement" that the state will not tolerate discrimination.
    Business leaders, many of whom had opposed the law or canceled travel to the state because of it, called the amendment a good first step but said more work needs to be done. Gay-rights groups noted that Indiana's civil-rights law still does not include LGBT people as a protected class.

the gutted bill "is a good first step" but now we need civil rights law to designate LGBTFRSKLNCR-BDMNIEW
    as a protected class

It also bars discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or U.S. military service.

Logic is hard.

If you list the things that you can't discriminate against, anything not on the list is subject to discrimination.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    $740,595

That's three quarters of a million dollars!

I would drop catering all together. Hello, pickup or delivery?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are petitions to take the fundraiser down, and people are contacting the IRS to report Lawrence B Jones for... I dunno, facilitating a charity drive? Who knows with these idiots

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Looks like in Dearborn, Michigan bakeries are not given much grief over this...I wonder why???

[video=youtube;RgWIhYAtan4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4[/video]

I can't wait to get home tonight and see the Media really taking these folks on like they did the other businesses.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom