• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So, I am coming at this as someone who is not really literate in Sig Sauer, but does own a couple of 365's now.

I have handled a Sig X-Compact 320 in LGS. I understand it to be a subcompact slide, with an X grip compact module that is a bit different than the other "compact" grip modules, and it has a flat trigger, along with the slide being cut for optics (though it seems you lose the rear sight when placing an optic).

Have I got that about right?

Now that said, should/can one pick up a sub compact 320 (not sure how readily available they are... i do see lots of used 320 Compacts for reasonable prices), and X-Compact grip module and the flat trigger and do this for less (not sure what sights generally come on the regular sub compact?) if one isn't going to jump out and do optics right away?

Or is it truly better to just buy the Sig X-Compact (or possibly wait for prices to drop on these... again, not sure if price dropping is something one can expect with newer Sig models)?

I like this thing, but I'm very invested in some other platforms, so just thinking about giving this gun a try, and all the subsequent costs that may come if I jump in (holsters, mags, etc).

And again, this is the X-Compact (not the RX, not the carry, etc) that I am interested in.

Last edited:

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    So, I am coming at this as someone who is not really literate in Sig Sauer, but does own a couple of 365's now.

I have handled a Sig X-Compact 320 in LGS. I understand it to be a subcompact slide, with an X grip compact module that is a bit different than the other "compact" grip modules, and it has a flat trigger, along with the slide being cut for optics (though it seems you lose the rear sight when placing an optic).

Now that said, should/can one pick up a sub compact 320 (not sure how readily available they are... i do see lots of used 320 Compacts for reasonable prices), and X-Compact grip module and the flat trigger and do this for less (not sure what sights generally come on the regular sub compact?) if one isn't going to jump out and do optics right away?

Or is it truly better to just buy the Sig X-Compact (or possibly wait for prices to drop on these... again, not sure if price dropping is something one can expect with newer Sig models)?

I like this thing, but I'm very invested in some other platforms, so just thinking about giving this gun a try, and all the subsequent costs that may come if I jump in (holsters, mags, etc).

And again, this is the X-Compact (not the RX, not the carry, etc) that I am interested in.

I'm not sure about the answer to your question - if taking a subcompact, adding straight trigger and xcompact - is any more inexpensive than simply purchasing an xcompact.

However, I went this route only because I already had the subcompact. And like you, I had no intention of adding an optic.

Of course, I now have a subcompact grip module (actually 2, because I had both railed and non-railed modules) and 10 round magazines I'll probably never use.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

The X-Compact has the standard carry/compact slide dimensions (diff sight set up though) and the 'x' compact grip module not sub compact.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I went through quite the evolution of polymer handguns as i really wanted to give IDPA a try. Owned and sold a 9mm 4.25" M&P Pro that after a Apex trigger upgrade that didn't help to improve the M&P's inconsistent accuracy. Not that the accuracy was that aweful it was just it wasn't very good with 4-5" 5 shot groups at 20 yards.

Before I bought a second I figured I should if at all possible actually shoot any handgun I might buy prior to purchase. Thnkfully a gun store opened not to far from me that charged an hourly rate to rent and shoot handguns and you could shoot as many different HG's as you could per hour.

I chose 9mm for economical reasons. I shot the new S&W M&P Compact 2.0, the H&K VP9, PPQ M2, Glock 19 and the Sig P320 Compact. In the end the Sig won as I shot it the best with the least amount of effort and as I'm at best an average HG shooter the least amount of skill.

I have to say after 2000+ rounds from every possible manufacturer of 9mm ammo in all weights from 115 to 147 grains I can not be happier. Yes I did send it in for the voluntary trigger upgrade that if anything made the already great trigger ever so slightly better. My P320 Compact is 100% factory stock.

The ONLY reason I don't own more P320's is my sons are hunting with me now and are in need of their own deer and turkey guns and I don't have unlimited funds.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I went through quite the evolution of polymer handguns as i really wanted to give IDPA a try. Owned and sold a 9mm 4.25" M&P Pro that after a Apex trigger upgrade that didn't help to improve the M&P's inconsistent accuracy. Not that the accuracy was that aweful it was just it wasn't very good with 4-5" 5 shot groups at 20 yards.

Before I bought a second I figured I should if at all possible actually shoot any handgun I might buy prior to purchase. Thnkfully a gun store opened not to far from me that charged an hourly rate to rent and shoot handguns and you could shoot as many different HG's as you could per hour.

I chose 9mm for economical reasons. I shot the new S&W M&P Compact 2.0, the H&K VP9, PPQ M2, Glock 19 and the Sig P320 Compact. In the end the Sig won as I shot it the best with the least amount of effort and as I'm at best an average HG shooter the least amount of skill.

I have to say after 2000+ rounds from every possible manufacturer of 9mm ammo in all weights from 115 to 147 grains I can not be happier. Yes I did send it in for the voluntary trigger upgrade that if anything made the already great trigger ever so slightly better. My P320 Compact is 100% factory stock.

The ONLY reason I don't own more P320's is my sons are hunting with me now and are in need of their own deer and turkey guns and I don't have unlimited funds.
    Nothing wrong with putting family first. Or I'd own a lot more guns and Sigs myself. Have a couple already on my wish list but bills and family

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The X-Compact has the standard carry/compact slide dimensions (diff sight set up though) and the 'x' compact grip module not sub compact.

According to this the X-Compact has a 3.6" barrel, while it appears to me that the standard compact has a 3.9" barrel (?), so I don't see how the X-Compact has the standard carry/compact slide dimensions, unless I am missing something?

And I believe I indicated I would need to swap out the grip module for the X-Compact module.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    According to this the X-Compact has a 3.6" barrel, while it appears to me that the standard compact has a 3.9" barrel (?), so I don't see how the X-Compact has the standard carry/compact slide dimensions, unless I am missing something?

And I believe I indicated I would need to swap out the grip module for the X-Compact module.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html

Yes, you're right, I had carry on the brain sorry. If you're patient you can usually find deals on these, I just saw the other day where there were some for around 570.00, might be better than trying to cobble one together.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, you're right, I had carry on the brain sorry. If you're patient you can usually find deals on these, I just saw the other day where there were some for around 570.00, might be better than trying to cobble one together.

Cool, if you don't mind me asking where was that at? I generally try and watch for a good buy on things, and check out my usual spots (grab a gun, some local shops, etc), as well as watch hit the Reddit GunDeals sometimes and gun.deals.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Went shooting this weekend, trying to get more rounds through my M11-a1 since that SRT trigger is still not feeling great. Ended up shooting my P228 mostly because I was competing with friends and the M11A1 was frustrating me. Probably going to start looking at what to switch out to smooth it. First Sig trigger I haven't enjoyed.

Top Bottom