• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Need to bring this one back to the top...

Picked up a new P365 today to go with my P320 X5 Legion I got in July.

I hope the 365 is as reliable as the Legion. Over 3000 rounds through the Legion, mostly in competition without the first hiccup.

Looking forward to to putting some rounds through the 365 tomorrow!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well i did it, or should i say opps i did it again!

working for a gun shop every saturday, i'd always look at the distributor websites for a certain sig, and dammit they never had one, one day i stopped by after i got of of the main job, and the owner happened to be on the phone with a distributor, and i yelled out do you have this sig i want, i hear tapping on a keyboard, then the response "no, do you want me to put it on back order?' the owner looks at me rolls his eyes and says "yes, but call me before you ship it"

meanwhile i keep looking at palmetto state armory, and they have it in stock...DAMMIT!!!!, i hate buying online, one day all the lgs's will be gone because of online sales... i talk to the owner and tell him "i know were going out of business, i'd rather buy thr gun from you, that way you get the profit, not some online giant...but i dont know if any distributors will get any before you close" he said it doesnt matter to me...

so on saturday, while at work at a gunshop, i went online, placed my order and...soon i'll be the owner of a sig sauer p320 x5 legion!!!:)

yesterday, I talked to a friend who's got a crap ton of red dot sights, and I asked him if he had a deltapoint pro I could look at (don't want to drop 450 bucks on one if I don't like it) a minuet later he hand me a trijicon rmr box, I pop it open and inside is a dpp with the 7moa triangle (the exact one I wanted to see!) he said take it home try it out...so now ive got a sight...but no sig!...to quote tom petty "the waiting is the hardest part!"

but i'll have it ready for our next steel challenge match!

this will make 3 p320's for me, one compact 320 I carry, one built as a open class with a comp and a sig Romeo 1 and a 3moa dot with an x5 frame, and now the legion!!!!

am as antsy as a virgin on prom night!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    well i did it, or should i say opps i did it again!

working for a gun shop every saturday, i'd always look at the distributor websites for a certain sig, and dammit they never had one, one day i stopped by after i got of of the main job, and the owner happened to be on the phone with a distributor, and i yelled out do you have this sig i want, i hear tapping on a keyboard, then the response "no, do you want me to put it on back order?' the owner looks at me rolls his eyes and says "yes, but call me before you ship it"

meanwhile i keep looking at palmetto state armory, and they have it in stock...DAMMIT!!!!, i hate buying online, one day all the lgs's will be gone because of online sales... i talk to the owner and tell him "i know were going out of business, i'd rather buy thr gun from you, that way you get the profit, not some online giant...but i dont know if any distributors will get any before you close" he said it doesnt matter to me...

so on saturday, while at work at a gunshop, i went online, placed my order and...soon i'll be the owner of a sig sauer p320 x5 legion!!!:)

yesterday, I talked to a friend who's got a crap ton of red dot sights, and I asked him if he had a deltapoint pro I could look at (don't want to drop 450 bucks on one if I don't like it) a minuet later he hand me a trijicon rmr box, I pop it open and inside is a dpp with the 7moa triangle (the exact one I wanted to see!) he said take it home try it out...so now ive got a sight...but no sig!...to quote tom petty "the waiting is the hardest part!"

but i'll have it ready for our next steel challenge match!

this will make 3 p320's for me, one compact 320 I carry, one built as a open class with a comp and a sig Romeo 1 and a 3moa dot with an x5 frame, and now the legion!!!!

am as antsy as a virgin on prom night!

Sorry to hear about the lgs. But congrats!

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Replaced my old carry Shield with a 365XL, so far I’m really liking it and the extra capacity, even shoot it better than the Shield I’ve had for years.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    ...even shoot it better than the Shield I’ve had for years.

That is how I switched from the Watlther PPS M2 to the P365: a buddy brought over his P365, and on the first magazine I shot it better than I shot the PPS I'd had for years.

It took me 4 days to get the PPS sold and replaced with a P365.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’m patiently waiting in hopes of someone putting the XL on classifieds. I’d love the extra rounds over my shield.

In the mean while do you think it would be worth it to try a sub compact grip for the 320?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I’m patiently waiting in hopes of someone putting the XL on classifieds. I’d love the extra rounds over my shield.

In the mean while do you think it would be worth it to try a sub compact grip for the 320?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have a 320sc. It is a pretty small little pistol for easy carrying.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Which grip frame did it have? Mine is the small which doesn't have the rail on it. I have never noticed it being overly nose heavy.

I dont remember for certain. It might have been because I was comparing it to my p320c med. Frame which has been my EDC since 2016

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    b0d1296bce21a3db5edb1b61b2f84b5c.jpg

I should have kept this, even with my astigmatism

I ended up selling the slide and optic, and now I have the grip module without a full size slide. I’ve been looking for a full size without any luck. Im planning to just purchase either the xcompact or x carry grip module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i picked up my x5 legion yesterday...or should i say i barely picked up my x5 legion yesterday...holy sh*t is it heavy!!!

but first impressions
    the gun has a little heft to it
    trigger is much better than a stock 320
    the gun is weighty
    the fiber optic front sight is pretty small, but is very bright and easy to pick up
    the gun is kinda heavy
    i dont know if i like the cut out on the barrel (visible loaded chamber indicator), i probably wont mind it if i dont add a optic to it (a friend is letting me borrow a deltapoint pro (the 7moa dot), i talked to someone at the indiana state steel match yesterday and he was running a standard x5 upper (not a legion) on a legion lower because he said the port allows carbon and unburnt powder to build up on the lens.

did i mention that the gun is heavy?, compared to my 320 compacts, its like night and day, like rosie odonnel to calista flockhart, like fat oprah to skinny oprah!

now off to buy a holster for it!!!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    i picked up my x5 legion yesterday...or should i say i barely picked up my x5 legion yesterday...holy sh*t is it heavy!!!

but first impressions
    the gun has a little heft to it
    trigger is much better than a stock 320
    the gun is weighty
    the fiber optic front sight is pretty small, but is very bright and easy to pick up
    the gun is kinda heavy
    i dont know if i like the cut out on the barrel (visible loaded chamber indicator), i probably wont mind it if i dont add a optic to it (a friend is letting me borrow a deltapoint pro (the 7moa dot), i talked to someone at the indiana state steel match yesterday and he was running a standard x5 upper (not a legion) on a legion lower because he said the port allows carbon and unburnt powder to build up on the lens.

did i mention that the gun is heavy?, compared to my 320 compacts, its like night and day, like rosie odonnel to calista flockhart, like fat oprah to skinny oprah!

now off to buy a holster for it!!!
    I figured it was heavy since they said it had a tungsten infused grip.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I figured it was heavy since they said it had a tungsten infused grip.
    My 320 compact is 1.71 pounds empty
    my 320 open class gun is 1.135 empty
    my 320 x5 legion is 2.84 empty
    View attachment 80297
    All 3 laying next to each other
    how the open class is less than the compact is beyond me! It’s got a comp and sight on it but that’s what 2 different scales say

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I also have the X5 Legion, and love it. I have the "regular" X5 with a SSI Tungsten grip, so I am already used to the extra weight, so that did not shock me too much. I can say that the Legion's extra weight is better distributed than the SSI grip and feels much better balanced in my hands.

Top Bottom