• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Got to fondle a Sig 365 SAS. Stands for Sig AntiSnag. No sights, just a trillium green dot flush with the rear of the slide, inset with fiber(?)optic bars beside it. Not priced yet at the shop but I've never saw anything like it. But then, they don't let me out very often.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the sights on the 365 sas are made (imported) by mako group https://www.themakogroup.com/ftbullseye.html

and i'm not sure how I feel about them, I guess id have to spend some trigger time with them before I bought one, it just looks like too much of a chance to be off to one side or the other!

my 320x5 legion "swag" came yesterday, a challenge coin, a gray 511 tactical carrying case and a 511 tactical hat, I knew I was getting the case and coin, but didn't know about the hat, it was just a 511 hat, not a legion hat but still it wasn't expected (the hat has a 511 logo on the front, a small strip of Velcro on the top, and back, but no button on the top to get in the way of earpro which is kinda cool)

now the huge difference was the carrying case! the case for 226 legion was semi hard shell, had a cutout for the challenge coin, a knife and 2 mags, is kinda big and bulky without a carrying handle and is sitting in a closet unused! (except for holding the challenge coin)

the 320 bag (made by 511 tactical) is smaller less bulky, has elastic straps for 5 mags, soft side, no cutout for the challenge coin, has a carrying handle, and quite honestly is something i'd use!, hopefully sig transitions the whole legion line to this carrying case inho its 100% better than the molded black case!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    That kind of sight has been around a few years. Usually the further away the sights, the more accurate. Granted that pistol is for close distance and not pin point shooting so should be fine for what it's built for.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Along with a couple of other guns, I took the P320sc to the range yesterday. I carried it back in the day then moved on.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Need some help identifying this SIG (this is my first Sig btw). I just acquired this in an unusual trade (don't ask me what I traded) and tried calling Sig customer service for more info but they're closed for the day.

I'm assuming that its a P229 Enhanced Elite. From serial its made 2012. Beaver Tail, Night sights and SRT - Short Reset Trigger. DA / SA

It has a chamber load indicator and a mag safety.

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Brought a couple Sigs to the range Saturday. Everything ran great except my M11-a1. Disappointed. No jams, but that trigger was putting shots all over. My two other Sigs made me look like I knew what I was doing, but I've had better shotgun patterns. Couldn't even say if the sights were off because one shot would be high, low and left, right, left, high, super low, etc. Glad I had out more than one. Heck, even my PPK grouped better.

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Need some help identifying this SIG (this is my first Sig btw). I just acquired this in an unusual trade (don't ask me what I traded) and tried calling Sig customer service for more info but they're closed for the day.

I'm assuming that its a P229 Enhanced Elite. From serial its made 2012. Beaver Tail, Night sights and SRT - Short Reset Trigger. DA / SA

It has a chamber load indicator and a mag safety.

Looks like a CA compliant 229 Enhanced Elite to me.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Looks like a CA compliant 229 Enhanced Elite to me.

It’s exactly that. I was able to reach Sig customer service and they let me know the specific model. 2012 P229 Enhanced Elite CA Compliant.

I’m working on undoing the California compliant madness. I removed the mag safety last week and bought a used 9mm slide assembly without the stupid chamber indicator. Higher cap 9mm mags are also on the way from Midway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Picked up a 225 recently. First sig I’ve had in a while and first one that feels really good to me. Only put a couple rounds thru it this weekend due to weather. Hoping to shoot more this week and point blank. It feels great in hand. Maybe there is room in safe for two brands of metal hammer fired View attachment 80999

SpydieSig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 26, 2019
    Lafayette
    Of course the only 1911 Im interested in from SIG gets discontinued. The world hates me. Every time I find skmething to love I am the minority and it gets discontinued. Last time it was Designated Survivor. Now its the 1911 Select.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm not disappointed in them discontinuing so many guns, i'd rather they make fewer but higher quality guns then 100 different variations.
    If that was going to happen, I would agree, but I think they are just thinning out the commercial lines because the .mil contract is taking up so much of their capacity. I could be wrong, but that is my thinking.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well I picked up sig number 10 today, a p365 xl (unless you count the 2 pistol uppers I put together, that’d make 12)

oh its (365) damn nice!!!

Top Bottom