• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    He's still sitting at about 9% in national polls, guys. I'd rather have him than Romney or Gingrich, but at this point it looks like they'll have to be dead before RP will rise in the polls. Too many people, including me, have serious problems with his foreign policy.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I mean a temporary slowing of our trip toward demise. His campaign has gotten people to discuss bringing troops home, ending foreign aid, doing something about the Fed, etc. I apologize if I wasn't clear. I don't believe he's anything more than a man who has served the nation for decades, trying to get people to see that we're heading for icebergs.

And what exactly has Rep Paul done to bring the Troops Home?!
    If he was serious about that all he has do is submit Legislation to Repeal S. J. Res 23 or H. J. Res 114. He has far more Power to do this as a Member of the House than he would ever have as the POTUS.

How about Foreign Aid?!
    Or Shrinking the Fed?!

I do not consider merely voting against as a positive measure from someone who has been there for what 30 years...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Really?!

He has tried what 3 times already and has yet to make it...
    Sounds pretty truthful to me... :dunno:

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy well enough, but he's not going to win the nomination.
    And if he gets the bright idea of running third party, all he is going to do is split the base and ensure victory for big O.

jimmy_ftwayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy well enough, but he's not going to win the nomination.
    And if he gets the bright idea of running third party, all he is going to do is split the base and ensure victory for big O.
    If RP doesn't win the nomination, I'm voting for O. How's that for splitting the base?

Better to have the wolf than the wolf in sheep's clothing. It'll keep all the Fox News grandmas awake.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    If Ron Paul does not run I am seriously considering not voting...

That's where I'm at right now. If he does run, voting for him or any independent will take votes away from the republican nominee creating a spoiler situation.

For some of us it will come down to voting for the best candidate to oust Obama or vote our conscience. Are we willing to take a risk on someone like Newt just to replace the current president or just say the hell with it all ?

That's difficult for me to do but the system is so deeply broken it would take Ron Paul to at least begin the fixing process to restore the Constitution.

We are still a young nation and it's not too late just yet. :patriot:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    But leave it to somebody to take a joke seriously and feel like it had to be argued. :rolleyes: Sheesh.

I'm telling you, we need a color. Purple for sarcasm, blue for jokes? Or is that only appropriate for dirty jokes. (Blue. Get it?) Green?

If someone (anyone/everyone) appears to pee on everybody else's Cheerios enough times, eventually nobody will be sure just what's a joke. Text works like that. It's inherently dry. Unless it's based upon Monty Python or Mel Brooks it pretty easily gets lost. (And I'm sure there are many who don't get "It's good to be the king", or "nudge, nudge, wink, wink".)

Just trying to be helpful. (Neither blue nor purple. Not even green.)

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Really..... really..... You HAVE to be kidding. Exactly how has one man "stalled" our nation's demise?

By standing as an example of support for what the Constitution actually says? You can't tell me his policy suggestions haven't been leaking into the debates. Many consider him the source of most of what's good about the Tea Party. Who else has spoken up for the things he has?

I understand everyone's belief in RP, and for alot of what he stands for, but come on here. He is NOT the second coming for Christ's sake.:n00b:

He's not even the second breathing-hard, but he's still the best choice.

Theslab1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ron Paul

Ron Paul would be good for America but I don't think most of the country or world is honestly ready for the things Paul talks about. His ideas would shake up too many folks. Nearly impossible to pass the types of legislation needed to support the ideas Paul speaks of.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    That's where I'm at right now. If he does run, voting for him or any independent will take votes away from the republican nominee creating a spoiler situation.

For some of us it will come down to voting for the best candidate to oust Obama or vote our conscience. Are we willing to take a risk on someone like Newt just to replace the current president or just say the hell with it all ?

That's difficult for me to do but the system is so deeply broken it would take Ron Paul to at least begin the fixing process to restore the Constitution.

We are still a young nation and it's not too late just yet. :patriot:

If Ron Paul ends up running as an independent he will still get my vote.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    He's still sitting at about 9% in national polls, guys. I'd rather have him than Romney or Gingrich, but at this point it looks like they'll have to be dead before RP will rise in the polls. Too many people, including me, have serious problems with his foreign policy.

He is sitting there, or lower in national polls. He is in the mid to upper teens in both Iowa and New Hampshire, two important states. Each time one of the "not Romneys" has had a spike, Paul seems to get a bit of a bump in those states.

Why would this matter?

As the first contests in the nation, the folks in IA and NH are going to be much more focused on the race than folks who vote in May.

Furthermore, as successful as the establishment has been about bouncing out the non-Romneys, Newt following the spike pattern would put Ron in as next in line right about the end of December to beginning of January (check out the graph at RealClearPolitics...interesting cycle, to say the least).

Is Paul a longshot? Absolutely. Is it impossible for him to win the nomination? Not in the slightest, IF he can come up with at least 3rd in one of those states and at least 2nd in the other. This *should* garner him a bit more attention and would damn sure energize the die hards to go [STRIKE]annoy[/STRIKE] try to inform more people about him.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to ride in on his white unicorn (with a rainbow mane, of course), but I sure as hell won't count him out before a single vote is cast.

Out of curiosity, if he pulls off the "impossible" and gets the R nod, will his foreign policy cause you to vote for O or stay home? You know you want to answer...it's all about hypotheticals at this point ;)

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And what exactly has Rep Paul done to bring the Troops Home?!
    If he was serious about that all he has do is submit Legislation to Repeal S. J. Res 23 or H. J. Res 114. He has far more Power to do this as a Member of the House than he would ever have as the POTUS.

How about Foreign Aid?!
    Or Shrinking the Fed?!

I do not consider merely voting against as a positive measure from someone who has been there for what 30 years...

He's a large part of the reason that the Federal Reserve & foreign aid even get discussed now. The troops give him more financial support than the other candidates. However, one voice among 435 isn't exactly powerful. He does propose legislation, such as Audit the Fed, but doesn't do it with regular-futility. I guess he may just not like pissing in the wind as much as you would prefer. :dunno:

Agreed.

If RP doesn't win the nomination, I'm voting for O. How's that for splitting the base?

Better to have the wolf than the wolf in sheep's clothing. It'll keep all the Fox News grandmas awake.

As I see it:
    Paul with likely semi-Hostile R® legislative majority > Obama with likely Hostile R® legislative majority > Rest of GOP Candidates with likely Friendly R® legislative majority.

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm telling you, we need a color. Purple for sarcasm, blue for jokes? Or is that only appropriate for dirty jokes. (Blue. Get it?) Green?

If someone (anyone/everyone) appears to pee on everybody else's Cheerios enough times, eventually nobody will be sure just what's a joke. Text works like that. It's inherently dry. Unless it's based upon Monty Python or Mel Brooks it pretty easily gets lost. (And I'm sure there are many who don't get "It's good to be the king", or "nudge, nudge, wink, wink".)

Just trying to be helpful. (Neither blue nor purple. Not even green.)

I've updated my signature to include your wonderful ideas. Dross, go ahead & ignore it ;)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I take it as an absolute insult to think that if I weren't to vote for RP that I owe my vote to the Republican Party. That's such a croc of BS and show just how little people understand the difference between the two. I'm not trying to pick on your specifically, just the idea that you're proposing.

Lets look at the Republican party over the 8 "W" years and see what happened. Two wars, one of which shouldn't have been started and neither one should have lasted half as long as it has. Look at the spending and deficits, look at the birth of the TEA party back when TARP (bailout) was pushed through. Have all those government departments gotten bigger or smaller in their time? Honestly and without bias look at what they got done when they were in charge and ask yourself if you're proud of it. I'm not, and I'm ashamed that I've blindly pushed the "R" straight card button too many times. Please don't take that as an endorsement for Obama either. If anything we've gotten the same results, just in a lot quicker timeframe. Obama jacked up this country just as much as "W" did, but in half the time. Look at how the "D's" behaved when they had control of all 3 branches. There's nothing to be proud of there either.

Just the idea of voting for either of those parties establishments "favorite son" just makes my stomach cringe. We haven't even met the real Romney yet. He plays to the crowd with whatever is popular that day and once he's in office, he gets to write his own ticket so who really knows what he's going to do. Romney is nothing more than a puppet. Support bailouts when someone with an "R" by their name does it but not when someone with a "D" by their name does it is just more DC BS. Newt's got enough skeletons in his closet that he could be disqualified immediately just from an ethical & moral standpoint. I think Newt has an incredible base of knowledge, but I don't think he has the moral character to deliver anything other than the same old BS we've seen in DC. For example when he's chastising the president for an affair while having one himself. Is that the guy you want as your leader? I don't.

I will vote for Ron Paul no matter what because he has a consistent record of following the constitution and laws of the land. He's not a war monger, and he's actually proposed real cuts to the budget AND size of government.

Take an honest look at the options out and tell me why on earth you consider voting for the other "R" candidates. I'm disgusted with them and if the country doesn't have good sense to elect a man like Ron Paul then as far as I'm concerned we deserve what's coming.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Like I said, I like him enough. If he were to win the nomination, great!

If he ran as a third party he would pull votes from the republican candidate and ensure 4 more years of Obama. And I'm not saying I'm going to blindly vote for whoever wins the R nomination, hell I'd like Paul to get it. I dont see how he (nor anyone else) has a chance of winning as a third party candidate.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom