Not open for further replies.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What she said.

Thanks.. :) Yeah, it appears my avatar isn't very helpful. (people look at it the same way they read the FAQ..hehe) I guess if my name were Spasma then it might sound like a girls name. :)

The nick given to me back in the late 80s/early 90s was originally "Spasmo Hobbin". I had a lot of friends that were/are J. R. R. Tolkien fans.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks.. :) Yeah, it appears my avatar isn't very helpful. (people look at it the same way they read the FAQ..hehe) I guess if my name were Spasma then it might sound like a girls name. :)

The nick given to me back in the late 80s/early 90s was originally "Spasmo Hobbin". I had a lot of friends that were/are J. R. R. Tolkien fans.

I've read it before, lol, I just saw it enough times not to trouble reading it anymore and forgot what it said. Spasmo Hobbin.....catchy, big LOTR fan myself.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    If the price of gas goes up anymore, I'm gonna get me a sleigh team made up of "walkers" how cool would that be?? :laugh:
    Yeah. You could chain Carl up in front to lead the walkers since he seems really good at that. Of course there would be no way to control him.
    I've read it before, lol, I just saw it enough times not to trouble reading it anymore and forgot what it said. Spasmo Hobbin.....catchy, big LOTR fan myself.

Wasn't that Strider who saved Andrea? I was waiting for the hood to drop and reveal Viggo Morgenson. :laugh:

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Has anyone on the show (not the comic) used the word "zombie"? I've heard "walker", "swimmer", several other terms, but it looks as though the writers are purposely avoiding saying "zombie".

Or maybe that's the whole point ??

Kirkman said in an interview that he intentionally tries to stay away from the Zed word because in the universe that The Walking Dead happens in, there is no such thing as Zombies, not even in fiction. They don't have the concept. This allows them to get away from the kind of meta nonsense you see in Shaun of the Dead, for example, and allows him to have the characters behave slightly differently than if they were familiar with zombies in fiction.

He's screwed up a time or two in the comics, and it's slipped in, I think, but that's the Word of God on the issue.

Zombies - Walking Dead Wiki

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Think about all of the bad things that can happen to you at the hands of other convicts in a prison.

Then think about how much worse it would be if a zombie convict is doing it to you.

Not a good situation.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Since Zombies and prison have been brought up. Lets play what do you do and why.

Question, You run a Max security prison. The Zombie thing starts to unfold.

Do you A, let all the prisons out and off the prison property?
    Or do you B, say screw them and look every prisoner in his cell and walk away?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i wait til the prison is surrounded by walkers...then arm all prisoners with shanks, bats, clubs etc....tell them if they can survive theyre free to go....then place bets

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Since Zombies and prison have been brought up. Lets play what do you do and why.

Question, You run a Max security prison. The Zombie thing starts to unfold.

Do you A, let all the prisons out and off the prison property?
    Or do you B, say screw them and look every prisoner in his cell and walk away?

C Lock em all in and send in a cell to cell extermination team, then secure the building and use it as a fortress.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    i wait til the prison is surrounded by walkers...then arm all prisoners with shanks, bats, clubs etc....tell them if they can survive theyre free to go....then place bets

I kinda agree. The worst offenders get sent out the gates and told if they make it they're free. The lesser, non violent offenders get offered the choice of leaving or staying and becoming a security force and foraging team. I'm sure the Warden and guards would know who to kick out.

Of course, that's all providing that the warden and guards want to stay. I'd be heading home to take care of my family first if I were a guard. The heck with the prison.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Found this. Awesomeness for the Walking Dead fans.

the-tuesday-dar-37.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Even the best of friends picture is great and to the point.

But this one, posted earlier is hard to beat.

dnewe0.jpg

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    So, I just saw The Walking Dead is getting a video game. Looks like it is $25 on Stream. An add popped up while I was waiting on a file for Left4Dead2 to download. I couldn't find a webpage for it, so I just copied it from the stream client:

ETA: looking at reviews, it seems to be a lot like the show in regards to the soap opera stuff. Also a Single Player. However, it seems like it will be interesting how they create landmarks from the show in a video game type environment.

IGN review: http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1223562p1.html

About the Game

Gain access to the full season [5 episodes] of The Walking Dead by purchasing the Season Pass, which will act as your gateway to obtaining all of the episodes in a dark and emotional season where every decision and action can result in the entire story of the game changing around you.
    Episode 1 is available immediately upon purchasing the full season with the remaining episodes being delivered monthly thereafter. Updates will automatically be downloaded and applied via the Steam client, which will allow new episodes to appear in the in-game menu.
    The Walking Dead is a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.
    A continuing story of adventure horror spanning across 5 episodes:

• Episode 1 – A New Day - Available Now!
    • Episode 2 – Starved for Help
    • Episode 3 – Long Road Ahead
    • Episode 4 – Around Every Corner
    • Episode 5 – No Time Left
    Key Features:

• Based on Robert Kirkman’s Eisner-Award winning comic book series, The Walking Dead allows gamers to experience the true horror of the zombie apocalypse
    • A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.
    • Experience events, meet people and visit locations that foreshadow the story of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes
    • Meet Glenn before he heads to Atlanta, explore Hershel’s farm before Rick and his group of survivors arrive and before the barn becomes a notorious location in Walking Dead lore
    • You’ll be forced to make decisions that are not only difficult, but that will require you to make an almost immediate choice. There’s no time to ponder when the undead are pounding the door down!
    • An Adventure Horror game of 5 monthly episodes. Features meaningful decision-making, exploration, problem solving and a constant fight for survival in a world overrun by the undead
    • Artwork inspired by the original comic books

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Part of Episode One is available for download for free as a demo on PS3. It is a "point and click" type of game with real-time action sequences. It was fun and I'll probably get it. It's 19.99 on the Playstation Network.

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    I thought this show got cancelled but they just switched the times it shows. Not a big fan but my BF is so I watch it. I will have to let him know when it is on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom