• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Some years back Mike Vanderboegh, liberty activist, blogger and militia supporter wrote a piece of fiction called the Window Wars, in which a disgusted people pulled out the Sons of Liberty methods and broke the windows of their political overseers and enemies.
    A day or two ago Mike, disgusted with the upcoming ramming of the health industry takeover, issued a call to action for his readers. Here. So, what's happened?
    Seems like someone threw a brick through Representative Slaughter's office window. Oddly enough it may well have happened before Mike wrote his piece. Coincidence? Or like minded civil disturbing? Well, bricks are better than the high velocity alternative. (I'm not posting any of Mike pieces here, since the mods could well consider them to be "inciteful" rather than insightful. Go to the provided links if you wish to read them).

via Buffalo News

NIAGARA FALLS — The "Slaughter Solution" on health care isn't the only thing that has come under attack in U.S. Rep. Louise M. Slaughter's world this week. Sometime early this morning, someone threw a brick through the front window of her Pine Avenue office.
    The damage was discovered about 12:30 a.m., city police said.
    The brick put a hole in the outer-most window at the office at 1910 Pine Ave., but did not damage a second interior window, police reported. A piece of broken brick believed to have caused the damage was found at the scene.
    Damage was estimated at $350.
    Slaughter, D-Fairport, is head of the House Rules Committee, which will structure the debate on health care reform votes set for this weekend.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Wish I could condemn such violence, but I cannot in good conscience do so. Her "solution" is a deliberate attack on our Constitution, and our way of life. She is a traitor.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Like yourself, I cannot find it in me to condemn it, or any subsequent acts in that fashion. Nor do I endorse it, but I'd rather see that than the alternative. These people keep pushing and pushing and folks can only only be pushed so far before they take the decision to push back.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i believe these are just the pre-cursor to events that will be in our coming days. i'm not in-citing anything. vigilant acts of discontent leading to destruction will become more noted as the American people continue to have to carry the load of a tyrannical government. simple acts like throwing bricks and such will become more aggressive in the future and i feel we will start to see these political firgures fall under major scrutiny. i don't condone these acts but i'm cautious to support them. this may be the only way for the PEOPLE to begin to have their voices heard, unfortunately!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    These actions will start to happen more and more. We have seen the following over the past year or so:
    #1: A lot of police officers being snipped at, and in some cases, killed. This has happened in Ohio, Alaska, and Pacific Northwest recently.
    #2: People showing up armed at political protests.
    #3: The town hall meetings where things got heated, and in some cases violent.
    #4: Just this month, riots at a handful of universities where police were attacked and property damaged.

Things are only looking worse. Half the country wants to control the other half, and the loser, whatever side they are on politically, will only get more and more :xmad: about them not getting _their_ way.

The thing is, Indiana's own property tax protests show that most Americans will only react to a negative. They either don't believe the issue at hand will cause a negative, and it is only _after_ that they get upset, or they don't pay attention and when they get harmed, they get upset.

Remember all the G7 and other financial meetings where kids used to show up and riot, destroying property and such? I knew eventually those world leaders and elites would fear that they weren't safe and would hold their meetings somewhere more safer. They recently held one of their meetings in, get this, Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada. So now these world leaders have had to flee to dinky cities in the middle of nowhere to escape rioting mobs of angry people.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like New York is leading the pack, so far.

From the Democrat and Chronicle

A brick was thrown through the glass doors of the Monroe County Democratic Committee’s headquarters, the first such act of vandalism at the office, Chairman Joseph Morelle said today.
    There was no note attached to the brick, Morelle said. The committee’s headquarters is located on University Avenue near Culver Road.
    Morelle, also a state assemblyman, has supported mayoral control of the city school district , an unpopular position among some Democrats.
    The Niagara Falls office of Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Fairport, was subjected to a similar attack on Friday.
    Slaughter is a strong proponent of health care reform efforts in Congress.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    An update on the Rochester story shows that a note was attached to the brick.
    From the NY Daily News

Morelle said someone threw a brick through the double glass doors at the HQ, shattering one of them and spider-webbing the other.
    The weapon: A brick, to which a piece of paper bearing the message "Extremism is defense of liberty is no vice" was attached with a rubber band.
    That's a Barry Goldwater quote. The rest of it goes as follows: "The moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." He said it at the 1964 National GOP Convention (actually, according to Wikipedia, the line is attributable to Goldwater's speechwriter, Karl Hess).
    Morelle said the brick was thrown sometime late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. It is being linked to an Alabama-based blogger, who encouraged his readers to "Break their windows. Break them now.”
    “Yet, if we do a thorough job of breaking Democrat windows, I am sure that the GOP will profit from the example,” the blog reads. “So, if you wish to send a message that Pelosi and her party cannot fail to hear, break their windows.”​
    Pictures of the offending brick at the source.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Found another one. This time in Kansas. Doesn't really seem to be gaining momentum. Guess people aren't as upset as they let on.

From KAKE

March 22, 2010
    Sedgwick County Democratic Party officials said their office was vandalized over the weekend, during the height of the debate over a health care reform bill.
    In a statement, the Democrats said a brick with "anti-Obama rhetoric" was thrown through the window of its office at 1064 N. Waco either late Friday night or early Saturday.
    No one was in the office at the time and nothing was stolen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I do not advocate violence or property damage, but that said, I think I know how I would vote if I were on a jury for someone being prosecuted for one of these crimes.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's one a little closer to home.
    From Cincinnati.com

PLEASANT RIDGE – Someone reportedly threw a fist-sized rock through the front window of the Hamilton County Democratic Party headquarters Sunday night after Congress passed the landmark health insurance overhaul.

Caleb Faux, the party’s executive director, finds it hard to believe the incident wasn’t related to the legislation’s passing.
    “I have to assume that it did,” Faux said. “We’ve been here for three years and we’ve never had an incident of that kind.”
    According to Faux, the rock didn’t shatter the window, which is made of heavy plate glass. It did, however, make a hole the size of a half dollar coin and crack the glass.
    Faux estimates the window will cost several hundred dollars to replace. He had not yet filed a police report.
    Faux connected the rock-tossing with the provocative language associated with the healthcare bill.
    “There’s certainly room for political disagreement, but carrying it to that extent is highly inappropriate,” Faux said.
    “I don’t believe throwing rocks is an expression of free speech,” he added.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    This is a bit more than a brick through a window, and it is financial instead of political, but take a look at this:

Four German pensioners have been found guilty of kidnapping the financial adviser they blamed for US property investments that went awry.

The court found that the four, aged 61 to 80, abducted James Amburn and tried to force him to refund 2.5m euros (£2.25m; $3.4m) in lost investments.

They took him from his home in western Germany and drove him 450km (280 miles) to southern Bavaria.

He was freed after hiding a message to call police in a fax to his Swiss bank.

The defendants had argued that they had invited Mr Amburn for a short holiday in upper Bavaria.
    BBC News - German pensioners guilty of abducting financial adviser

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like someone hit a gop office in VA. This one was probably a rock thrower from the left, tho. Apparently, this office has been a target before.
    From Daily Progress.com
    Bricks were thrown through the windows of the Albemarle County GOP headquarters overnight in what appears to be the Charlottesville area’s latest act of politically fueled vandalism.
    County GOP Chairwoman Rachel Schoenewald arrived at the office in the Albemarle Square shopping center Friday morning to find two windows shattered and a third partially damaged.
    “Hopefully, everyone will conduct themselves as community members and that this violence does not escalate or continue,” she said.
    The county’s GOP headquarters also serves as the district office of Del. Rob Bell, R-Albemarle.
    Schoenewald declined to blame any particular group, but noted that people are angry on both sides of the political spectrum.
    “There are millions of people across the country,” she said. “Many of them are upset, one way or another. I hope this is the last of the violence.”
    Albemarle County police are investigating the incident. Police estimated the damage would cost roughly $1,000 to fix.
    More at the source

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    It would be nice to know how many brick throwers actually voted in the last election. Whether they're just upset and violent, trying to send a message, or keeping the stories on top of the news cycle, they're not doing us any good.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, there's been no storm of bricks, yet. Just drips and drabs. You can add Alaska to the tally now.

From Anchorage Daily News

Someone vandalized the Alaska Democratic Party headquarters over the weekend, breaking the front center window of the Midtown office, according to Anchorage police.
    A Democratic Party official, Dave Metheny, said he arrived at the office around 11:45 a.m. Sunday to catch up on work. When he discovered the cracked glass, he called police.

Top Bottom