The Worst Part About A Remington 700 Project......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Is that it makes you want to build a SECOND AND A THIRD!!!!!!

Here are pics of #2. It started life as a 26" SPS-V and is now a 18" threaded gun in a limited production McRees Precision Varmint Chassis (Only 20 a year made). It will wear a Thompson Machine Sixteen and will be camo when done. #3 is a trued and bluprinted .358 Hoosier that is being built by AJ Brown Arms, Co. I never new 700's would be so addicting!!!!

mcree1.jpg

mcree2.jpg

mcree3.jpg

mcree4.jpg

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I hate to be a cynic but that thing looks completely ridiculous.

Ya, sorry Corey. While Im sure its one helluva comfortable support system for that weapon, and Im sure extremely accurate, its kinda ugly. Maybe its just the silver color it has. Looking forward to seeing it in camo.

Oh, please dont take offense to this and take it out on my .22:D

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I know nothing about the Remington 700 (and very little exposure to guns in general), so I really am curious.. What part(s) of that gun was made by Remington? Is there anything original there?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I know nothing about the Remington 700 (and very little exposure to guns in general), so I really am curious.. What part(s) of that gun was made by Remington? Is there anything original there?

The receiver, barrel and the bolt will be factory Remington Model 700 SPS-V like this: remington 700 SPS Varmint

The bolt will have a Badger Ordnance tactical knob installed and may get fluted, the stock is a McRees Precision Varmint Chasis, the Trigger is a Timney flat, the base is Badger Ordnance 20MOA and the rings are Badger Ordnance.

I have ordered a Vortex Viper 4-16x44 Scope for it and it will be KG Gun Koted Flat Dark Earth as a base and then rattle can camo'd to meet the demand of the hunting situation.

.45kohnACP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    boonies of NWI
    lol, thanks! But they are not really made for looks.

I guess if McRees Precision Chassis are good enough for the US NSW DEVGRU then it should be good enough for me.

I didn't realize how bad that red. Sorry! I am a simple kinda guy so weapons like yours always baffle me a to a point, but the machine work looks good.

What are your plans for the rifle?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I didn't realize how bad that red. Sorry! I am a simple kinda guy so weapons like yours always baffle me a to a point, but the machine work looks good.

What are your plans for the rifle?

No worries, I thought it was funny. This will be a varmint gun and a demo/display gun for gun shows. It will look much different when it's not pimp shiny silver.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's, um, scary looking. Our benevolent overlords, er, caretakers will be obligated to take that from you.

Top Bottom