• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I don't think of myself as "old" yet but I am in my early 50s with no children and a waning interest. I still like guns and shooting, I just don't get to do so very often anymore. So I have started selling off the ignored, the duplicate and triplicate, etc. Got tired of folks saying they couldn't wait for my estate auction :lmfao: .asking

FWIW : I still have the CZ I bought from you in Eville years ago.

JasonCountry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I'm 28, my dad and his siblings are all getting around retirement age. I only know of one Uncle that was into guns and he doesn't have any kids. The rest of the siblings have 3 daughters among them. This thread has inspired me to reach out to them and at least let them know I have interest and of course willing to pay. My stimmy check came in today but since the current gun bans getting pushed will still permit family transfers with no background check I'd like to hold off on trying to acquire any from family right now. I've already restored/deep cleaned my fathers old .22lr.

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    I’m finding that I don’t need 12 deer rifles, but I’m torn as to what I should get rid of. I told my son they were his when I go, he replied that I should write down what I have and what they are worth. I’m slowly letting go, but it’s hard.

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Most circles I am and Old Timer. I'm 69. A few years ago I made a spread sheet and listed all my toys with approximate value and added a column of who I wanted some of them to go to should I pass first. There is another column for the "To Sell". Unfortunately the list is longer now than when I put it together.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Has anyone noticed this? I am surrounded by a plethora of pistols older people are giving up.

I have taken in 8 in the last two weeks, some just given to me.

Am I alone in this or is it a state wide phenomenon?
    Are you complaining???? I wish people would call me to take guns off their hands.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As I am nearing the "old" age of 70, I have trouble trying to figure out why "older people" are giving up. Many people know that I have been a long time collector, yet I have never been lucky enough to have someone walk up to me, hand me a firearm and say "Merry Christmas". And I will never give up.

So Mongo, what hypnosis do you used to get people to just give you their pistols? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have helped a couple of my wife's friend who had a gun for "just in case". Everytime i get excited and give them the works. The most recent, I bought the parts and a box of htp's to help her out.

That being said, mom and I have teamed up and bought dad an ar, mexican mauser (his granddad was issued one), an m9 and a single six. ... In my circles... it's the young buying guns for the old timers.

Top Bottom