They can turn in their guns if they want, but I'm keeping mine.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The story said that 3 out of 4 NFL players own guns and 7 have turned theirs in cause they don't trust themselves and there are 1,696 players in the NFL that means 1,272 kept their guns. Yep I see a news story there :n00b:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Are they turning in their booze and cars too? Man I'd like to score a Bentley with a trunk load of expensive guns and Crown Royal because some over paid pampered athlete can't control himself. Where are they turning them in, I need a road trip! ;)

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Are they turning in their booze and cars too? Man I'd like to score a Bentley with a trunk load of expensive guns and Crown Royal because some over paid pampered athlete can't control himself. Where are they turning them in, I need a road trip! ;)

No doubt! I call shotgun on your road trip. I'll drive back in your old car after you pick up the Bentley and we'll split the guns... ;)

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    One of them said he "didn't trust himself with his guns." Somebody says that, I don't trust him either. Probably seven less unsafe gun owners.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's a popular belief that professional athletes (especially NFL players) carry guns for their own protection. When there is an increase of players being assaulted by "Joe Blow," then I wonder who/what they will blame.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Who to blame??

It's a popular belief that professional athletes (especially NFL players) carry guns for their own protection. When there is an increase of players being assaulted by "Joe Blow," then I wonder who/what they will blame.

Heck Que--That's an easy one...They will blame George Bush....Bill.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I'm not going to downplay these guys. No one knows them better, than they themselves do. If they don't trust themselves, fine by me.:twocents:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've met several people who know their own weaknesses and told me they don't own a gun because they would end up doing something stupid with it. Good for them, is a shame more people can't honestly assess themselves and end up doing something stupid.

In the same vein, when I was younger, I never bought a sports bike. I stuck with touring and cruiser bikes. Why? I knew I didn't have the self control, when it came to motorycles, to not dip into the triple digits all the time just because I could. I knew I'd hurt or kill myself, in other words.

Maybe I should have gotten a news story. "Local man refuses to buy bike because he's too stupid to ride it safely".

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    These pro athletes are no different that anyone else......and they love to practice their 2A rights the same as you or I do. I hafta agree that people should know their own limitations, especially with discipline in confrontation. Some folks can't handle the responsibility of handling a firearm properly!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I don't know but something just does not seem right. Seven big football players decide to turn in their guns all at the same time. I bet their wives had something to do with it. They probably got together at their weekly man hater meeting and came up with the idea that they were going to make their husbands give up their guns, or probably get cut off. Those poor guys.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm glad the guys who don't trust themselves are turning them in. I appreciate their "honesty" (yeah right!), but they should have never purchased a firearm in the first place with such a low self-assessment. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the single piece they turned in was their entire collection?? Even it was, which it probably wasn't, with their money they can buy any piece they want as soon as their fragile emotions wane.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm glad the guys who don't trust themselves are turning them in. I appreciate their "honesty" (yeah right!), but they should have never purchased a firearm in the first place with such a low self-assessment. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the single piece they turned in was their entire collection?? Even it was, which it probably wasn't, with their money they can buy any piece they want as soon as their fragile emotions wane.

Sometimes people make mistakes and realize it later. Or some event changes the way they perceive things.

Not sure why all the cynicism in this thread, and I definitely don't get the portrayal as weak or fragile.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    I like that "bike" analogy I was the same way if I had a crotch rocket I'd be dead now. I had a vette and I know how crazy I got in that. But good for those NFL players that cant trust themselves I rather they didnt a firearm either

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I like that "bike" analogy I was the same way if I had a crotch rocket I'd be dead now. I had a vette and I know how crazy I got in that. But good for those NFL players that cant trust themselves I rather they didnt a firearm either

No one needs a bike that can go 120+ miles an hour! They all should have low-capacity fuel systems so that our children can safely play in the street!

Top Bottom