• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Would you care if Trump lied?

I would care - but that's a matter between him and the IRS. If they think he lied - then they will prosecute his ass. With regards to his taxes, they are the only authority that matters. He can say whatever he wants to the public and I don't care at all.

Render unto Caesar...

As others have said, lying about how much you made is the most boneheaded of ways to minimize your taxes. Most do not involve lying at all.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The IRS was the final entity that took down known gangster Al Capone. With Trump such a juicy target, I would think the IRS would have a field day if Trump did something wrong, but it seems obvious that all the Times has done was show that Trump has good tax lawyers and the IRS hasn't found a problem.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did the NYT actually publish the tax returns or did they just report on what’s in it? If they’re just reporting on it, everyone needs to chill. NYT has been caught lying before. I’m not just going to take someone’s word for it when they have a reason to lie.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Did the NYT actually publish the tax returns or did they just report on what’s in it? If they’re just reporting on it, everyone needs to chill. NYT has been caught lying before. I’m not just going to take someone’s word for it when they have a reason to lie.

From what Ihave seen, No, they did not. Say they are protecting their source. How convenient as always

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

From what Ihave seen, No, they did not. Say they are protecting their source. How convenient as always

THIS

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

The N. Y. Times surely has a copy of Trumps returns.

Adam Schiff has thousands of pages of proof that Trump colluded with the Russians.

And I have a hand-written note from Nancy Pelosi saying she's a space alien who enjoys drowning kittens.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Adam Schiff has thousands of pages of proof that Trump colluded with the Russians.

And I have a hand-written note from Nancy Pelosi saying she's a space alien who enjoys drowning kittens.

I believe the 3rd one

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

NYT better have it. Because with all this **** they’ve stirred, if it comes out that they just made it all up, they’re pretty much done. Well. Unless they change to tabloid news. They already have experience making **** up so it wouldn’t be a new skill they’d need to acquire.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Trump says they’re lying, and then he says it’s illegal to release the information. How does that work exactly?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

Have they "Actually" released anything factual.

I'm not sure they've "Actually" printed anything factual for quite a while.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump says they’re lying, and then he says it’s illegal to release the information. How does that work exactly?
    It’s likely they have it. It’s probable they’ll lie—I mean they have a revolution to win by any means necessary. And it’s a cash cow. Win/win. I don’t think it’s illegal for them to release it. I kinda don’t think they will, because they can make up all kinds of **** that could be much more interesting than the real thing.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    How is this even still a topic worthy of discussion?

Trump admitted during one of the 2016 debates that he hadn't had to pay taxes in a number of years. The NYT/Democrats claimed that his tax returns had evidence of A) Russian collusion B) a hush payment to Stormy Daniels. Now they claim to get a copy of his tax returns and all they have for a story is that he paid a paltry sum in taxes. You might call that a pretty good indication that they don't have diddly but if that is not enough there's always the fact that despite an ongoing and long running audit of Trump's tax returns, the IRS is yet to make any claims.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm still baffled how people are shocked that a real estate mogul billionaire would have paid as little tax as humanly possible, with countless mechanisms to game the system.

The only real question that matters is, does he have any personal liability to another nation as a result, or has he done anything illegal?
    Since he signed off all the business to his kids, I'm not so sure he would hold liability anymore. As for anything illegal, I'd think if that was the case, it'd be in every news headline by now.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

What if he prepaid his taxes? Perhaps he overpaid in years past and had applied such that his tax liability was only $750 or so...

Then saying he "only paid $750" may well be releasing true information while simultaneously and intentionally leaving a false impression...which we sometimes call a "lie".

Oh wait...perhaps it isn't a hypothetical.

https://www.newsmax.com/morris/refund-withheld-paychecks/2020/09/28/id/989227/

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What if he prepaid his taxes? Perhaps he overpaid in years past and had applied such that his tax liability was only $750 or so...

Then saying he "only paid $750" may well be releasing true information while simultaneously and intentionally leaving a false impression...which we sometimes call a "lie".

Oh wait...perhaps it isn't a hypothetical.

https://www.newsmax.com/morris/refund-withheld-paychecks/2020/09/28/id/989227/

All of these "smart informed people" haven't ever heard of estimated taxes...

Weird.

Top Bottom