• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    :noway: DAMNIT MAN !!! I was all fired up to post about another win for the good guys !

The pharmacist was wrong in this case when he went to finish the job , too bad he didn't get the guy with the gun . Hope he's ready for his state funded vacation .

Anyone remember the post about a week ago about the " Wont back down " situation ?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    He faces at least two big hurdles:

1. He told a story to the press that seems at odds with the camera footage.
    2. He stood over the guy and shot him in a way that does not make him appear to be in fear of his life.

Gonna be an uphill battle.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know OK law, however if the pharmacist saw the criminal still getting up, the criminal was still perceived as a threat. In the ten seconds from the criminals' entry to the one hotfooting it out the door, I doubt the pharmacist had time to consider the age of his attackers-nor should that matter. They entered with plans to take what was not theirs and were willing to hurt or kill to obtain it. At that point, I think all bets are off and the criminals have decided someone is getting hurt. It's up to the defenders to ensure that if there's to be a chalk outline drawn, it should be around the criminal.

Blessings,
    Bill

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I don't know OK law, however if the pharmacist saw the criminal still getting up, the criminal was still perceived as a threat. In the ten seconds from the criminals' entry to the one hotfooting it out the door, I doubt the pharmacist had time to consider the age of his attackers-nor should that matter. They entered with plans to take what was not theirs and were willing to hurt or kill to obtain it. At that point, I think all bets are off and the criminals have decided someone is getting hurt. It's up to the defenders to ensure that if there's to be a chalk outline drawn, it should be around the criminal.

Blessings,
    Bill

I understand and would make a sympathetic juror. But had he fired at the downed attacker from across the room or from any kind of cover it would appear very different from strolling over to the guy and putting 5 rounds into him from 2 feet off.

That is the appearance he will have to fight.

Now would I convict? Like I said, I would make a very sympathetic juror.

techres

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    If he was that close, he was close enough to put his foot on the kids arm and tell him to sit still until the cops/ambulance showed up.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    "I feel that a person has a right to defend themselves at their home or at their work. People deserve to be safe and not be afraid of people that want to take money when they don’t work for it.”

A ,F'n, men (Amen)...We shouldn't even be tried (In the court of law) for stuff like this. The punks was going to steal/kill whatever they wanted to do and this guy merely defended himself and his co-workers. Anyone who see otherwise needs to think about what the world is going to turn into if we don't start putting consequences to these criminals actions. Grow a set guys, deem people reliable for their actions and let them pay the price not us! :xmad::rolleyes:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield

Blessings,
    Bill

The kid was shot in the head. I really don't think he was getting up. To me it looked like he went to reload or grab something then walked back and put 5 more rounds through him. He should have just let the kid lay there until the Police arrived.

lacroixdp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That kid sealed his fate the second he decided to fire that gun at that gentleman. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. The pharmacist went overboard, but with the stress and such, I can't say I blame him. I think his actions were justified, IMHO.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    That kid sealed his fate the second he decided to fire that gun at that gentleman. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. The pharmacist went overboard, but with the stress and such, I can't say I blame him. I think his actions were justified, IMHO.

Supposingly, the criminals never fired any shots. The BG with the gun ran out the door while the other BG was shot and laid out in the corner of the store. Owner (Pharmacist) went after BG that had gun, returned when he didn't get him. Shot criminal in chest 5 times and called police.

See a trend in the words above in bold? They go hand in hand because if you are one then you are the other. If the milk is bad and you can't drink it, why save it and let it rot, dispose of the trash and go on with life...

IMHO I don't call the BG (Bad guy) a kid, I call him an accessory to a criminal. He was there to be a back up bad guy. He is a criminal so dispose of his body already and set the hero/pharmacist free.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Ah - I could have sworn the pharmacist said his arm got grazed with a bullet.

He did in fact say that. It was determined however that he wasn't shot.

I'm sure this was him trying to "explain" his reasoning. I would have thought that guns waiving like a flag would have been a good enough reason however.

Here is the exert from the first link.

"The investigation
    Because of the sensitive nature of the investigation, police said they could not confirm any of Ersland’s story, including whether Ersland was shot, whether the robbers ever fired on him or even if Parker was armed.

On Thursday, police were still looking for the second robber, described as a black man in his 20s, about 5 feet, 7 inches tall, and weighing about 175 pounds. The man was last seen wearing a red shirt and dark pants. A man was arrested about a block away after crashing a stolen car that fit the description Ersland gave, but police said the man has not been linked to the robbery."

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    the story he gave the media doesnt jive with the video..Im sure with all the exciment things where missed and just made up with the story but looks like there very little correct about the story he gave the media.

"Ersland said he was thrown against a wall, but managed to go for the semiautomatic in his pocket." Ive watched this over and over trying to see if he was "thrown" on the floor but doesnt look like it to me..I see him scramble behind the counter and duck,pulls out his pistol and as soon as one of the robbers enters his line of sight he straightens up and fires. nothing wrong with what he did there and it was almost "text book" in a way. but still it doesnt jive with what he told the media.

"The first shot got him in the head, and that slowed him down so I could get my other gun.”

from what I see,he made the shot and soon as the would be robber fell the other would be robber cranks out a round or two as he is fleeing,then mr Ersland goes after him and it I dont see where he grabbed another gun.

"Outside the pharmacy, he said he saw what he thought was a third black male in a car with the engine running and reaching for what appeared to be a shotgun. "I pulled out my ‘Judge’ and pointed it right between his eyes and he floored it,” Ersland said."

again he still had the 380 in his hand when he went after the guy and I dont ever see him pointing the firearm when he is at the door. it appears he walks to the counter lays his 380 down and grabs the second gun from a drawer,walks over and fires multiple rounds into the injured BG then calls the police.

I think what put this guy in prison was the fact he gave a story to the media that didnt jive with the video..the story he gave seems very much like he is bragging.
    the shots he took while the BG was already laid out where a bit over the top but being you cant see the BG in the video he could have just said the BG was reaching for a gun so he put him down for good,but the story he gave was full of holes and the video proves that.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    the story he gave the media doesnt jive with the video..Im sure with all the exciment things where missed and just made up with the story but looks like there very little correct about the story he gave the media.

"Ersland said he was thrown against a wall, but managed to go for the semiautomatic in his pocket." Ive watched this over and over trying to see if he was "thrown" on the floor but doesnt look like it to me..I see him scramble behind the counter and duck,pulls out his pistol and as soon as one of the robbers enters his line of sight he straightens up and fires. nothing wrong with what he did there and it was almost "text book" in a way. but still it doesnt jive with what he told the media.

"The first shot got him in the head, and that slowed him down so I could get my other gun.”

from what I see,he made the shot and soon as the would be robber fell the other would be robber cranks out a round or two as he is fleeing,then mr Ersland goes after him and it I dont see where he grabbed another gun.

"Outside the pharmacy, he said he saw what he thought was a third black male in a car with the engine running and reaching for what appeared to be a shotgun. "I pulled out my ‘Judge’ and pointed it right between his eyes and he floored it,” Ersland said."

again he still had the 380 in his hand when he went after the guy and I dont ever see him pointing the firearm when he is at the door. it appears he walks to the counter lays his 380 down and grabs the second gun from a drawer,walks over and fires multiple rounds into the injured BG then calls the police.

I think what put this guy in prison was the fact he gave a story to the media that didnt jive with the video..the story he gave seems very much like he is bragging.
    the shots he took while the BG was already laid out where a bit over the top but being you cant see the BG in the video he could have just said the BG was reaching for a gun so he put him down for good,but the story he gave was full of holes and the video proves that.

I see him being herded away from his original standing point. So I can see how in the heat of the moment you would feel "shoved". However, the end of the inside mess was IMHO a "Leave no witnesses alive" type thing. :dunno::popcorn:

Top Bottom