• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    This thread has full throttle ADD. Alex I'll take simple economics for $100. No wait! I'll take human nature and the propensity to hoard unused weapons for $200. Oh no no, I'll take why would anyone let a cat in the house for $300. No no no I'll take gender identification and forgotten labels from the 1990's for $400. :dunno:

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Just out of curiosity I would like to try to understand a few things, here.

Let me start: I am male, in my early 60's, happily married to a beautiful female. Neither one of us have ever had any alternative sexual tendencies, leanings, desires, ambitions, or any other things that are not strictly hetero sexual.

There are a few post in this thread, and in a couple other threads, that do not let me understand, or maybe question, this info about each particular poster. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

But I could be misunderstanding.

Last edited:

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Several years ago I bought an SKS at a local gunshow, from one of these traveling "dealers". I paid wayyy to much for it. He swore they were all unissued, NIB, yugo surplus still packed in cosmolene, all that. I bought it hook, line, and sinker. Took it home, scrubbed all the cosmolene off with brake cleaner(dumb) and then a bucket of warm dawn dishsoap(awesome).- Only to discover that said SKS was not only in appearance to have been "issued", but most likely to the dumbest private in all of the history of the Yugoslavian Army. I won't go into to many details, the gun was complete junk! After getting burned like that I said NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN will I spend that kind of money again for a LNIB firearm. I now automatically assume the worst when purchasing used guns, and I only expect to pay no more than the blue book value in "good condition". Unless ofcourse the piece in question is visably in worse shape.
    I don't like buying other people's modified guns either. If I'm looking at a used gun that's been handled by Billy Bob, and I don't know Billy Bob and can't vouch for his work, that is a red flag to me. The more mods the more the price decreases to me.

Lastly, I have an uncle that is in his late 70s that just bought an AR. He will probably never shoot it. He bought it because he can. He will probably never sell it either. Nobody in the family has the nerve to ask why. And that's ok.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have two shotguns that I bought about 4 years ago. I have not fired either. The main range I go to closed down the trap shooting area. The other range I go to never had one.

Stuff happens. Guns do go unfired.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Another thing I'd like to point out is that one doesn't have to go further than you tube to see what kind of abuses some folks put their firearms through. This would be a prime example of what goes through my mind when a fellow gun guy is trying to sell me his Gen II Glock 17 for $525 and two spare mags. Thanks but... -no thanks

fefe2286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    delphi
    This thread has full throttle ADD. Alex I'll take simple economics for $100. No wait! I'll take human nature and the propensity to hoard unused weapons for $200. Oh no no, I'll take why would anyone let a cat in the house for $300. No no no I'll take gender identification and forgotten labels from the 1990's for $400. :dunno:

I'll take gender identification and forgotten labels from the 1990 for $400 please:p

Top Bottom