• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Well I went to the 1500 on Sat and proved that I do not learn very quickly. I went looking for a highpowered military style rifle. While perusing the awesomeness of the show, I spotted something I always wanted on a rack at Jacks Stuff booth. It was a Ruger mini 14 with a Tapco stock, it needed a good cleaning and some TLC, and they wanted a reasonable price for it. I had my wife with me and she wanted to find a pink pistol. So I told the salesman I will be back and left it behind to as my wife spotted something down the isle. Well by the time we got back around the main room and headed back to the Jacks stuff booth, turning the corner to the isle, I nearly bumped into a guy carrying a mini with a Tapco stuck and a huge grin on his face. Got to the booth and IT WAS GONE, my heart dropped, the salesman looked up at me and said, Dude you set it back in the rack, walked 2 steps and someone else grabbed it and said, "I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE OF THESE!" I was so disappointed that I left right after empty handed. My wife looked at me and said "See what happens when you hesitate." So I learned that the next time I will be going by myself and have cash.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I feel ya'! I have been looking for a Mosin M44 and didn't even think to look, but saw IM and SJ got one. I should have looked!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I missed a nice model 10 at the last 1500 and a really nice S&W CS9 at the Terre Haute Gander due to hesitation. Sounds like your wife is understanding.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Had a guy willing to trade my DPMS slr308 for his SA M1a.
    Told him I would do it and get the accesories that were in my truck if he would wait by the door.
    Came back and could not find him. Wish I had gotten his #.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I found a mossberg 590 combo new in box for $275 and walked to the next isle to get my brother, because he was looking for a shotgun, and 5 min later as we came back to get it, it was gone. Oh well that's the way it goes.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Had a guy willing to trade my DPMS slr308 for his SA M1a.
    Told him I would do it and get the accesories that were in my truck if he would wait by the door.
    Came back and could not find him. Wish I had gotten his #.

Update: This guy turned out to be running the Historic Shirt booth and I had given him my card before. We will be trading at 1:00 today.
    He gets the rifle w/5 mags, the case and cleaning kit.
    I get the Springfield Armory M1A w/8 mags, Pelican case, and Cleaning kit plus whatever he can find that went with it.:rockwoot::yesway::cool:
    MAJOR WINNING DEAL!!!!!!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes you can hesitate on ammo and reloading stuff, because ther is usually more of that with a dealer. But with a firearm if you've done your home work an know i'ts a good price you gotta jump on it. That's why I did not hesitate to buy one of the fine Mosin 91/30 matching numbers Hex recivers from Indy Trading Post for $120.00. Wasn't reaqlly planning on that purchase but had been at a local store on thursday and their hex recivers with matching numbers were $149.00. Did not hesitate. Wanted to find and M44 but knew they are starting to get a little harder to find in good shape. I think I only saw about three, but I did not stop at each table because I tried to follow a diferent game plan after buying the Mosin!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Sometimes you can hesitate on ammo and reloading stuff, because ther is usually more of that with a dealer. But with a firearm if you've done your home work an know i'ts a good price you gotta jump on it. That's why I did not hesitate to buy one of the fine Mosin 91/30 matching numbers Hex recivers from Indy Trading Post for $120.00. Wasn't reaqlly planning on that purchase but had been at a local store on thursday and their hex recivers with matching numbers were $149.00. Did not hesitate. Wanted to find and M44 but knew they are starting to get a little harder to find in good shape. I think I only saw about three, but I did not stop at each table because I tried to follow a diferent game plan after buying the Mosin!

+1. Lovin my 91/30!!!

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm digging all the m44 love in this thread...

I love mine, but sometimes feel bad b/c it was at nearly 100% blueing when I got it and now I have some wear around the muzzle from putting that badass bayonet up. Whatever, it was 80 bucks and not shooting a gun is silly...

Top Bottom