• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    No. Those are carp and their best use is as fertilizer.
    Would you say the same about killing rats, prairie dogs, coyotes. Or other vermin?

Last edited:

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    From the Indiana Fishing Regulation Guide

The intentional waste and destruction of fish
    is prohibited unless the fish is required by law
    to be killed. Fish must not be mutilated and
    returned to the water unless the fish is lawfully
    used as bait. Fish parts, including entrails,
    must not be discarded into any state waters,
    but should be disposed of in a sanitary manner
    that does not pollute the water or become
    detrimental to public health or comfort.

The fisherman should have transported them to a non public area to dispose of the remains.

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name

The fisherman should have transported them to a non public area to dispose of the remains.

Carp can be very fun to catch. I do not, however, agree with the way these fish were disposed of. Someone could of used them for fertilizer, some would even eat these fish.

I have ate them, way back when. I did not care for them. They are, in my opinion a trash fish but, if you need something to eat and that is what you caught for the day then that is what you eat.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    on a quick sidenote i always leave the water with more than arrived with meaning im always pickin up trash, old discarded line, and the occasional piece of tackle here and there

but the amount of trash ive seen on the banks at stone arch lake (the chapel lake) in the past 3 weeks has started to overwhelm me

were they shot with a bow? Ive fished there many times and seen some huge carp in that lake by the chapel

no noticable punture wounds. and yeah today i saw maybe 5 carp bigger than the ones in the lot swimming together

That would tick me off too. They should have been tossed into the woods.

as soon as you turned into the lot they were right there, on the far left guard rail about 20 yds from the entrance.

me and my dad started fishin around 8 this morning in the corner rigt there by the lot and when the fog lifted and the sun shined through we had to move spots because the smell became sickening

+1

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Or not taken at all. Seems like you should either practice catch-and-release or catch-and-eat. Otherwise, you're just killing animals for sick sport.

Ever tried carp? If you have I bet you wouldnt want to eat it anymore. They are trash fish, and no different than shooting prarie dogs or coyotes. You dont eat them but the popluation still needs to be controlled. Eating them is about the last thing anyone would do with a dead carp.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Ever tried carp? If you have I bet you wouldnt want to eat it anymore. They are trash fish, and no different than shooting prarie dogs or coyotes. You dont eat them but the popluation still needs to be controlled. Eating them is about the last thing anyone would do with a dead carp.

My grandfather tried it once, he said it wasn't very good. I've also heard a lot of racial things about it but im not sure if those have any truth to them or not:dunno:

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    The carp aren't the problem; it's the mindset of the slimeballs that leave their stinking garbage laying there for someone else to deal with- not trash fish,trash people.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I hate going out to the spillway and having illegals fishing illegally snagging with a CO nearby. That pissed me off to no end.

They even over cast our lines a bunch. First time was ok, after that I started cutting lines.

That's a huge problem here, and what's worse is that I can't carry there due to ACOE BS.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    no issues with anyone catching and killing carp, but they shouldn't have left them in the lot. they should have been disposed of properly.

on a side note, my grandpa talked of eating carp as a kid (during the depression). he said if they were kept in a horse tank and fed clean feed (chicken, rabbit, etc.) for a week or two, the fish tasted much better.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No. Those are carp and their best use is as fertilizer.
    Would you say the same about killing rats, prairie dogs, coyotes. Or other vermin?

Yeah, he would. He's consistent.

My problem is just chucking them along the road. Waste of great garden fertilizer and a general disrespect for the olfactory sense of others.

Hijack on for a fish story...
    My Grandma has a large pond that serves as an overflow for her fishing pond. It is usually knee deep and has a nasty, slimy, muddy bottom. It is carp heaven. One Memorial Day weekend, my kids were sick of catching bluegill, after the first hundred or so, they lose interest. They had been watching all the carp swimming around in the other pond and asked if they could try to catch one. I just chuckled and said good luck, and resumed decimating the bluegill population.

A little bit later, I hear my 10 year old daughter screaming bloody murder. I dropped my pole and ran up the bank to the berm between the two ponds where I see my little girl locked in mortal combat with a big old carp. My 12 year old son, and his buddy, were up on the bank, laughing hysterically. She finally managed to bearhug that fish, slog through the mud, and throw it up on the bank at her brother's feet.

Turns out, when they discovered that catching them on rod and reel was not gonna happen, the boys dared her to catch one "indian style". After the boys saw her do it, the three of them spent the rest of the day dragging a couple dozen carp out of there. We put them in the garden and tilled up all but two, which I filleted, brined, and smoked. They were every bit as good as smoked salmon. Avoid the darker reddish meat and it's good eatin.

My daughter has caught bigger fish since then, but this will always be her favorite catch and my favorite fish story.:D

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I personally enjoy carp fishing, they are a very hard fighting fish. Ive never ate them but my grandpa and some other older people I know have. They said it wasn't to bad. My only problem was that they just left them in the parking lot. They could have at least put them in the woods.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate going out to the spillway and having illegals fishing illegally snagging with a CO nearby. That pissed me off to no end.

They even over cast our lines a bunch. First time was ok, after that I started cutting lines.

That's a huge problem here, and what's worse is that I can't carry there due to ACOE BS.

Baseball bat or tire iron. Works for me.

Top Bottom