• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I have shot Ruger Mark II's and liked them a lot, but not sure if I should buy one if the reason is that is what I shot and liked it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other .22 handguns they have shot in addition to the Ruger's and why they like them better.

I will be using this as just a fun gun to shoot at the range and trying to get more accurate with it. I have shot the basic model of the Ruger mark II. I like the trigger pull on the gun, how do others compare. Are others more or less accurate?

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The mark ii is great. I think assembly/disassembly is kind if a pain but other than that it is great. My favorite .22 is a Thompson contender with 10" barrel. Extremely accurate if you are OK with a single shot.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Don't feel bad because you like Rugers :patriot:

My base gun so to speak has always been Ruger MKII targets with 5.5" Bull barrels. I bought my first one in 1983. I have done everything I could possibly do with them. Optics, made my own custom grips. Lots of fun. Plinking, hunting, target, practcing my skills in general.

Because it is heavy, fixed barrel and has target sights you can become very good with it. Adjustable target sights go a long way towards allowing you to dial your gun in. You bench rest it, then pick it up and work on your skills. Aim small, hit small goes a long way in training with a .22lr handgun. When you miss you know it is you and not the gun.

In today's world I would buy the 22/45 Lite. In fact I intend to buy 3 of them this year. This gun is half the weight due to polymer lower and alloy upper. has target sights and threaded barrel. And now it is available in black, not that suckola gold anodized color it first came out with. One is for my hunting kit, the other two will be trainers for the ladies.

Ruger 22/45 Lite™ Rimfire Pistol Models

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have shot Ruger Mark II's and liked them a lot, but not sure if I should buy one if the reason is that is what I shot and liked it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other .22 handguns they have shot in addition to the Ruger's and why they like them better.

I will be using this as just a fun gun to shoot at the range and trying to get more accurate with it. I have shot the basic model of the Ruger mark II. I like the trigger pull on the gun, how do others compare. Are others more or less accurate?

The best .22LR handguns built, IMO, come from Ruger. Both in semi auto and revolver. The Ruger Mark series is a very tried and true platform. My Mark l was purchased in 1981, and has around 50,000 rounds through it. The Ruger Single 6 Revolver is just as tough. Both guns will outlast you by several lifetimes.

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I have been looking at the Stainless Ruger Mark III's with the bull barrel. I think if I buy the ruger then I will get that one. Maybe a used Mark II with a bull barrel.

I think before I buy I will try and shoot a few of the other suggestions.

Thanks

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I recently purchased an M&P22 from Smith and Wesson. It is an excellent weapon. Accurate. Solid. It is similar to standard semiautomatics, so I can train with it. I am considering changing from Taurus for my EDC to S&W M&P line so I can train with what I carry.

Worth considering it.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    My wife shoots a walther p22. I shoot it every chance i get and i absolutely love it. the only down is it hangs with some of the cheaper ammo. we run cci stingers or minimags and it shoots like a dream.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Feel free to check out other .22s, but the Ruger Mk series is a classic, much like the Ruger 10/22 is a classic on the .22 rifle side.

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Seems like Rugers are always at the top of recommendations for 22 pistols and there's a good reason. They've been doing it for a long, long time and have made a pistol built like a brick s**thouse. I have a Ruger Mark III Target series and the thing is accurate as hell. The biggest hassle, and anyone who has ever cleaned one will attest too, is breaking them down. They are a PITA. Yes it gets easier and quicker the more you doe it, but let's be honest, it will always be more difficult than most pistols.

Top Bottom