• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    So I am thinking about a .22LR Can. I am undecided on what to look at?

22 Silencer | The 22 Sparrow Gun Suppressor from Silencerco

Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

It will go on a Advantage Arms G17/22 conversion, Walther P22 and Sig 1911-22, as well as my Savage Mark II ( will remove my SAS brake) I torn to do this or get my self a Silencer Co Osprey 45. So tell me about .22 LR can. For now Im just going to run my SAS M47 on my Savage Mark II-SR when it I get my stamp back until I can decide if I want to get a dedicated .22LR can.

Glocker1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I own a guardian and a tac 65, I've shot the sparrow. The guardian is night and day better than the tac 65. The sparrow is a nice can but in my opinion the guardian does everything the sparrow does and at 1/2 the price.

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    .22 cans

You are going to get 50 different suggestions… :) I sell them, the ones I like, use and recommend is the Guardian SS because of the ease of cleaning the SS baffles, a good can for the money. And the Thompson Machine Isis22, one piece baffle which is easy to remove, and no threads on the can itself to cross thread (the registered part), a good company with very good communications, a very good can for the money.

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    +1 Huntertown 22. You can buy these things with the change you find in the bottom of your shop vac ;-) . Upgrade to the stainless baffles, the aluminum ones are nice and light, but a PAIN to clean. $90 upgrade. Don't need the Kestrel core unless shooting 5.7 through it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My suggestion is that you buy one.

Doesn't matter which - but for the vast majority of "us", there really isn't much difference (other than dollars) in buying the least expensive vs. the most expensive.

Being user-end serviceable is certainly a big deal to many as well...

-J-

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Which one can you find in stock somewhere? That is probably the best one to get.

If you can get any of them, I will give another vote for the Huntertown.

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    I also have the gemtech outback. Forget the Sig and Walther P22. Both have problems feeding.
    I just bought the Ruger SR-22. This thing eats everything I throw into it. Even the junk Remington Bulk I had for 5 years.
    One thing to remember however. If you ever think about the 60 grain, don't throw this through the Can unless you have a 1:9 twist. Sooner or later you will have a baffle strike.

I have a 1:9 twist on the 1022 and it runs the 60 grain with the Outback real well.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Guess Ill keep doing some research, I like the idea of being able to disassemble it for cleaning. I guess Ill just have to pick which one and go that route so now the question is Osprey 45 or 22LR can?

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I narrowed mine down to a Specters II and a Sparrow. In the end I went with the Sparrow, after going through everything the only complaint on the Sparrow was a noticeably louder first round pop, and to me that's a trivial thing to the positives of the Sparrow. Now just have to do a lot of waiting.

(plus it'll make me think twice before I dissappear a few local cats)

Top Bottom