• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I've been thinking about getting a new single action pistol. The one I currently have in mind is the heritage arms 22 rough rider. It's priced reasonably and also comes with the 22 mag cyl. I'd really like to have a single action colt army in a 45 but the money won't allow for that. Has anyone had any experience with the heritage arms 22? I'm just looking for something to reduce the tin can population and a little target practice. Any opinion would be appreciated thanks GD

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    Thanks for you input. I have been looking for a used one no luck there. but gander mountain has them priced at 199.99 for new so I think that's the direction il go. Thanks a bunch GD

Joe K

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I have had one for six years countless rounds fired through it mostly 22lr but some 22 magnums, for the money it is a great plinker the finish is rough but the price tag isn't!!

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    Not really concerned about the amount of rounds il run through it cause it won't see much use but I have heard of other with several thousand rounds on them. I'm sure there is no comparison to the ruger but at over double the price that's not in my budget. I did go order one last night though. It has the 6 1/2 barrel and the mag cyl was right about 200 bucks. I must admit there was a ruger there that was awful tempting but with only so much money in the budget I had to pass. Thanks again GD

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If it fills the niche you have intended for it and is within the budget, go for it. Sounds like a fun little gun. I too have had a hankering for a SAA in .45lc. I too can't fit it in the budget at the moment. There is always something ahead of it on the list. Good luck and have a ball.

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I will agree that the ruger is the best of the choices I had but still I don't have the extra toadhydes to go that direction at this time. As I usually follow a pattern il probley end up with the ruger and a saa 45 lc at some point in time anyway. GD

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I picked up my heritage 22 yesterday. I love it. It's as well or better than I expected. It's the blued finish 6 1/2 barrel with the mag cyl also. We shot around 30 rounds through it seems to be a good decent little gun. I must admit the finish is not the highest quality in the world but that's fine with me for the price.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I agree with the Ruger. You will have something to hand down to your kid and great grand kids and so on.... I have 3 single action and a Super Redhawk. All keepers!

Top Bottom