• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Ive found them listed on ebayfor 209 thinking about picking one up. I havent been into the reloading long but seems RCBS is a stand up and great company are there any flaws in the charge master 1500? Figure the time saved getting power right would be worth it in the end. Whats everyone think?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If you're working up a lot of unique loads, meaning load development for testing of different bullets and powders, the charge master can be a real time-saver. For folks who load mostly pistol, or a few different known load combinations in 223 or 308, it won't make a whole lot of difference. It really depends on what kind of reloading you do, most of the time.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I hesitated many years before buying one. Now I own two.

If you are only loading plinking pistol or rifle rounds then you don't need one. If you are doing precision rifle or a lot of load development then they are a huge timesaver.

If you have the money and just want it then they are worth the money spent.

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Check out FEDTacticalDirect.com for this item. My RCBS Rangemaster 750 is supposed to be delivered today. Their prices for the 1500 are much less than you reported from ebay.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I bought mine because I was starting to use a lot of extruded "stick" powders and my powder drop was hard to work (because it was chopping the sticks) and didn't throw a real accurate charge in with those powders. If everything I used was ball powders, I probably wouldn't have bought it. Now that I have it, I use it for pretty much anything that I'm loading 100 rounds or less at a time for.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I cant beleive I ever reloaded without mine. Especially rifle, every charge is wieghed so you got that outa they way from the go. Love Mine. Awesome for testing load development make 25 or 30 is awesome, bulk loading is a little slow.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    They are cool. Mine went bonkers after not that much use and about 18 months, but the replacement part cost was a lot cheaper than the new part. I use in conjunction with a quality beam scale & if I had to just have one or the other I'd hang on to the beam scale just because it has never failed me or fibbed.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I had one (3 actually) and they are the reason I no longer buy RCBS.
    The first one quit working after the first use. Got it replaced, and at that time, they still had the 2 year warrenty. It died just after a year.
    RCBS says the warrenty is one year now and that it'll cost me $45 plus shipping to get it fixed (they replace it).
    I was pissed, so the replacement sat on the shelf for a couple years until a friend got into reloading.
    So between the Chargemaster and their tumbler, I'm done with them.

rollingblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Morristown, IN
    I love mine, its accurate, does not have problems with stick powders. In the amount of time it takes for me to charge the case, set and seat the bullet, put the loaded round in my box and get the powder funnel on the next case it has weighed out the next charge. Its not so fast for pistol loads, but is great for rifle rounds.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Tricklers of every stripe are slow. If you shoot any volume at all, they simply don't fit the workflow.

A good thrower can nail charge weights. It isn't like Eley et al, are trickling.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I normally load 100 rounds at a time. I have had mine for over a year and love it. It really speeds up the process when using a single stage press. While the powder is dispensing, I can be doing another operation.

rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    I've had mine for what seems like forever, I'm having some problems with the cord, but it's been that way for years and so far if I wiggle it it comes back to like, wouldn't be without it

Top Bottom