Thinking about getting a revolver for my edc. Give me some ideas what to get.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    One of my carry guns is a Model 29 .44 Mag with a 4" barrel. I carry specials in it for the urban variety of predator and magnums when in bear country. It will also chamber .44 Russian.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My EDC is a smith model 66 copy in 357 with 2 inch barrel. It is just small enough for EDC for me. And I shoot it very well. I go with 38 hollow points from federal. Stainless is a good choice for EDC. Less rust and carry scars. Still looks almost new.

The 7 shot revolvers are a bit to round for me. The 4 inch barrel is to long for carry in many situations so for me it is the near perfect choice.

I bought it long ago with a 38 5 shot. I was begged to sell the 38 to a friend and I know have about 50 dollars in the pistol. I have 3 holsters 3 speed loaders and lots of ammo.

If you are not LEO and practice situational awareness 6 shots plus 18 available quick is plenty.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    If you have a Python 4", you already have a terrific carry gun, excellent balance, and a trigger to die for. USE IT! Do the daily maintenance to care for the finish (I use RIG) and get what you originally paid for. If not , the closest S&W is either the 586 or the 686, both of which use the same speedloader as the Python (virtually the identical cylinder) and the balance is quite close. If I still had my Python, I would sure as hell be wearing it out as the maker intended. They were not intended to be eye-candy brother.

Collin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd say look at either the LCR or the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 38. Both are about 15 oz unloaded - 38 + P is fine, though the LCR is available in .357. This weight will work in pockets of shorts/summer attire - hardly noticable any time of year.

There's also an M&P revolver that's a light one in 357, but will be a couple hundred more $$.

Best wishes!

Top Bottom