• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I've been hunting exactly once in my life--back when I was 17 or so (entirely too many years ago)--and am thinking of starting possibly this year.

The thing is, none of my social circle includes hunters. I'm friends with a number of people who are into shooting, but it just so happens that none of them hunt.

Although I'm old enough not to need the "hunter education" course, I've read gone through the online course that the DNR provides.

Anyway, I'm looking for tips on getting started. Best would be a "mentor" who I could accompany on at least a few trips, but any advice and suggestions on getting started--particularly regarding things that might not be obvious to someone coming in from the outside, so to speak, would be much appreciated.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I'm in the same boat. Did lots of Dove and Quail hunting when I lived in AZ. Also got drawn for an occassional deer tag but never filled it. I'd really love to take a deer and turkey. Seems like the biggest problem here is finding a place to hunt. I'd be willing to go in on a lease, if they do that out here.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Might I suggest a forum deadicated primarliy to hunting. I moved to Indianapolis 12 years ago and started hunting 3 years ago after 20 year break due to college, military service and being in a new State. While I was familar with the basic of hunting my bigest problem was learning aobut hunting conditions in this state. Hunting Indiana Forum
    HUNTING INDIANA - Home
    is a great place to start. Public Land Hunting in Indiana is not as bad as most people make it out to be. You just have to work at it.

Top Bottom