• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    i need out of the automotive field. i have given a lot of thought to the air force. i'm 26, and the cutoff is 28. anyone here in that field, wanna give some tips? i have a wife and 4 year old daughter too.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I did 20 in the Navy, not the Air Force, but I did several tours on Air Force bases. If you have a family the AF is the best way to go. After you make E5 or so the money is pretty good and you get to see the world if you want. The AF really caters to family. In my Navy time I lived all over the world and have visited six of the seven continents. I would highly recommend any of the services, but as I said the USAF is the best for family life. Good Luck.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I to am considering a career change. I am planning on joining the Army at the end of the summer. I am using these 3 months to get myself into better shape, and quit smoking so basic isn't so rough.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    At your age, I would go for it, if your family agrees. Military wives have it rough in the Navy because of Sea Duty. The Air Force could be better. I've known AF Guys who served there 20 years without leaving the lower 48 States. You must be willing to move around alot. In 20 years you could move four or more times.

Good Luck and may God Speed your dicision my friend.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    AF all the way baby! I did it. Great place to be. I would say go for it. What other job pays you to learn what they can teach?
    Check out heavy construction equipment operator. Don't remember the career number, but it was great training. Of course I kick myself in the ass for getting out when I did. Could have retired when I was 38. Just think, you could be retired at 46...unless they changed the age thing. Any how, you could retire with a steady pay at an early age.
    My cousin did 21 years Navy, traveled all over. His wife hated it.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    i need out of the automotive field. i have given a lot of thought to the air force. i'm 26, and the cutoff is 28. anyone here in that field, wanna give some tips? i have a wife and 4 year old daughter too.

Talk it over with the family first, but I wouldn't hesitate if the choice were mine in this world economy.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I wanted to join the Navy after high school, had to lose weight(still do) and eventually got my current job. I'm only 23 so I have time, but I'm thinking this PCL injury will hinder that even when I'm all healed.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I did six years in the Navy. Best thing that I could have done at the time. I was single though. Make sure your family is behind you. AF would be the best choice with a family. Navy like someone said unless you get lucky and figure out how to stay on land you will be haze gray and underway all the time. I unfortunately watched many strained marriages from being gone all the time. AF I am sure is easier on the family life.

Top Bottom