• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    My daughter is really getting the hang of shooting handguns. She got the idea almost immediately. Now I'm thinking of getting a 9MM to let her try. I'll keep the Mark II, since I wanted one anyway. Now I get to shop again, and I'm leaning toward a Taurus. My dad carries a PT140 and loves it. He let her hold it and she liked the way it felt. Do they make any mid-size semi autos in 9MM? I've also been looking at the 907? and a few others. I'm not locked in on a Taurus, but they seem to be a good weapon on the less expensive side of the isle.
    So far, I have about $300 in the ol' coffee can.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I keep a Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro with me almost every time I leave home. When it's not with me I carry a Beretta PX4 Storm. Both are primary to my constant companion, a Kahr PM9.

That said, my Taurus has been 100% reliable as to firing, but has a strange tendency for anyone who has fired it to shoot low. I know how it shoots so I just practice aiming high and have no problem keeping on target at "oh crap" distances. Side to side it is dead on.

Based on mine being a pleasant shooter, and reliable I can recommend it to someone who wants a mid-weight pistol that has a modest capacity (13 rounds). I am betting mine is a one of a kind when it comes to sighting in.

phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    My friend got a PT111 recently and it seems to feel good in the hand and has less kick than my Sccy CPX. I wouldn't mind having one. I just had to get used to the trigger having no resistance until being very close to the point of firing....My CPX gives resistance from the very beginning of the trigger pull.

MorePowerWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Palmyra, In
    I had a PT111 Mil Pro. I loved everything about it but....... It shot low. It was the perfect size. It was reliable. It even looked cool. If it hadn't been for it shooting low I'd still have it now. Traded it in on a Glock

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have a pt140 and have had no problems. My wife is currently looking for her first gun and found it difficult to rack the slide. Two of the guns she really likes so far are the glock 26 and Bersa Thunder pro 9mm.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The Taurus 24/7 Pro is a good 9mm weapon. I prefer the Gen 1 over the Gen 2 but both are good EDCs.

I had a PT111 Mil Pro. I loved everything about it but....... It shot low. It was the perfect size. It was reliable. It even looked cool. If it hadn't been for it shooting low I'd still have it now. Traded it in on a Glock

I have a pt140 and have had no problems. My wife is currently looking for her first gun and found it difficult to rack the slide. Two of the guns she really likes so far are the glock 26 and Bersa Thunder pro 9mm.

I carried a G26 for over a year before I switched to the Taurus 24/7 Pro DS and the Taurus 709 Slim. My reasons for switching are presented in detail here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/180800-i_dropped_off_the_glock_bandwagon.html

I appreciated the feedback on my switch thread. Folks made it very clear the key issue is function. If you can shoot it well, go with it. Glock makes a good pistol. So does Taurus. Find the one that works for you and practice.

I found the 24/7 had a better grip, better accuracy, and left me with enough cash in my pocket to buy several hundred rounds of 9mm for practice. Works for me. :twocents:

MorePowerWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Palmyra, In

As much as I love mu Glock flavored Kool-Aid, the Bersa is a good choice too. I had one some time ago and it was great. And didn't break the bank.:twocents:

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I was looking at the 709 Slim. It only holds 8 rounds, but it looks like a good weapon. I'm eventually going to give it to my daughter, so she has to be able to work it. How hard is it to pull back the slide? is it better on the 24/7?

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I was looking at the 709 Slim. It only holds 8 rounds, but it looks like a good weapon. I'm eventually going to give it to my daughter, so she has to be able to work it. How hard is it to pull back the slide? is it better on the 24/7?

My wife found the slide very difficult to rack on my 709 as well as the pt140.

Rellik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I also have pt111 milinium pro that shoots low. I has never had any failures. I really should buy some adjustable sights for it i reckon.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Well, I am bidding on a Taurus 907 at one of the auction websites. We'll see how it goes. I think the thinner frame will help her get a better grip.

Top Bottom