Thinking of Voting for Destiny Wells instead of Morales??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Polls say many Republican's may vote for Destiny Wells because Morales is seen as incompetent and morally questionable.
    There's good reason to think that but my point is Well's is clearly anti-gun. As such nothing else she says or does matters. She can't get my vote.

With thanks to KellyinAvon her testimony on HB1077 can be seen here: http://iga.in.gov/information/archives/2022/video/committee_public_policy_1600/+

Her testimony starts at 20:00.

EDIT: I found the link above doesn't connect directly to the video. It takes you to a screen with a drop down menu. Click the drop down box (circled in red below) and then select the Jan 5th session (marked with an arrow).
    Sorry for the confusion.

1667937654705.png

Last edited:

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    There is no video here.
    Thank for the note. Odd that the web address doesn't change between the selection screen and video.
    I updated my OP with selection instructions and a screen shot.

The user is two clicks away.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Polls say many Republican's may vote for Destiny Wells because Morales is seen as incompetent and morally questionable.
    There's good reason to think that but my point is Well's is clearly anti-gun. As such nothing else she says or does matters. She can't get my vote.

With thanks to KellyinAvon her testimony on HB1077 can be seen here: http://iga.in.gov/information/archives/2022/video/committee_public_policy_1600/+

EDIT: I found the link above doesn't connect directly to the video. It takes you to a screen with a drop down menu. Click the drop down box (circled in red below) and then select the Jan 5th session (marked with an arrow).
    Sorry for the confusion.

View attachment 235589
    So, her argument was "muh DD-214". Horses**t.

If she wants training, why not make it an above the line tax deductions?

Lol, Indiana never required training, no problems.

Rights delayed are rights denied.

Her argument was as weak as a cardboard suitcase in the rain.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I suspect folks do not recognize how important a vote for a Libertarian candidate for Secretary of State is.
    Or they just dont care. They dont want a Libertarian for anything, so therefore they DGAF whether Libertarians get the recognition and ballot access they deserve.

Or worse. They are ignorant and outright AFRAID that a Libertarian might win over their beloved Republican candidate.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Or they just dont care. They dont want a Libertarian for anything, so therefore they DGAF whether Libertarians get the recognition and ballot access they deserve.

Or worse. They are ignorant and outright AFRAID that a Libertarian might win over their beloved Republican candidate.
    In 2016, I saw a choice between Trump and Clinton. I didn't know how he would govern, but I knew we had to keep her as far from the big chair as possible. Any third choice would have been closer to the Right than her, so would have split the R vote, not the D. There was literally no possibility that anyone else was going to win, it was going to be one of the two of them... and knowing only that she could not be allowed to win, I saw no option but voting Trump into office. When I saw how he governed, I voted for him again, and will in 2024, if he runs, as well.

So there is another option. When you see that one of two in a race are more likely to win an office, and a third option exists, that third will benefit the one farthest from what you want politically. I think it's called the Ross Perot effect... Ross Perot's candidacy gave us eight years of Bill Clinton in office.

Diego won by ~230K votes. If as many Rs who voted for him had switched their votes to Maurer, the difference would not have changed the outcome, alone, but we also still have three counties that have not been reported. It would not have taken much to sway it at that point and we end up with Wells as our SecState. Had the race not been expected to be close, I would have chosen Maurer.

I won't say I voted "for" Diego. I voted against the Democrat taking that office.

Blessings,
    Bill

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I won't say I voted "for" Diego. I voted against the Democrat taking that office.

And this is what's important. If the Libertarian candidate takes away enough conservative votes, we end up with a left-wing freedom-hating autocratic Democrat in office, and all the !@#$-storm that causes. I am a strong Republican voter, not because the Republicans are so great, but because the Democrats are so terrible. Anything I can do to keep a Democrat out of office is worth it!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Sorry for the confusion.

View attachment 235589
    Awesome work @BJHay !! The antis all blur together, that was House Public Policy Committee and I do remember now!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And this is what's important. If the Libertarian candidate takes away enough conservative votes, we end up with a left-wing freedom-hating autocratic Democrat in office, and all the !@#$-storm that causes. I am a strong Republican voter, not because the Republicans are so great, but because the Democrats are so terrible. Anything I can do to keep a Democrat out of office is worth it!
    But that is a myth. Libertarian candidates siphon from both sides.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But that is a myth. Libertarian candidates siphon from both sides.
    That is overstated. It usually siphons off the most from republicans. Here is an article that explains a lot of what has been going on in this election. It appears the dems are making use of promoting libertarian and other groups as a weapon to defeat republicans…

Top Bottom