Thinking on getting a compact carry ! Any ideas ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I'm thinking on getting a compact carry pistol. Something reliable but not to expensive like a Ruger LC9 or Bersa .380. Any info on these guns or something similar would be appreciated. trying to stay with 9mm or .45 because that's what other calibers i have but would consider a .380

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Yes the Glock 19 is a great gun but to me it isn't compact enough for what i want. Looking for something alittle smaller but will carry my 19 if i can't find anything else.
    Also been eyeing a Glock 43

Klbeeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Wabas
    Something to think about and help narrow down the choice, single stack mag for a little easier concealment? Or you worried more about having a little more magazine capacity?

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    The mag capacity doesn't bother me that much . Single stack would be fine if i found the right gun. I have several guns now but most are all full size, I never really carry much so my guns are used mostly for the range but with all the crime going on anymore i'm ready to start.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Glock 26...43...42...lcp...derringer...toothpick?

Depends how small you want to go...do some searches there's a PLETHOR of threads on this topic...I know I've made a couple in the past. Just scroll through the handguns pages and you'll be enlightened. Also if you're thinking about one watch a bunch of video reviews on them on youtube. There's some decent reviews on there from some well known and respected people.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I don't think i have seen the LC9S , Only reason i was thinking the LC9 is because of Hickok 45 gave a good review on it.I watch alot of his videos and he usually has valuable information .

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How do you want to carry? what style of apparel do you usually wear? Are you going for deep conceal (carrying in an unfriendly work environment that would cost you a job?).

These are just a few of the questions you need to answer.

Glock 26 would be a great add on to someone who has a 19. Share mags, holsters, etc. Don't underestimate the amount of $ already having extra mags, holster, etc can save you.

Glock 43 is also a very good gun, if you need that extra bit of concealability. It really depends on what you are looking for. You would need to stock up on additional mags, different holster, etc.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I don't think i have seen the LC9S , Only reason i was thinking the LC9 is because of Hickok 45 gave a good review on it.I watch alot of his videos and he usually has valuable information .

[video=youtube;Opx_IFm0iQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opx_IFm0iQU[/video]

[video=youtube;p2bBSHxk-Oc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2bBSHxk-Oc[/video]

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Yes sir i'm def buying a G21 but more for home protection & the range, Got a 30s on a trade few weeks ago and traded it off for a Springfield 1911, It was a sweet gun tho.
    Buying guns is a expensive and addicting habit but i love it !!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Every hickok review is a good review... He doesn't give too many negatives. That's more than ok but I'd go with a shield if you need a smaller gun to carry and I would strongly go with what lovemachine is suggesting!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    The Kahr cw380 has been an AWESOME pocket carry so far. You will love it!
    They say the CM9 is a great carry also, will let you know in a couple days.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I just recently picked up a new Shield in 9mm, did some trading for a G43 NIB and bought a used LC9. The Shield was and is my first choice as far as carry + shooting. With the extended mag the 9 rounds is nice. I also bought a pearce extension for the 7 rd mag and I like shooting with that one in as well.
    As far as the G43 I really like shooting it and am planning on getting some more mags with the extension. It is really nice to carry as well.
    I like the LC9, but I don't shoot it as well as the Shield or G43. Bought the 9rd mag for the LC9 and that was a mistake. I will probably keep all three, but the Shield is my EDC for now. That is on days when I don't stick the G36 in my pants :):

Top Bottom