• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    This brand new Core-15 M4 Scout came home with me today. I got it at Rural King for just under $700 before their in store rebate. I stopped and got a new Hand Guard, A MOE rear sight and some ammo. I cant wait to take it to the range. It feels really good to me.

Core-15.jpg

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    Sounds like a good buy, Haven't heard much about the core's but it looks really nice and got to love the price.
    Have fun at the RANGE!

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Sounds like a good buy, Haven't heard much about the core's but it looks really nice and got to love the price.
    Have fun at the RANGE!

An may it be the first of many! (they do multiply you know) Congrats on the purchase looks like it will serve you well.

Thank you that is what I heard. The Ammo is actually cheaper then my XDs or my 1911! I cant wait to get it to the range and break it in!
    What is the best method to break in a brand new AR?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thank you that is what I heard. The Ammo is actually cheaper then my XDs or my 1911! I cant wait to get it to the range and break it in!

Barrel break in is a myth unless you're using abrasive compounds. Be weary of who ever tells you otherwise.

It doesn't need broken in, just shoot it.

I would recommend getting some decent oil of your choice. Be it CLP, slip2000, or even motor oil, and liberally coat the bolt carrier.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I would recommend getting some decent oil of your choice. Be it CLP, slip2000, or even motor oil, and liberally coat the bolt carrier.

Interesting. I run my BCG almost dry. A very little bit of Tetra Gun Grease on the contact points. Most of what I've read say run it dry.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Welcome to the AR family.... They are truely a blast to shoot ... I love all of mine and my grandkids will too one of these days...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What about Frog Lube. I've heard good things about that.
    Ive never had a problem with Frog Lube, but others have in real cold conditions, it supposedly gums up pretty severe. The only other complaints I have heard of is the rather time consuming first application! It has worked well for me for quite some time, but I haven't taken a carbine course in sub zero temps yet.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I use slip2000, its awesome, but you dont need a ton of it on the bcg, mainly contact points, youtube has great videos showing applications.

Now the fun begins for you....and you wallet will feel it in the future i'm sure!! a good red dot, 4x scope maybe, or maybe an acog with red dot on top??!?!! quad rail, sling, angled foregrip maybe? magpul everything? oh its fun, and the fun never has to end! congrats and enjoy!

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I use slip2000, its awesome, but you dont need a ton of it on the bcg, mainly contact points, youtube has great videos showing applications.

Now the fun begins for you....and you wallet will feel it in the future i'm sure!! a good red dot, 4x scope maybe, or maybe an acog with red dot on top??!?!! quad rail, sling, angled foregrip maybe? magpul everything? oh its fun, and the fun never has to end! congrats and enjoy!

Thanks. I've decided to take off the Magpul, and got with a Standard Quad-Rail. I'm going with an Aimpoint CompM4. An Angled forgrip, a weapon mounted light with a pressure switch. Perhaps a laser/light combo.
    I need a good sling.. any recommendations?
    I also need to get several more mags, god they are easy to load compared to my pistol mags!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side

Throw it in the mud and jump up and down on it.........Oh wait....that's an AK.

Top Bottom