• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Maybe this boys mother should tase the cop's child. One of these days he'll mess with someone who has nothing left to lose.
    I'm not sure what your point is. If you're implying I'm defending the goof for pulling the trigger on the taser, you're sadly mistaken.

I'm good with him being fired. And anything else that goes along with being stupid. Just sue the **** out of him in civil court so good, hard working people don't have to foot the bill.

PTSD? She doesn't know what the **** PTSD is.

The only thing I hate worse than a moron is an opportunist.

I think it's kind of sick and twisted to even think about hurting another kid for revenge.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm not sure what your point is. If you're implying I'm defending the goof for pulling the trigger on the taser, you're sadly mistaken.

I'm good with him being fired. And anything else that goes along with being stupid. Just sue the **** out of him in civil court so good, hard working people don't have to foot the bill.

PTSD? She doesn't know what the **** PTSD is.

The only thing I hate worse than a moron is an opportunist.

I think it's kind of sick and twisted to even think about hurting another kid for revenge.

I can't say I know what PTSD is either, other than seeing what my best friend (/brother by everything but blood) went through after leaving the Army, so maybe she is using the wrong terminology, but if her 10 year old is waking up with nightmares from the incident he's going through something.

Do we know if she is lying? Of course not, but I could see getting shot in the chest with a taser from someone that you look to for protection could be pretty traumatic for a child.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Do we know if she is lying? Of course not, but I could see getting shot in the chest with a taser from someone that you look to for protection could be pretty traumatic for a child.
    A traumatic experience? No doubt. Did the goof deserve to be fired? Absolutely.

But PTSD? I'm doubting it. But now days I suppose you can find a doctor that would agree with anything. I guess it's worth milking for all one can get. I'd rather see it done in civil court though.

I think little Johnny would be better served to rub some dirt on it. I'm not saying they don't deserve a payout.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    PTSD is a term thrown around pretty flippantly these days. They categorize everything from catching an invader in your home to being in a bad traffic accident to being raped to a veteran returning from deployment as a situation that will cause PTSD. I don't know if there are different levels of severity (medically speaking) but IMO there should be. I'm sure this child was terrified and I'm sure he does have nightmares. I just think that there should be a differentiation between "I got a hit in the chest" mild and temporary PTSD and "I spent months in the middle of a war" severe and sometimes lifelong PTSD.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    When I was around 10, I frequently woke up from nightmares in which I was in a moving van, with no driver, driving off a cliff, while Chucky Cheese watched from the side of the road. (Lol, really not kidding) I wonder what caused that 'PTSD'. :P

I think the circumstances, ie: him taking the kid to a bathroom afterwards, without staffers knowing and without calling for medics, kinda sheds some light on his thought process throughout the ordeal.

Top Bottom