• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Well go figure... Wouldn't want people stocking up on anything. Now would we? That might interfere with control of hungry people. Control population with food?? Oh yes!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Has anyone actually bothered to go by or call their local LDS facility and actually see if this is true? Lots of stuff out there on the internet isn't true or is only partly true. If you use the LDS canneries I'd suggest giving them a call.

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    Has anyone actually bothered to go by or call their local LDS facility and actually see if this is true? Lots of stuff out there on the internet isn't true or is only partly true. If you use the LDS canneries I'd suggest giving them a call.

I have not called but I did hear 2 months ago that they did stop this. I am not a LDS but I do support what they are doing. So much for the 1st amendment.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    From what I have read, they are just not "canning" on site any more because of the USDA regs and red tape. The Indy LDS has not been canning for a while because the hoops and regs. Indy only sells the pre packed items and they are getting a better selection in the coming months. I am not LDS but I am thankful for their kindness and service they offer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    You can buy only dried goods from, no freeze dried food and buy the cans and lids from them and they will loan you their canner. Good prices on their stuff nothing to write home about but being able to can them will protect your dry goods from bugs.

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Well go figure... Wouldn't want people stocking up on anything. Now would we? That might interfere with control of hungry people. Control population with food?? Oh yes!

Or... heavens forbid if you would compete with an established corporation. Regulations are just as much to eliminate competition from the marketplace as it is to keep the peons in line.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    During his tenure, william jefferson clinton signed an executive order outlawing the private ownership/storage of "excessive" food supplies. I think the number was 6 months. It was signed with about a dozen other "security" orders. These were expanded to take place of similar orders signed by john fitgerald kennedy that had aged out of authority.

I do not know if this applied to the LDS business, but the executive orders are in place to shut down any prepper or prepper supply that they want.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    During his tenure, william jefferson clinton signed an executive order outlawing the private ownership/storage of "excessive" food supplies. I think the number was 6 months. It was signed with about a dozen other "security" orders. These were expanded to take place of similar orders signed by john fitgerald kennedy that had aged out of authority.

I do not know if this applied to the LDS business, but the executive orders are in place to shut down any prepper or prepper supply that they want.

WHY? What was the rational for this order? How was it justified or explained?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This EO as well as the one allowing the Government to take over all fuel supplies, both private and pubic, all labor including medical, and all finances are for "national security"

Top Bottom