• agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I was logging into my VA GIBILL program to vouch today and found this:

National Call to Service Program
    Information
    This National Call to Service Incentive program requires a participant to perform a period of national service to be eligible for benefits. It is a Department of Defense program that is administered by VA.​

Programa de Asistencia Educativa Información en Español | Download Free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF Files | Site Map | RSS Feeds | Contact the Webmaster |

Now I am 26 so I just barely made it; but anyone (including military veterans) who are 18-25 are required to do this! Unconstitutional? You bet! We already served our country - some of us even gave our limbs, minds and LIVES! This is just sick.... :drill:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Here is the crap straight from the VA page.

Summary of National Call to Service Program
    NOTE: This summary is for informational purposes only. Please see your Military Recruiter for additional information on this program.
    Eligibility Requirements for Incentives
    There is a three-tiered service requirement to qualify for incentives under the National Call to Service program:

1. First, after completion of initial entry training, individuals must serve on active duty in a military occupational specialty designated by the Secretary of Defense for a period of 15 months.
    2. After this, and without a break in service, these individuals must serve either an additional period of active duty as determined by the Secretary of Defense, or a period of 24 months in an active status in the Selected Reserve.
    3. After completion of this period of service, and also, without a break in service, the remaining period of obligated service specified in the agreement will be served as follows:
      • on active duty in the armed forces
      • in the Selected Reserve
      • in the Individual Ready Reserve
      • in Americorps, or another domestic national service program jointly designated by the Secretary of Defense and the head of such a program
    Any combination of the service referred to above may also be approved by the Secretary of the military department concerned pursuant to regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense and specified in the agreement.
    Choice of Incentives
    Individuals who participate in this new program have a choice of incentives as follows:

1. Cash bonus of $5,000
    2. Repayment of a qualifying student loan not to exceed $18, 000
    3. Entitlement to allowance equal to the 3-year monthly chapter 30 rate for 12 months ($1,034 effective Oct 1, 2005)
    4. Entitlement to allowance equal to fifty percent of the less than 3-year monthly chapter 30 rate for 36 months (Fifty percent of $840 effective Oct. 1, 2005)
    Coordination with Montgomery GI Bill Benefits
    The basic rule is that National Call to Service (NCS) participants are not entitled to additional assistance under chapter 1606 or chapter 30 benefits. However, if the NCS participant has eligibility under either of these chapters, he or she may be paid the amount of chapter 1606 or chapter 30 benefits minus any amounts paid under the NCS program. The education benefit options will be administered to the extent possible like chapter 1606 of title 10.
    Period of the National Call to Service Program
    The effective date of this program is October 1, 2003.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Done a little more digging...

Two Year Enlistment Program

National Call to Service Initiative

By Rod Powers
    The Army already has a two or three year enlistment option, for some recruits. The Navy has a very limited two and three year enlistment option available to some recruits (two years active duty, followed by six years in the Reserves).
    However, Congress wants a similar option available in all of the services. As such, Congress passed a requirement as part of the FY 2003 Military Appropriations Act which requires all of the services to develop a shortened enlistment program by October 1, 2003, under the National Call to Service Initiative.
    It's not really a "two-year enlistment." The actual time spent on active duty depends on the length of initial training required. The law requires the services to develop a program for 15 months of active duty, following initial training. For example, if a recruit is joining the Air Force, which has a boot camp that lasts about 7 weeks (including in-processing time), and gets a job that requires 9 weeks of job training, that person would incur a total active duty commitment of 19 months (4 months for training, plus 15 months active duty after training).
    However, for recruits who enlist the new "National Call to Service" program, the active duty commitment is just the start. Like regular enlistment programs, recruits are obligated for a total of eight years.
    Following the active duty commitment, recruits will have to accept one of the following:

1. Reenlist on active duty (for a time-period that will be specified in the original enlistment contract)
    2. Serve two years in the active National Guard or Reserves (this means a minimum of drilling one weekend per month, plus training for two weeks per year, plus the possibility of being recalled to active duty by the President for deployments/contingency operations, etc.).
    After serving for the additional time period mentioned in (1) or (2) above, the commitment is not over over yet (remember, this is a total eight year commitment). Whatever time remains on that total eight year commitment, must be spent in one of the following programs:

• Active Duty
    • Selected Reserves (The one that requires weekend drill and two weeks per year training)
    • Inactive Reserves (The program where you can be recalled to active duty if needed, but don't perform weekend drill or annual training)
    • Other program such as Peace Corps or Americorps
    • Combination of any of the above
    So, what do recruits who agree to enlist under one of these programs get?
    Members who enlist under the National Call to Service Program will receive their choice of one of the following enlistment incentives:

• Payment of a bonus in the amount of $5,000, payable on completion of the two-year active duty service portion.
    • Payment in an amount not to exceed $18,000 of outstanding principal and interest on qualifying student loans. This is also payable upon completion of the two-year active duty portion.
    • An "Education Allowance" which is equal to Full Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) Education Rates for up to 12 months of education
    • An "Education Allowance" which is equal to 1/2 Monthly GI Bill Benefits for up to 36 months of education
    Note: Recruits who enlist under the National Call to Service program are not eligible for the MGIB, unless they later reenlist for two or more additional years.
    Recruits will be required to stipulate in the enlistment contract which of the above incentives they will receive. Individuals who fail to perform the entire service obligated under the enlistment contract will be required to reimburse the government for any "unearned" portion of the incentive.
    Each of the services will be allowed to set specific enlistment criteria. The word I've gotten is that there will likely be a minimum ASVAB score (probably minimum of 50), and that the program will likely be offered only for military jobs that don't have long job-schools (probably five months or less). So, don't expect to be able to use this enlistment option with a job that requires language training, for example.
    The Air Force has already announced the details for their program. The Air Force program is EXTREMELY limited. The Air Force plans to limit the option to about one percent of their accessions. That means only about 370 recruits (out of 37,000) will be able to sign up for the program during the fiscal year. Additionally the Air Force is limiting the AFSCs (jobs) available under the program to only 29 jobs. In some of these jobs (such as computer programming), the recruit will have to have civilian training certification before they can apply.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/twoyearenlist.htm

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    osama is wanting to get 750,000 people into the amerikorpz. that's what is in the bill that just passed in the house. i guess this helps get the ball rolling. forcing military folks to "enlist" in the volkspolizei in order to get their education/medical/retirement payments they were promised when the originally enlisted in the Armed Forces.

i think he is hoping that many vets will just drop out, so he can cut their benefits and give them to the new Work-Release amerikorps. yes, some "eligible" prisoners in federal penitentiaries can elect to serve out the rest of their sentence in the Amerikorpz.

Change is happening fast.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    do they require you to join the new SS or Volkspolizei?

Yup! The fuhrer's brown shirts/SS :noway: They would not be able to legally force a veteran who completed his/her full term of service to do this; unless they are still under the IRR correct? Well seeing how they are doing illegal things left and right - they may do anything.... Well this ain't good folks. Take into account the firearms bills, federal reserve crap, G 20 summits etc. This ain't good at ALL.

Last edited:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Honestly guys, that is better than completing 3 years of active duty, then getting pulled from the IRR for another tour. At least there is some incentive here for an obligation that you are currently under if you have not completed an 8 year commitment. My last tour I had 3 guys that were from the IRR, and all they got was active duty pay (with the combat zone extras), another year in the sandbox, and everything at home messed up. I can find where nowhere that it is required to sign up for this type of contract, and it would probably pay off if a joe went into the reserve or guard, since most states provide additional funds for college students, and the deployment cycles are pretty easy to figure out.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Honestly guys, that is better than completing 3 years of active duty, then getting pulled from the IRR for another tour. At least there is some incentive here for an obligation that you are currently under if you have not completed an 8 year commitment. My last tour I had 3 guys that were from the IRR, and all they got was active duty pay (with the combat zone extras), another year in the sandbox, and everything at home messed up. I can find where nowhere that it is required to sign up for this type of contract, and it would probably pay off if a joe went into the reserve or guard, since most states provide additional funds for college students, and the deployment cycles are pretty easy to figure out.

Well I would be very skeptical... this sounds like its a way for them to force everyone including us to be a part of his private army/youth brigade. ...Don't want to do it? Well, we will just take your benefits.
    I don't see anything positive in this program or any other controversial program that has the fuhrers' signature :twocents: When you add this the pile of :poop: ... Ladies and Gentlemen; we are in trouble.

-G20 may be discussing new currency and end of sovereign nations
    -Disarmament of the population
    -Super private banks such as the federal reserve and others controlling the hands of the puppets.

All you have to do is think outside of the box and look at the whole picture....

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    i know, my friend. hard decisions to be made. tough times ahead.

thanks for your vigilance.

Thank you :patriot: This is OUR country ... not THEIRS! I have armed myself with the E-PEN and I have started doing my duty and have written our Representatives and Senators both on the State and Federal levels about topics of concern. This is how we fight back ... the almighty PEN!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    osama is wanting to get 750,000 people into the amerikorpz. that's what is in the bill that just passed in the house. i guess this helps get the ball rolling. forcing military folks to "enlist" in the volkspolizei in order to get their education/medical/retirement payments they were promised when the originally enlisted in the Armed Forces.

i think he is hoping that many vets will just drop out, so he can cut their benefits and give them to the new Work-Release amerikorps. yes, some "eligible" prisoners in federal penitentiaries can elect to serve out the rest of their sentence in the Amerikorpz.

Change is happening fast.

Are you reading the same description that I am? Where is it that the enlistee is being "forced"? The commitment is for 8 years. It is up to the enlistee to complete those 8 years by picking the options (which includes staying on active duty for the 8 years). OK and you are blaming Obama for this and he wasn't the President in 2003 when this was enacted.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Singlesix said it all. No one is being forced into this. It is just another option that each soldier on their firs enlistment can take. This would have been great for me in 1987.;

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    This is the DOD's version of the fuhrers civilian brown shirt/SS program. This is why we are concerned... This isn't just for Veterans - this was started for Civilians!

Look at the adds for the national service and remember that he stated that "we need a civilian defense force just as powerful, just as strong and just as well funded as our military counterparts." Don't think they can make them?

They can; if they are defendant upon the benefits.... What about people who got out with an honorable discharge with no other service obligation i.e. medical or adjustment - therefore no IRR? ...18-25? Join or loose benefits /suffer reduced benefits.

Are you tracking with me? Hoah!

Last edited:

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Are you reading the same description that I am? Where is it that the enlistee is being "forced"? The commitment is for 8 years. It is up to the enlistee to complete those 8 years by picking the options (which includes staying on active duty for the 8 years). OK and you are blaming Obama for this and he wasn't the President in 2003 when this was enacted.
    the "give" act which increases Amerikorps funding from a personel budget for 35k persons to 750k persons passed the Senate March 26th 2009.

H.R. 1388: Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act (GovTrack.us)

Top Bottom