• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've been talking to the techie who sprays our shop for bugs once a month. A few months ago I opened the place for him and he commented on my OC piece and asked what kind of Glock it was (g27 most of the time.) He has a couple pistols and was wanting a LTCH. I usually ask him how the process is going.

Today he told me he got a letter from "the county" (he lives within the city limits of Evansville) telling him before he could get a "permit" he had to send them a list of each gun he owns with the make and model, serial number, where and when he bought it and what he paid. If he can't come up with the purchase location he has to send a picture of the firearm. I came unglued and told him anything like that is flatly illegal. I gave him my email address and asked him to scan a copy of the letter and send it to me. I'll black out his name, if it's on there, and post it here. I told him I'd get that sh** cleared up real fast for him.

He has been trying to get his license for at least the last 4 months. I'll keep this updated.

Has anyone else heard of this B.S.?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ZPdII.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I've been talking to the techie who sprays our shop for bugs once a month. A few months ago I opened the place for him and he commented on my OC piece and asked what kind of Glock it was (g27 most of the time.) He has a couple pistols and was wanting a LTCH. I usually ask him how the process is going.

Today he told me he got a letter from "the county" (he lives within the city limits of Evansville) telling him before he could get a "permit" he had to send them a list of each gun he owns with the make and model, serial number, where and when he bought it and what he paid. If he can't come up with the purchase location he has to send a picture of the firearm. I came unglued and told him anything like that is flatly illegal. I gave him my email address and asked him to scan a copy of the letter and send it to me. I'll black out his name, if it's on there, and post it here. I told him I'd get that sh** cleared up real fast for him.

He has been trying to get his license for at least the last 4 months. I'll keep this updated.

Has anyone else heard of this B.S.?

No and Mr. Yesterday just got his earlier this year, he did get the run around for a while trying to get his appointment with the Sheriff's dept but he was in the county.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Since he would apply to EPD, not VCSD, why would the county do this?

Have you seen a copy of this letter? If you do get it, please post it if you get permission. I would be most interested.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Sounds like he got the "Nigerian" permit letter.

We have 10.5 million dollars that we need to move to the US

Please provide us with your name, DOB, SSN, and banking information and we'll give you half for your time and trouble.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sounds like he got the "Nigerian" permit letter.

We have 10.5 million dollars that we need to move to the US

Please provide us with your name, DOB, SSN, and banking information and we'll give you half for your time and trouble.

This ran through my mind as well. Someone saw a page with his address on it and wants to know what kind of loot ot resistance they will face.

Too action movieish?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Since he would apply to EPD, not VCSD, why would the county do this?

Have you seen a copy of this letter? If you do get it, please post it if you get permission. I would be most interested.
    Yeah, I told him all about how this worked a couple months ago for doing the application. I asked him city or county then told him he had to apply at the PD. Today I asked him if he was sure the letter came from the county because they shouldn't be involved in the process. He said he was pretty sure. I'm really anxious to see the letter.

On a side note I have a cousin who is a county police office and I'll call him this evening and see if he can enlighten me. Also maybe lrahm can comment.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I talked to my friend on the county PD and he was incredulous that something like that could happen. I'm anxious to get a copy of the supposed letter. I say "supposed" because it is almost beyond belief that anyone could send a letter like that. It sounds so patently illegal that I'm wondering if this guy is really confused. I don't think I have his cell number but I'm buds with his boss/scheduler and I'm sure he'll give it to me. I'll go out of my way to get the letter even if I have to drive to the guy's house to get it. Worst case I'll see if he can't read it to me.

My friend on the force reminded me of the deal the EPD was doing a couple years ago. They were requiring applicants for the LTCH in the city to be photographed. With some publicity and people calling the chief out on that one they stopped doing it. In the event that this is really happening I think it will be stopped pretty quickly.

More as it develops.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've dealt with many, many folks through teaching both firearms classes and hunter safety that were going through the license process and I have never heard anything like this. If there is such a letter, I'll bet 3 strips of bacon it was from his insurance company for increasing his homeowners policy for guns.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've dealt with many, many folks through teaching both firearms classes and hunter safety that were going through the license process and I have never heard anything like this. If there is such a letter, I'll bet 3 strips of bacon it was from his insurance company for increasing his homeowners policy for guns.
    Boy, if the guy had that much trouble understanding something......

Top Bottom