• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My neighbor is major meth head. Every 4-5 days she will come out in the yard and walk around screaming and carrying on. My kids are afraid of her. Her husband left her so she got a druggie boyfriend. The cops have come a couple times for domestic stuff with them, but nothing really happened. I have talked to her a couple times and told her I would help if she wanted to set her life straight, but she just looks at me with a blank stare. Sad how drugs can totally screw up your life.

Worst part is that our town got rid of the only cop that we had, so there is zero police presence. The meth heads know that, and the epidemic is getting worse every day. This is why I carry everywhere, even in my own yard.

Here is a video from this morning of her trying to mow her grass. Sorry for the crappy cell phone video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSay2_msjMk

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It looks like you are going to have a lot of grass to cut. I hope your neighborhood remains safe.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    To be fair i act the same way every year trying to get my old damn 2 stroke to fire up for the first time each spring............

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am fortunate to not have to fight her demons every day like she does. Who knows her underlying story. Maybe she loves drugs, maybe she loves the break they giver her from her real life?

Sounds like you've made efforts to help in the past. Getting her mower working and leaving a positive note of encouragement could be another option. We have such a narrow window into her life that I'm not prepared to write her off yet.

I think this lady needs your influence in her life. Maybe she's a project God has given you?
    I'm sure we all have these people in our lives. How many personal stories of recovery start with someone who chose to make a difference in a life? I post this to challenge all of us.

http://youtu.be/g_m2FkisN98

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My son refers to the special language I use when dealing with small engines as 'chainsaw talk'. Nothing makes me lose it faster than an engine with a pull-cord that doesn't want to start and I hardly ever use meth:D

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    If meth is being manufactured in that house, something needs to be done immediately. A meth lab is an extremely unstable environment, especially when someone as strung out as this is the operator. Depending on the size they can do an immense amount of damage if an explosion occurs. If the operation is large enough the blast could easily reach your home.

This stuff is no joke. Not only that but that house has now become uninhabitable according to health and safety regulations. The chemicals from the meth will embed themselves in the drywall, floor, and framework of the house. They can cause severe birth defects in children, and cause many problems to anyone living in the house overtime.

So if she gets the boot from that place, don't expect to see any new neighbors moving in. Chances are the bank or whoever forecloses on that disaster will demolish that place. Good luck finding someone to build on it right now too.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I often fight with my lawn mower in that way, and I don't use any illegal substances. In all seriousness though, this woman has a problem. As someone else said, no one really knows her story. For a lot of those people, something horrible happened to them and they turned to drugs as a coping mechanism. A very bad one. She may be a truly wonderful person who just needs help.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I often fight with my lawn mower in that way, and I don't use any illegal substances. In all seriousness though, this woman has a problem. As someone else said, no one really knows her story. For a lot of those people, something horrible happened to them and they turned to drugs as a coping mechanism. A very bad one. She may be a truly wonderful person who just needs help.

And for all the talk here about being a good neighbor and not hiding in your basement.....

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The sad thing for that lady is that she's spinning out of control going down. I don't see how a person in that kind of shape can ever recover. I know some do, but they're the exception not the rule. You're looking at a matter of time before she's either in jail for life or moved on to the next life. It's sad to watch someone throw their life away, especially on something as disgusting as drugs.

I'd keep trying to help, but I don't know what you can do. At some point you can only bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The sad thing for that lady is that she's spinning out of control going down. I don't see how a person in that kind of shape can ever recover. I know some do, but they're the exception not the rule. You're looking at a matter of time before she's either in jail for life or moved on to the next life. It's sad to watch someone throw their life away, especially on something as disgusting as drugs.

I'd keep trying to help, but I don't know what you can do. At some point you can only bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Sadly, you're very right. But what if? What if she could be an exception if she just had help? A kind word or some encouragement could lead to her making the decision to get professional help. Maybe she is doomed, but just maybe she isn't.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    To be fair i act the same way every year trying to get my old damn 2 stroke to fire up for the first time each spring............

+1 ... I've worn myself out more than once trying to start a stubborn lawn mower for the first time in the spring. Damn things! You don't have to be a druggie to curse and kick a stupid mower ..

As to the meth ... it's a terrible drug. It steals your soul. I pity the people who are too weak to avoid it .. but keep them away from me.

Top Bottom