0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    386951_10151005596316712_143768207_n.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

This is what our great country has come to... A twitter war? I'm so disgusted with the sad joke that has become politics.

Someone wants to make a picture? They should make one of Romney and Obama fighting over a Playstation 3 controller... I have no clue on why our country thinks that one person is capable of pushing the right buttons to win the game... Especially when the ****ing game console is broken!!

I don't want someone who promises that THEY can fix OUR problems... I want someone who offers solutions on how WE can collectively fix our country. I want a LEADER that can inspire change... not a an overlord who wants to dictate it.

Only someone naive would believe that one person alone can turn around this mess. We can change the light bulb as many times as we like... but until we fix the faulty wiring we will continue living in the dark.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    This is what our great country has come to... A twitter war? I'm so disgusted with the sad joke that has become politics.

Someone wants to make a picture? They should make one of Romney and Obama fighting over a Playstation 3 controller... I have no clue on why our country thinks that one person is capable of pushing the right buttons to win the game... Especially when the ****ing game console is broken!!

I don't want someone who promises that THEY can fix OUR problems... I want someone who offers solutions on how WE can collectively fix our country. I want a LEADER that can inspire change... not a an overlord who wants to dictate it.

Only someone naive would believe that one person alone can turn around this mess. We can change the light bulb as many times as we like... but until we fix the faulty wiring we will continue living in the dark.

When Mr Romney is President Romney, AND the Republicans take back the Senate majority.... WE, collectively, will begin solving our nations problems; the right way and with legislation that will finally limit the Federal governments power and reach.

Foreign policy, the economy, the massive unemployment, trade issues, the education issues, all CAN be solved... with the right leaders in office, whom will do the will of the PEOPLE. The people (we) who own this country......

Do you remember when Obama, the candidate, said he would work with Congress to create millions of jobs by using the TARP funds to build new roads and replace our bridges, and promote alternative energy sources. and thus create those jobs? Never happened, under his leadership (or rather, his LACK of leadership). even when the Dems had control of both Houses of Congress.

But, it CAN be done. Time to move on, turn the page, and "get this done".

But WE, the people, need to vote to make that beginning possible.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    You think republicans will limit the Federal government's reach?

I bet the first thing they do is start talking about embryonic stem cell research or some other social issue, pissing off the entire electorate that put them there.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    You think republicans will limit the Federal government's reach?

I bet the first thing they do is start talking about embryonic stem cell research or some other social issue, pissing off the entire electorate that put them there.

If we listen to ANYTHING that was said - and a lot of what was DONE (Ryan choice for Veep), One cannot help but conclude that Jobs/Economy are issues #1,2,3,4 and 5 in a Romney administration. All of the other stuff should be WAY behind that in importance. And it was made pretty clear that the way they plan on growing jobs is to cut the size of government not raise taxes.

I don't see the "social issues" getting a lot of priority in such a setup, do you?

Did the R Congress under Bush2 screw it up? YEP! Did Obama take the screw up to a whole new level? ABSOLUTELY!

So - the question we are left with is this -

Do you vote for
    a) Obama - you know darn well what's going to happen. Cronyism writ large with no recourse, since he doesn't have a "next election" to worry about. Odds of the economy in the crapper when he's done - 100%
    b) Romney/Ryan - there's decent odds that they got the message (they are talking it now - we'll have to see if they walk the walk. ) Odds of economy in crapper when they're done - 25%?? 50%?? Call it what you want - but it's at least decently less than 100%
    c) Johnson/stay home/etc. since he's not going to win - no one truly knows who he is. Sad, but true. Vote defaults to whoever else is voting.

If I'm totally cynical and jaded - I vote for Johnson - let whomever win, since Romney/Ryan aren't going to learn from history anyway.

If I'm not - and I have any shred of hope that Romney/Ryan "get it" - I vote their way and give them a chance.

I guess I'm not totally cynical - yet... I'll give them a chance. It beats the known road to hades with Obama.

If the R's screw it up, though - 2016 will be one hell of an election - in every sense of the word...

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    When Mr Romney is President Romney, AND the Republicans take back the Senate majority.... WE, collectively, will begin solving our nations problems; the right way and with legislation that will finally limit the Federal governments power and reach.

Foreign policy, the economy, the massive unemployment, trade issues, the education issues, all CAN be solved... with the right leaders in office, whom will do the will of the PEOPLE. The people (we) who own this country......

Do you remember when Obama, the candidate, said he would work with Congress to create millions of jobs by using the TARP funds to build new roads and replace our bridges, and promote alternative energy sources. and thus create those jobs? Never happened, under his leadership (or rather, his LACK of leadership). even when the Dems had control of both Houses of Congress.

But, it CAN be done. Time to move on, turn the page, and "get this done".

But WE, the people, need to vote to make that beginning possible.

Here is where you and I disagree... I liken the "Will of the People" to the "Will of an obese child"... most Americans don't have the slightest clue on what it will take to turn around this country. There is this complete misconception that "The leaders" (if you want to call them that) are 100% to blame for the mess that WE are in.

Just look around on where peoples priorities lie? Reach into any "struggling" college kids pocket and I guarantee that 99/100 times you pull out a $400 electronic device that someone (either them or their parents... or their student loans) is paying $1600 a year to operate. Yet we call this kid a victim because he graduated college $40k in debt? We blame the school, we blame the lenders, we blame the government... but no one blames the kid. The American mindset is so warped and unrealistic....

You think society will begin to improve when we get a government that tailors to the "Will of the People" ... I think society won't improve until we get a government that can tailor the "Will of the People" to succeed.

---------------------------------------------------

Take something like Health and Fitness for instance....

You have someone like BHO who is telling the American public... "Don' you worry... you just sit down, enjoy your lifestyle and relax on the couch. Don't worry about health because I promise you free health care. If you get sick... I will provide you with medicine/doctors etc...."

He isn't requiring you to do anything...​

Then you have Romeny who wants doesn't want to give health care away... he wants to use competition to drive down the cost etc... etc... etc...

He isn't requiring you to do much of anything either... apparently he has it figured out and under control.​

The sad part is... NEITHER OF THEM ARE ADDRESSING THE PROBLEM. Americans are so damned unhealthy and reliant on health care that its impossible to believe that either one of them is going to fix the problem!!

Then you take a Michelle Obama (who is the butt of plenty of jokes) and you look at what she spent the last 4 years doing. She spent the last 4 years on a personal mission to educate children/adults on how to live healthier lives. She isn't forcing anyone to do anything... she is cleverly convincing them to change their mindsets and IT IS WORKING. Her main target has been children and she is all over Disney/Nickelodeon convincing them to put down the video game remote and go outside. I work in the Fitness industry and its amazing how many young children are taking control of their fitness... Not all of them!! But every year more and more of them.

That is what America needs..... We need Americans to say "I'm doing everything I can to avoid YOUR health care."

The solution isn't to find a way to make health care cheaper... the solution is to convince American's to get healthy which will result in less ABUSE of health care and then magically guess what? The price of health care insurance GOES WAY DOWN. The same way your car insurance goes down when you don't crash your car or get any speeding tickets for 5-6 years straight.

Last edited:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Seems to me, that IF a President Romney (who DOES have experience in the real world, unlike Obama). can help create 12 million jobs in America over the next 5 to 10 years... that will put people to work, at SOMETHING. A good part of those jobs will certainly require some physical labor and activity.

Physical labor and activity help promote fitness and better health, IMHO.

But I will agree with you on this: MY generation, is guilty of not teaching our children's generation.... 1) the value of earning a living (independence & responsibility), and 2) that there are far more wholesome and rewarding "free time" activities than video games and music. :patriot:

Top Bottom