• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What happens when you begin beating said guys head into the ground, he feels his life is threatened, pulls his own firearm, and shoots/kills you?

You become a martyr to your community, set race relations back 50 years, and the president uses your death to push his gun control agenda? :dunno:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    When you are packing heat, you are the only one that knows for sure that a confrontation could end up in a gunfight. With this knowledge in mind the responsibility is on you when a problem arises.

What I am saying in plain language is this; If you were armed in this circumstance you give up the right to "shove back"...... If after "shoving back" you end up needing to shoot somebody, YOU will be the perceived aggressor.

Carrying a gun necessitates the cooling of your jets to the extent that you take more crap than you did before. If not this then the bighouse is in your future.

This is good advice :+1:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    You become a martyr to your community, set race relations back 50 years, and the president uses your death to push his gun control agenda? :dunno:
    Oh, c'mon Chez, you know darned well that our current POTUS would 'never' use an incident or tragedy involving firearms to further his scumbag agendas... :rolleyes:

p.s. Oh, and using the two words 'race' and 'relations' next to each other in a sentence means you're either (take your pick, depending on the day) 'racist' or 'race baiting'
    (I wish libtards would just pick one and stick to it, so I better understand which one to :bash: them on!) :lmfao:

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    I can understand your concerns and the points you all have made. But where oh where did I ever mention that I wouldn't make sure she was ok first? And to be honest, I'd expect people to have to be more responsible when they get their driver's license than a carry license. Wanna know why? Cause you can mow a crowd of people down quicker with a vehicle than you can a gun.

Also, since I'm a little boy playing to be such a tough guy, why all the insults? Instead of a simple "I wouldn't do that. That's not the way to do it. I know, because I know the laws and regulations when it comes to carrying". An immature person like myself might learn a little better and quicker if such a knowledgeable community like this would approach it a little better.

Also, this situation never happened. Everyone is treating it like I've already committed such a horrible crime.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    I don't think it's whether the situation happened or not, but more the attitude you have toward that type of situation. It's concerning because these small, petty incidents turn into someone getting killed, and someone going to jail. In turn, it gives good folks who carry guns a bad name, and one more excuse for someone to try to take our rights away from us. So, my advice would be to put your gun in the safe until you understand the magnitude of responsibility that comes with carrying a handgun, and don't get it back out until you do. That's my two cents.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I don't think it's whether the situation happened or not, but more the attitude you have toward that type of situation. It's concerning because these small, petty incidents turn into someone getting killed, and someone going to jail. In turn, it gives good folks who carry guns a bad name, and one more excuse for someone to try to take our rights away from us. So, my advice would be to put your gun in the safe until you understand the magnitude of responsibility that comes with carrying a handgun, and don't get it back out until you do. That's my two cents.

Rep inbound. Well said.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Midget stripper body guards!!! Just one command and they come at ya like a bunch of spider monkeys! But like already been said, with great power, comes great responsibility! Under these circumstances the 1911 would've stayed holstered, and my minions of midget stripper body guards would've stayed in the trunk!! Anyone interested in renting midget body guards, can find us at SkullDaddy's midget strippers Emporium! , , like us on Facebook!!

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Since my girlfriend is pregnant, I would have handled the situation the same as his friend did. Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have beat him to death. That's just the protective father/boyfriend instincts I have. And if any of the guy's friends wanted to join in, that's when the .40 would come out. "Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family.

You'd think with your 'instincts', that'd read "father/husband"... just sayin'. :stickpoke:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Midget stripper body guards!!! Just one command and they come at ya like a bunch of spider monkeys! But like already been said, with great power, comes great responsibility! Under these circumstances the 1911 would've stayed holstered, and my minions of midget stripper body guards would've stayed in the trunk!! Anyone interested in renting midget body guards, can find us at SkullDaddy's midget strippers Emporium! , , like us on Facebook!!

Meh. Keep your minions. I'll go with Trunk Monkey

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l8oPVVGYQ40[/video]

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Also, since I'm a little boy playing to be such a tough guy, why all the insults? Instead of a simple "I wouldn't do that. That's not the way to do it. I know, because I know the laws and regulations when it comes to carrying". An immature person like myself might learn a little better and quicker if such a knowledgeable community like this would approach it a little better.

INGO tough love. The other choice was the INGO Pistol Whipping Squad, now calm down whippersnapper or no supper...

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I think we are missing the reason we carry. The ONLY reason we carry is to keep someone from killing us. If you get pushed down... stay down. Shut up walk away tuck your tail between your legs. Run if you can whatever. The only reason your pistol comes into play is if you don't you die.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Now we're onto premarital sex lectures. For the record, she has a ring on her finger. I just hate the word "fiancée". I'm not French. And as I've asked before, what would me having a gun have anything to do in this situation? If it was just one guy, he's not armed, we throw fists, done. Whatever happened to an old school brawl? And as far as me killing someone, the situation would have to be pretty bad to go that far. My definition of "pretty bad" may differ from yours. If I was to go into every little detail in every scenerio I can think of in a situation like that, this forum would run out of disk space. I'm not perfect and neither are any of you. So get off your "high and mighty because I took some safety/self defense/tactical gun carrying classes" kick and realize you have just as many flaws that people don't like about you as I do. Do I plan to take any of those classes? Yep. But leave it to the damn instructor that I pay to tell me I'm wrong.

We carry guns to protect our lives.. well understood, and it was well understood before. But just because a fight breaks out, regardless of how it started, doesn't mean I'm any less responsible to carry. I'd never pull a gun on someone who's unarmed. If there are multiple attackers, or if the person/people are armed and they draw, then yes. But me getting into a fight while my gun is "IN THE HOLSTER" does not make the gun community look bad. If anything, I'd say it would make us look a little better BECAUSE I DIDN'T DRAW. I'm not sure if fighting is a common thing where you're from, but it kinda is in the Evansville area.

People fight. Fights happen daily. Get over it. Do I go out looking for fights everyday? Hell no. I do have responsibilities, regardless of what you may think you know about me by reading text. But one thing is for damn sure, I don't sit around all day ridiculing what people say on a forum, or act like I can tell who they are just by what's posted next to their screen name.

I hope you all have spouses that dutch oven you nightly.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Now we're onto premarital sex lectures. For the record, she has a ring on her finger. I just hate the word "fiancée". I'm not French. And as I've asked before, what would me having a gun have anything to do in this situation? If it was just one guy, he's not armed, we throw fists, done. Whatever happened to an old school brawl? And as far as me killing someone, the situation would have to be pretty bad to go that far. My definition of "pretty bad" may differ from yours. If I was to go into every little detail in every scenerio I can think of in a situation like that, this forum would run out of disk space. I'm not perfect and neither are any of you. So get off your "high and mighty because I took some safety/self defense/tactical gun carrying classes" kick and realize you have just as many flaws that people don't like about you as I do. Do I plan to take any of those classes? Yep. But leave it to the damn instructor that I pay to tell me I'm wrong.

We carry guns to protect our lives.. well understood, and it was well understood before. But just because a fight breaks out, regardless of how it started, doesn't mean I'm any less responsible to carry. I'd never pull a gun on someone who's unarmed. If there are multiple attackers, or if the person/people are armed and they draw, then yes. But me getting into a fight while my gun is "IN THE HOLSTER" does not make the gun community look bad. If anything, I'd say it would make us look a little better BECAUSE I DIDN'T DRAW. I'm not sure if fighting is a common thing where you're from, but it kinda is in the Evansville area.

People fight. Fights happen daily. Get over it. Do I go out looking for fights everyday? Hell no. I do have responsibilities, regardless of what you may think you know about me by reading text. But one thing is for damn sure, I don't sit around all day ridiculing what people say on a forum, or act like I can tell who they are just by what's posted next to their screen name.

I hope you all have spouses that dutch oven you nightly.
    Oy.

Top Bottom