• ...and so much more!
  • Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    First...

...Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead....."Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family...
    progress.gif

Then,

...Whatever happened to an old school brawl? And as far as me killing someone, the situation would have to be pretty bad to go that far...
    progress.gif

...We carry guns to protect our lives.. well understood, and it was well understood before. But just because a fight breaks out, regardless of how it started, doesn't mean I'm any less responsible to carry. I'd never pull a gun on someone who's unarmed. If there are multiple attackers, or if the person/people are armed and they draw, then yes. But me getting into a fight while my gun is "IN THE HOLSTER" does not make the gun community look bad. If anything, I'd say it would make us look a little better BECAUSE I DIDN'T DRAW.
    progress.gif

Which is it?

I'm not sure if fighting is a common thing where you're from, but it kinda is in the Evansville area.
    progress.gif

It kinda isn't...

Last edited:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Hmm..

My bad. I was giving my opinion from my perspective.. if the situation was a little worse than his friend's. In my case, my girlfriend is pregnant. If shoved hard enough, she could fall on a hard surface, or into a hard or sharp object, which could lead to serious problems with the pregnancy. I guess I should have added that into my last post, if it would matter.

No need in bashing or telling me I shouldn't carry. And why would I want to edit my last post? Who cares if it was quoted 50 times?

As far as me trying to sound like a bad ass, or being a "keyboard killa", I'm not the one telling people to "STFU" or busting a key behind a keyboard. And yes, it is possible to kill someone with your bare hands, without a gun. But not once did I say all I needed was my bare hands. Ever heard of snapping someone's neck? Or bouncing their head on pavement like a basketball? What about punching them hard in the throat?

Put yourself in the "imaginary situation" I fabricated out of his friend's situation (added the pregnancy in), and then tell me if your answer is the same.

I have seen all of your movies, Above the Law, Hard to Kill, Out for Justice, Fire Down Below, Marked for Death, On Deadly Ground. Welcome to INGO, Mr. Seagal.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Now we're onto premarital sex lectures. For the record, she has a ring on her finger. I just hate the word "fiancée". I'm not French. And as I've asked before, what would me having a gun have anything to do in this situation? If it was just one guy, he's not armed, we throw fists, done. Whatever happened to an old school brawl? And as far as me killing someone, the situation would have to be pretty bad to go that far. My definition of "pretty bad" may differ from yours. If I was to go into every little detail in every scenerio I can think of in a situation like that, this forum would run out of disk space. I'm not perfect and neither are any of you. So get off your "high and mighty because I took some safety/self defense/tactical gun carrying classes" kick and realize you have just as many flaws that people don't like about you as I do. Do I plan to take any of those classes? Yep. But leave it to the damn instructor that I pay to tell me I'm wrong.

We carry guns to protect our lives.. well understood, and it was well understood before. But just because a fight breaks out, regardless of how it started, doesn't mean I'm any less responsible to carry. I'd never pull a gun on someone who's unarmed. If there are multiple attackers, or if the person/people are armed and they draw, then yes. But me getting into a fight while my gun is "IN THE HOLSTER" does not make the gun community look bad. If anything, I'd say it would make us look a little better BECAUSE I DIDN'T DRAW. I'm not sure if fighting is a common thing where you're from, but it kinda is in the Evansville area.

People fight. Fights happen daily. Get over it. Do I go out looking for fights everyday? Hell no. I do have responsibilities, regardless of what you may think you know about me by reading text. But one thing is for damn sure, I don't sit around all day ridiculing what people say on a forum, or act like I can tell who they are just by what's posted next to their screen name.

I hope you all have spouses that dutch oven you nightly.

so... Let's assume that you are in this situation, your gf gets bumped, and you get all butch to show her that you're a man. You get into a shoving match and fistfight with this guy. Let's even assume that you're winning because, as you've explained, Evansville is a fighting kind of town and you can beat people to death with your bare hands. So his three friends jump in before you... What was that, snap his neck or bounce his head off the pavement, or words to that effect? Now what?

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    so... Let's assume that you are in this situation, your gf gets bumped, and you get all butch to show her that you're a man. You get into a shoving match and fistfight with this guy. Let's even assume that you're winning because, as you've explained, Evansville is a fighting kind of town and you can beat people to death with your bare hands. So his three friends jump in before you... What was that, snap his neck or bounce his head off the pavement, or words to that effect? Now what?

IF she was hurt to the point that it caused physical damage to her or the pregnancy, and all the "stuff that only happens on movies" happens, after that I'm sure I'd get arrested and stand trial. And as far as said friends getting involved, yes, I'd pull it out and warn them away, or fire if they didn't run. Whether or not I'd win the fight, I'd still try.

Let me shove your pregnant girlfriend down with force (if you have one), and see if you let me walk away from it without harm.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Getting into a fist fight while carrying seems like a decent idea. Purple it yourself.

Be sure to have a couple beers beforehand as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Although I am the guy who said this...........

When you are packing heat, you are the only one that knows for sure that a confrontation could end up in a gunfight. With this knowledge in mind the responsibility is on you when a problem arises.

What I am saying in plain language is this; If you were armed in this circumstance you give up the right to "shove back"...... If after "shoving back" you end up needing to shoot somebody, YOU will be the perceived aggressor.

Carrying a gun necessitates the cooling of your jets to the extent that you take more crap than you did before. If not this then the bighouse is in your future.

Still, I got all tough and macho reading this;

Since my girlfriend is pregnant, I would have handled the situation the same as his friend did. Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have beat him to death. That's just the protective father/boyfriend instincts I have. And if any of the guy's friends wanted to join in, that's when the .40 would come out. "Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family.

Now I haven't ACTED in this mode ^^^^^ since I was a teenager, But the rowdy teen is still there. The "Inner Child" as it were........ I don't know exactly what I am trying to say here, I am just amused by my "HELL YES !" internal reaction in spite of my obviously knowing better.

Now my direct advise to Conner 85; Since INGO has beaten you up and took away your right to pack your gun, You are left with no other recourse but to INSERT YOUR BULLETS MANUALLY! See there? NO GUN INVOLVED!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I like the photo on the right. It has that look like, "Uh-oh, I didn't realize this really works, I'm passing out and there's nothing I can do about it, I hope I don't poop my pants."

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    IF she was hurt to the point that it caused physical damage to her or the pregnancy, and all the "stuff that only happens on movies" happens, after that I'm sure I'd get arrested and stand trial. And as far as said friends getting involved, yes, I'd pull it out and warn them away, or fire if they didn't run. Whether or not I'd win the fight, I'd still try.

Let me shove your pregnant girlfriend down with force (if you have one), and see if you let me walk away from it without harm.

I'd probably thank you. I had a vasectomy years ago, and that little tramp has some explaining to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow. Stayed out of here for a reason I see.
    I may not want to go into Evansville any time soon. Hate getting my A$$ kicked.
    My wife got shoved at a Colts game a few years ago. She said something to the drunken idiot and his buddy, he started to shove her again......MACE....situation handled. I was 2 steps from smashing the idiots pie hole out the back of his head but she dealt with it just fine. His buddy backed way the hell off.
    No really nice people were effected in this conflict.....:)

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South

Based on the current condition of your significant other, i'm guessing you don't say that very often

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is the sort of thread that does one of two things:

• It gets used by anti-gunners as an example of why guns should be banned.
    • It gets used by a prosecuting attorney as evidence against the defendant during the murder trial.

Yes, I have seen both. Yes, it does happen. Connor85, I hope you're never in a self-defense situation because this thread will come back to haunt you. To be honest, though, I think you're juat a former INGO member who is just trolling this thread.

Top Bottom