• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'll post an after but it will not be original! those idiots put so many random little grinds and divots in it and they only show after you start to grind. but in the end it will have correct and equal angles and edges that are tyler sharp.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'll post an after but it will not be original! those idiots put so many random little grinds and divots in it and they only show after you start to grind. but in the end it will have correct and equal angles and edges that are tyler sharp.

:rockwoot:^^^^and this exactly why Tyler gets my business and why he should get your business.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Whaddya wanna bet that the guy that did this never heard of Strider and probably thought it was just another cheap Chicom folder? "Here hold my beer" is about right.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I am not a knife guy but, that is not the knife I would buy for $500.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe some models do too. $500 is usually reserved for Hinderers, Chris Reeve Umnumzaan, Carey, RJ Martin, Lion Steel, etc. But, quality materials aren't cheap, and neither is a life time warranty, it's just part of the knife game. Anymore when it comes to knives, you just got to get what you want and don't think twice about price. Seems like high ends knives hold their value then most things nowadays anyway.

"Here hold my beer" is about right.

So, you're saying you've never had a few and sharpened your knife before? Come on, it helps steady your hand! Geeze! :D

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    fun fact: the Hinderer xm18 has a table/retail price of LESS than the Striders. by $50-100. yet secondary market price is rougly $650 and up.

so are you paying for better material (both are just about identical in construction) or are you paying for "cool guy points" when purchasing a hinderer (which is a fantastic knife)? if the strider stays right near MSRP and the other is 200% of msrp?

another fun fact: i sold a strider yesterday for $475. it is a user and it shows it.

:)

too bad the doctors will get all the $$$$$$!!!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah, Hinderer pricing is weird. If you win a drawing you can get a $475 knife, then sell it 4 minutes after for almost a grand :dunno:

Real cool knives though, but both times I've been at Blade they've ignored me so I don't think I'll ever get any. Once again though, real cool knives.

Mbandy13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Well, let's just say I was really pissed about it, obviously i didnt think the guy could manage to screw this up, or i wouldnt have done it. Of course it had to be one of my favorite $500 striders. Tyler thanks for fixing it up.

Mike

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    still working on it mike, I am taking it really slow so I can fix what they did in stages because once one defect is gone another surfaces so I'm trying to balance having it look decent and making it correct and true.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Take your time Tyler, take all you want, but you can't drag this out into a reality TV show.

Fix the knife and then go hunt Bigfoot with it with a clear intent to maim or kill, yes that works. I can wait for that.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    still working on it mike, I am taking it really slow so I can fix what they did in stages because once one defect is gone another surfaces so I'm trying to balance having it look decent and making it correct and true.

This means he lost it and is making an entirely new one for you, which will be better cause it will be forged from a ferrari.

Top Bottom