This May Be a Stupid Question But........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Ok so I just got my CLEO sign off on my Form 1 and my fingerprints taken, but I'm confused about one little detail. Who do I make the payment to? In Box 1 of Form 1 it says make a check or money order payable to the DoJ, but down on the instructions sheet on 2g, it says make the payment out to BATFE. So who do I make the check out to?

P.S. I promise this is my last dumb NFA related question................for now.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Doesnt matter. Either one works. Box one actually says "Department of THE Justice" (emphasis mine). I've sent them in with that on it and it works just fine.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Last week I just had a form 1 returned for having Dept of Justice on the check. A form was included which had as one of the reasons for the return was not having the check made out to BATFE. So I called and asked and was told it was retuned because the check was not made out to BATFE. So I sent it off with a check to BATFE.

chuck

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    That's crazy. Didn't know they cared. They should update their Form 1 then. Like I said, the two Form 1's that I've done were made out to DOJ, but I will make sure to endorse them to BATFE from now on.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    That's crazy. Didn't know they cared. They should update their Form 1 then. Like I said, the two Form 1's that I've done were made out to DOJ, but I will make sure to endorse them to BATFE from now on.

Yeah. Don't tell people to make it out to DoJ and then on the same damn form say make it out to BATFE. Pick one, and stick with it.

Top Bottom