Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Like we did with the economic problem here in the states by throwing endless money at it...if we throw more troops at the problem, it will somehow get solved. :n00b:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    How many more terrorist do we have to kill 'till our troops can come home?
    If they are continuing to recruit more for their cause, it seems all we are doing is something similar to using paper towel to dry out a sink with a leaky faucet.
    The problem is that this is a particular type of faucet that you can never remove or replace.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    How many more terrorist do we have to kill 'till our troops can come home?
    If they are continuing to recruit more for their cause, it seems all we are doing is something similar to using paper towel to dry out a sink with a leaky faucet.
    The problem is that this is a particular type of faucet that you can never remove or replace.

I can definitely see your point. No doubt Afghanistan could end up a "forever war".

ABN82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    History will show that these extremist have been trying to kill us (and will continue to do so) because we are infidels and they hate our freedom. At least Dubya had the gonads to take the fight to the enemy and we are fighting him in his back yard, not "OURS".

As far as throwing more troops in mix to solve the problem is really not the issue and is really not a decision any of us can monday morning quarterback if we haven't mastered the art of COIN. The arguable issue is this: The POTUS gave the GEN McChrystal his marching orders and a goal. GEN McChrystal simply stated that was what he needed to accomplish the mission.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    History will show that these extremist have been trying to kill us (and will continue to do so) because we are infidels and they hate our freedom. At least Dubya had the gonads to take the fight to the enemy and we are fighting him in his back yard, not "OURS".

As far as throwing more troops in mix to solve the problem is really not the issue and is really not a decision any of us can monday morning quarterback if we haven't mastered the art of COIN. The arguable issue is this: The POTUS gave the GEN McChrystal his marching orders and a goal. GEN McChrystal simply stated that was what he needed to accomplish the mission.

I can't Rep you again until I spread it around some more, but you will get a BIG rep for this post when I can. +1 :patriot:

ABN82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Doesn't this belong in the "Politics Section"? Gone for 20 hours, tops. I guess he can work on Saturday.

If you are referring to the POTUS, 43 Soldiers have died since GEN McChrystal asked for more troops! Saturday my a$$!

Top Bottom