• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southsider24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2020
    Elkhart
    Has anyone else ever had an issue with their Contender hammer not cocking? Any gunsmiths local to Elkhart county that are familiar with them? I'd rather not send in to Thompson for service.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    only when the trigger has been pulled after the barrel is closed. It has to be broken down and closed before the hammer will cock. But I am sure you are doing that.

Southsider24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2020
    Elkhart
    only when the trigger has been pulled after the barrel is closed. It has to be broken down and closed before the hammer will cock. But I am sure you are doing that.
    Right, it was working fine, but it now falls every time I pull it back after opening and closing. I recently got it, so I'm still figuring it out.

Southsider24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2020
    Elkhart
    Right, it was working fine, but it now falls every time I pull it back after opening and closing. I recently got it, so I'm still figuring it out.
    By the way, I have an extra 38 special 10" barrel that I don't plan on keeping for it. Let me know if interested.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Loosen your grip screw and see if it changes anything. If its overtightened it will interfere with the hammer. Over time people overtighten the grip and compress the wood causing the screw to protrude.

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    Trigger is adjustable for sear engagement. At the top of the trigger is a set screw that adjusts for sear engagement(creep). Too far in will not allow the sear to grab. Back the screw out about 1 turn, and check. Cock the hammer and turn the screw in until the hammer falls. Back the screw out about 3/4 turn, and check again. It should be about perfect. The screw on the top of the trigger is the one that would adjust creep, the one on the trigger guard is for overtravel.

Top Bottom