• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Looking for a 9mm/300BLK subsonic can and it has attracted my attention. Just curious if anybody has tried this combo, how quiet it is, and who in Indiana stocks Thompson Machine. I'm waiting to use it on a 8.5" upper. The HTA Guardian 9 isn't rated for 300BLK subsonic any more or that would be on the list, Liberty Mystic is a little out of my price range when you start adding the attachments, maybe Gemtech GM-9.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Anything made by Huntertown is automatically off of my list and any dealer that recommends them is also off the list.

You might try calling BGF.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have zero experience with the Isis 2. After finally getting to shoot some subsonic ammo through my AAC 762SDN6 can I can't see myself being happy with 300blk through a 9mm pistol can.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Anything made by Huntertown is automatically off of my list and any dealer that recommends them is also off the list.

I understand you opinion, I also know HTA is still a popular choice here. FWIW, I have a Guardian 22 partly due to Hoosier/Fort Wayne pride.

I figured BGF would be one to carry them, haven't got to call them yet.
    I have zero experience with the Isis 2. After finally getting to shoot some subsonic ammo through my AAC 762SDN6 can I can't see myself being happy with 300blk through a 9mm pistol can.
    I've shot it with my Dad's 762-SD and that may eventually get added to the trust we are looking at doing and that's part of the reason I'm asking about how quiet it is. I really only plan on shooting suppressed 300BLK subsonic and I don't own a .308 so I don't really need the weight, sometimes length, and cost of a .308 can. The Double whammy of being able to use it on a pistol since I don't have a 9mm can, a full .308+ can is overkill for me unless it is noticeably quieter. I've see one test where a 9mm can was comparable to .308 cans with subs. But that was one can in one test.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    YHM 7.62 phantom LT. Light, not terribly long, and reasonably affordable.

I do own a HTA .22 suppressor but that'll be my first and last. Other than price, they are the best at nothing.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    YHM 7.62 phantom LT. Light, not terribly long, and reasonably affordable.

I do own a HTA .22 suppressor but that'll be my first and last. Other than price, they are the best at nothing.
    It's on my list if I went .308 can along with the 762-SD/SDN6. But also shooting 9mm suppressed is more of a draw to me than .308/super 300BLK. Even then we're talking 10 oz or less with the pistol suppressors. Unless there is a big sound difference, the 9mm is more handy to me. If the 762-SD is added to the trust, it would suit my rare needs to shoot .308/300BLK supersonic. Even if it isn't I can make the trek up to Fort Wayne to do it with him.

:D Yeah I was hoping Corey will make into here but I'll give him a PM if he doesn't.

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis

I need to ask if there's any particular reason for this hesitance? Reason being, I've been considering one of their kestrel 5.56 thread on cans to place on a SBR.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I need to ask if there's any particular reason for this hesitance? Reason being, I've been considering one of their kestrel 5.56 thread on cans to place on a SBR.
    Look at some non-Indiana centric, more NFA focused sources to see more what he is talking about and form your own opinion.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Google "Huntertown Arms customer service".
    Youtube search "Huntertown explodes".

Their Kestrel 5.56 used to be rated for ANY barrel length until their suppressors started blowing up. Then they were rated for 7.5" barrels... and they were still blowing up. Then they were 10.5" and you guessed it, still blowing up. They are now rated for use on 11.5" barrels. I doubt they'll ever change it to 16" or greater as I feel they'll be out of business long before then.

Want a great thread on 5.56 can for cheap? Look at the Gemtech Trek. In the "latest deals on suppressors" thread on arfcom, the Trek was/is being sold for $295+stamp. If you'd like a great qd can while still sticking to your budget, Lanbo's sells the YHM 5.56 phantom m2 for under $450+stamp.

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have an isis that I bought from Corey and am happy with it. The only experience I have with Huntertown is a guardian 22 and no complaints. I also have a Thompson operative .22 ahd absolutely love that. With all that being said I will definitely by Thompson again but after all tge customer service reviews I will probably avoid Huntertown

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Avoid huntertown. Follow some of their threads over on Arfcom and you will see what kind of company they really are. Check out silencer shop for some deals. I just bought 2 suppressors from them. Zero hassle and hundreds less than any local dealer, plus if you use Premiere Arms in Brownsburg, there is no transfer fee as long as it comes from silencer shop.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I enjoy the YHM 762Ti It's light, relatively speaking, and it works. I used it on my .223 300blk and 308 with massive success. It would be cool to run a smaller lighter suppressor though.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Thunder beast arms makes some short .30 cal cans. Can't remember the exact model # but one of them is only 5" long and is perfect for 300blk subs

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I agree that if I go for a .30 it will probably be YHM.

But is there anybody that has used a 9mm can with 300blk subsonics? I like the idea that it can do two roles and it will still be light, plus if gives the option to reload lead bullets and clean a servicable can.

Hemicharger,
    I think you are talking about their discontinued 30PPS and their current Ultra-5.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Thanks Matt on the model #. I couldn't remember which one is saw.
    I also just checked silencerco's website and all of the osprey suppressors are rated for subsonic 300 blk.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I agree that if I go for a .30 it will probably be YHM.

But is there anybody that has used a 9mm can with 300blk subsonics? I like the idea that it can do two roles and it will still be light, plus if gives the option to reload lead bullets and clean a servicable can.

Hemicharger,
    I think you are talking about their discontinued 30PPS and their current Ultra-5.

I do, Gemtech Multimount.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I sent you a PM a couple days ago, but in addition to what I sent I would also be happy to meet you in person and show you the Thompson Machine Isis-2 in .300BLK. I have a demo can I can bring. It's to bad the range is still closed.

I have also also considered doing a TM night at BGF where I bring in all the "gunshow demos" (clean unshot cans) for people to see and take apart.

Let me know if that's something your all interested in.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I got it Corey, thanks! I'd be interested in something like that. Since it was Monday and BFG was closed I didn't call and forgot since then.

BTW, Corey did mention in the PM that it is a good option for what I am loooking at and has no minimum barrel length.
    I do, Gemtech Multimount.
    How does it do with the 300BLK subs?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I'd be interested in something like that. Since it was Monday and BFG was closed I didn't call and forgot since then.

Let me work it out with chell and Greg. It will most likely be a Friday evening or Saturday day due to working my IMPD job 12-10pm Mon-Thur.

I will also see if I can get them to do some kid of sale. :)

***ALSO*** The no barrel length requirement is for subsonic pistol calibers and .300BLk in our cans. Supersonic rifle calibers should be a 10.5" minimum barrel.

Top Bottom