• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I have a tuarus pt-22 I picked up years ago used I've put better than a 1000 rounds thru it 1 jam because I was using some cheap lead bullets and it built up a little in the barrel never had another prob love it

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Re the ruger options, Mark II preferably since the Mark I are kinda ammo and mag fussy. Skip over the Mark III, especially the 22/45s, not very durable. Plus, do not get a Jennings 22 which was my first handgun.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I have a Browning Buck Mark and love it

BrowningBuckMarkSightMarkReflexS-4.jpg

I put a inexpensive optic on it

It's a nail driver

Dependable with any .22 ammo

:cool:

Last edited:

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    Don't know that I would have one for self defense, unless as last resort, but as a lot of others have said the ruger mark series is hard to beat for fun plinking and target shooting. I'm thinking about getting one for me and my son.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Just went through this getting a pistol for my wife to learn on. I landed on a S&W M&P 22. I went with this because it looks and feels like a real one. I am happy with the gun. Accurate and runs great.

That being said, my dad has an older P22 with thousands of rounds through it. I am also a huge Ruger mark fan. They are deadly accurate and reliable. The only reason I didn't end up with one was because they are not good training tools IMO. This gun was to get the wife used to shooting a pistol as close to what a carry gun would be without the recoil and cost to shoot.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    You can't possibly go wrong with a Ruger Mark III .22 target pistol. There are many variations either new or used. Used prices are very good when looking for these pistols. The .22-45 variant feels like a .45 ACP Colt or the like. Reliability is unreal. And they shoot and shoot.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I have looked at the Baretta Bobcat in 22LR. Seems like a nice gun for carry. I have heard that the rim fire 22LR round is not as accurate as a center fire round like .25 ACP.

Top Bottom