• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Bare Arms in Noblesville had 2 come in and they were gone the next day. He said he was ordering 2 more. I will be checking it out when they come in.

Bugoutbob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    South Bend
    I have been thinking about this as my next purchase for a new daily carry.

Thoughts????

Great gun, feels nice in the hand, very concealable. My wife loves it and shoots very well with it, I still shoot better with my Glock 26, but with some more practice Im sure the Shield would be fine. For easier carry in the summer months I would even consider picking one up for myself since I can't seem to pry it away from my wife :):

finn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I've put right at 800 rounds through mine. FMJ and hollow points feed through with no problems. It has replaced my M&P pro as my E.D.C.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have been thinking about one also, but I can't justify it. My Kahr P9 is smaller and thinner. Besides my wife is about to kill me since I just found a Walther PPQ.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm really enjoying my Shield. The only negative thing I can say about it, and this is just me personally, is that it has that darn external safety. I will say after 500 trouble free rounds, it hasn't been an issue, and in fact, I'm almost to the point where I don't even notice it any more.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I shot my buddy's yesterday, and really liked the way it shot. If I had to pick one negative thing though... I wish it had a tapered muzzle (like the LC9). The hard edge on the slide at the muzzle end really makes it print in a pocket considerably more than the LC9, so I'm kind of on the fence. Thinking about keeping the LC9 and buying a Shield instead of getting rid of the LC9. Use the Shield for small IWB and the LC9 for pocket.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I shot my buddy's yesterday, and really liked the way it shot. If I had to pick one negative thing though... I wish it had a tapered muzzle (like the LC9). The hard edge on the slide at the muzzle end really makes it print in a pocket considerably more than the LC9, so I'm kind of on the fence. Thinking about keeping the LC9 and buying a Shield instead of getting rid of the LC9. Use the Shield for small IWB and the LC9 for pocket.

To each his/her own. Of all the crappiest triggers in the world, the LC9's may be the crappiest. So glad I dumped the Ruger and went with the Shield.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    To each his/her own. Of all the crappiest triggers in the world, the LC9's may be the crappiest. So glad I dumped the Ruger and went with the Shield.

No argument there. The Shield's trigger leaves the LC9's in the dust, although I wouldn't say the LC9 has THE crappiest trigger in the WORLD. It's long, no doubt, but it's not terribly heavy or vague. Not much of a departure from a DA revolver. Sadly, the boxy front end may make me hold onto both. Hard to say though, time will tell.

Top Bottom