• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I did this review awhile back: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-tuck-compared-split-decision-tailgunner.html

Since then its fallen even lower in my estimation. I haven't worn it since I bought a Blade tech IWB holster. Its more comfortable, doesn't have metal clips to scratch the backs of chairs, is faster to draw, and doesn't have a flap of leather that eventually curls and makes it harder to reholster.

I'm not a fan, although obviously many people are. Personally, I believe there are better offerings for less money out there.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I did this review awhile back: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-tuck-compared-split-decision-tailgunner.html

Since then its fallen even lower in my estimation. I haven't worn it since I bought a Blade tech IWB holster. Its more comfortable, doesn't have metal clips to scratch the backs of chairs, is faster to draw, and doesn't have a flap of leather that eventually curls and makes it harder to reholster.

I'm not a fan, although obviously many people are. Personally, I believe there are better offerings for less money out there.

Agreed. I have nothing against Crossbreed, just don't care for the hybrid type holster at all. Honestly I don't understand what anyone see's in them, but we all like different things.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Agreed. I have nothing against Crossbreed, just don't care for the hybrid type holster at all. Honestly I don't understand what anyone see's in them, but we all like different things.

For me it's all about comfortable conceal-ability.. but you are right, we are talking about different pistols, on different body types, with different clothes, etc. No way we will ALL like one design, IMHO

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I had a crossbreed once, concealed great but a hassle to take off and on IMO. I let it go with the pistol and have used regular kydex since. I like the ability to remove the whole setup and re install quickly and easily.

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    I want to thank everybody for their feedback. I ordered a Cossbreed SuperTuck and received it a couple weeks ago. I was initially concerned about an IWB holster, but after using one for a few weeks now I am very pleased with my purchase.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I carry a full size berretta 92 and also my berretta storm, fits in my same alien gear holster, it carries both weapons nicely and their 2,0 holster has a softer back side , if you want that.Their price is better, and they seem very appreciative of your purchase.And if you switch to another gun, you have to only purchase new shell. it saves money.

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    I love my Crossbreed, it handles a full size all steel 1911 just fine. That being said I picked up a N82 https://www.n82tactical.com/ a few months ago and I think it is more comfortable than the Crossbreed. I rotate between the two for different reasons currently but will say that the belt you use is probably more important than the holster you hang on it. Buy a good gun belt and it will make a mediocre holster feel like a million bucks if your used to your Walmart belt. My belt is 8 years old and still going strong. My belt btw cost more than the Crossbreed holster.

CrazyCracker

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...I have nothing against Crossbreed, just don't care for the hybrid type holster at all. Honestly I don't understand what anyone see's in them, but we all like different things.

Same here. Not a fan of the type/design (leather pancake with kydex half shell). Have tried similar offering from Comp-Tac. Takes up too much horizontal space on my belt that I prefer to use for other things. Some people love 'em though.

behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    I also have 2 crossbreed holsters and use them all the time. The only thing that bothers me about them is how wide they are just because it seems like they could use a little less space on the belt, but other than that they are great.

beef-supreme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Warrick Co., IN
    I went with a Crossbreed for my CZ P-01 back when they had horsehide available. It's thin, durable and carries great. There are quite a few cheaper alternatives if you're getting a cattle-hide holster though.

Plane Pistol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    I have a CB for my G23 and 709 Slim. I have worn both year round and find them to be overall excellent holsters. I did cut the leather back a bit for the G23 as my thumb was having a tough time getting a good grip on the pistol durning my draw. They both are somewhat noisy and I used 1/2 of self-stick Velcro to put the fuzzy side so it keeps the metal clips from rubbing leather. I also put duct tape on the back side of the clips which seemed to help.

I recently bought a Bently tuckable holster from Comfort Holster. It claims to be comforable because of a suede covering over the kydex. It is well made in the USA. I prefer the Crossbreed to the Comfort Holster. The Bently is a bit wider and I will need to move to a larger waist size on pants to accommodate the Bently comfortably.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I have several crossbreed holsters. They are very comfortable.

I have one that I bought for my P250 a few years ago. I rarely carry it now but when I do it goes right back into the Cross Breed as my "deeper" concealment option. Now that I've owned it for a while, I'm not sure I'd buy from them again simply based on price now that I've seen Old Faithful and others. Cross Breed makes a fine product, but their competitors do the same thing for a lot less with comparable quality.

The biggest issue I had with mine was when I first bought it the leather was very stiff. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem but it was stiff enough to hit the mag release on my P250! Cross Breed knows about this issue and on their website they recommend wetting the area and rubbing out a dimple where the mag release sits. It's a good fix for a serious problem.

Top Bottom